Windows 10 Build 10576 out!
Today, in addition to the new build of Windows 10 Mobile (see here) Microsoft has released another insider version of Windows 10 on desktops, laptops, and tablets. In fact, today we witnessed a unique case, because so far over the past year of the program Windows Insider, the company has never released new builds for both versions of the system during one day.
The new version 10576 available through a quick channel update and contains the following changes:
Microsoft Edge: added support for broadcast video, photo and audio on Miracast and DLNA compatible devices. For example, you can stream video from YouTube, photos from Facebook and audio from Pandora. This function does not support stream protected content.
Cortana: added support for PDF files inside the Microsoft Edge. Using the context menu of the right mouse button you can obtain more information on the selected PDF document to text.
The Xbox app Beta: you can now find and add friends from Facebook. Also, the new version of the app allows you to record your voice when you activate the Game DVR functionality, and to search for and buy games for Xbox One.
- Fixed a problem where the Xbox app consume more gigabytes of memory in the presence of PC classic Win32 games (not from Store).
- Improved technology support nested virtualization (use containers of Hyper-V virtual machines Hyper-V), which debuted in the Assembly 10565. In particular, performance has been improved.
- Improved localization of the user interface in different languages.
- The search box now works even if Cortana is not available.
Closes the picture is a list of known issues and bugs:
- To continue receiving notifications about missed calls and send text messages using Cortana from now on you must use this or a later build.
- At the moment of the notification the volume level of any currently playing audio (music or video to Groove in Cinema and TV) is reduced by 75%.
- After updating to a new build of the app «Messages» will disappear all messages and contacts. To work around this problem, go to C:UsersAppDataLocalPackagesMicrosoft.Messaging_8wekyb3d8bbweLocalCache and delete or rename the file PrivateTransportId. Then restart the application.
- The compact devices like the Dell Venue 8 Pro when using screen rotation and zoom settings of the interface exceeds the physical screen size, can happen blue screen of death and roll back to the previous build.
- After upgrading to this build pressing power for the Surface Pro 3 can cause the device to shut down instead of sending it to sleep.
- Support WebM and VP9 was temporarily removed from the Assembly. The company promises to return in a future build.
Windows 10 build 10576 is another preview, which includes most of the changes that Microsoft plans to roll out as part of the Windows 10 update Fall Update. The release date for this update is not officially reported, but rumor has it that this may happen November 2.