Windows 10: how to install Windows DVD player free
Microsoft believes that Windows Media Center is no longer relevant, but because it is not available to users of Windows 10. For DVD playback on computers with new operating system the company has released a separate app that you can download for free for a limited time, but only on the condition that prior to the upgrade to «ten» on your computer was installed Windows 7 Ultimate, Professional, Home Premium or Windows 8.1 with Media Center.
All the rest, and even to those who first made the transition from one of the above versions of the operating system, and then performed a clean installation of Windows 10, Windows DVD player available for the money. However, there is a trick (illegal), you can install this app for free on any computer with Windows 10. So if you are wondering what is Microsoft offering to buy for 859 rubles, execute the following statement:
1. Download Windows DVD player for your version of Windows 10:
- for 32-bit Microsoft Server | Alternate link
- for 64-bit Microsoft Server | Alternate link
2. Just right click the file you downloaded and select «Open with»…
… then select «Explorer» and extract the file to any location;
3. Navigate to the root of the system drive (usually C:) and create two folders named Temp and Temp2;
4. Inside the Temp folder copy the extracted file;
5. Open a command prompt and type one of the following strings, depending on the bitness of the operating system:
- for 64-Bit: msiexec /a c:tempwindows10.0-kb3081704-x64.msi /qb TARGETDIR=c:temp2
- for 32-Bit: msiexec /a c:tempwindows10.0-kb3081704-x86.msi /qb TARGETDIR=c:temp2
6. Start Windows PowerShell as administrator, copy and paste into a PowerShell window the following lines and press Enter:
Add-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online-PackagePath c:temp2InstallDVDAppxPackagecd0c0ffe0ee94518833e70b1e931fcff.appxbundle -LicensePath c:temp2InstallDVDAppxPackagecd0c0ffe0ee94518833e70b1e931fcff_License1.xml
7. Wait until the command completes, and then click start.
Windows DVD player appears in the list of newly added apps, and if this list you’ve disabled in settings, then look for the player under «All apps».