Windows 10 Mobile: new build 10549
After exactly a month, Microsoft finally released a new build of Windows 10 Mobile Preview in this quick channel update, but with one caveat. Because of a bug, which the developers have discovered in the last moment, 10549 version is not installed over a previous build of Windows 10 Mobile. In other words, if you want to try a new release, then first you will have to roll back to Windows Phone 8.1 using the Windows phone Recovery Tool. The company promises that soon this problem will be solved.
Changes and fixes in Build 10549:
- Cortana now works in Japan and in English language in Australia and Canada;
- the text area in Messages app now automatically expanded when entering text;
- new emoticons;
- the Lumia Camera app for Lumia 1020 is no longer removed when you upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile;
- fixed built-in camera app (crashes when other applications run it to take the picture);
- fixed problem with notifications in Action Center;
- fixed problem leading to the extinction of the touch keyboard every time you send a message;
- fixed bug when saving screenshots;
- fixed a bug that prevented to launch the apps installed on the SD card after removing and reinserting the memory card;
- zooming with two fingers in Maps app is now working properly;
- fixed a bug that caused a black screen when trying to set a custom ringtone for a contact;
- the alarm was returned to mode «vibration only»;
- fixed lock calls.
As usual, Microsoft has published a list of known issues in this build:
- after upgrading you may lose some apps (in this case, the company recommends to do a reset);
- after reboot of smartphone notifications will not be displayed until then, until you unlock the phone;
- after upgrading to this build you will not be able to do Skype calls for Business, WhatsApp and other apps (the problem is solved by reinstalling the applications).