Why is video slow on computer and other devices. What to do?
How often do you encounter problem when a movie or clip on your computer starts to slow down? This is a very common phenomenon, the causes of which quite a lot. Below we will explain why it occurs and how to get rid of this annoying problem.
First, consider the reasons that are rooted in the software of the PC as well as tell you about how their «treatment».
What is the codec? This is a system of libraries that allow the system to play files. Without the availability of the codec, the video stream may slow down or even fail to start.
In this case, it will help to download and install the universal library – K-Lite Codec Pack that contains everything you need for normal playback all known.
Video card driver
This problem often occurs after you reinstall your operating system. During this process installs a generic driver for your graphics card, which can cause unstable work of the players. To resolve this issue will help to install the newest driver for your graphics card.
First we need to know the model:
- click «start»;
- select «Execute»;
- in the window that appears, enter the command «dxdiag»;
- in the diagnostics window select the second tab «Display» where you specify the model of your card.
You can then download the latest driver from the official manufacturer’s website and update it.
If the driver of the downloaded archive and run, then update it as follows:
- unpack the archive;
- go to «device Manager»;
- find the section «display Adapters»;
- click the right button on the map and choose «Update driver software»;
- specify the directory where you stored the extracted files;
- waiting for updates to complete.
Viruses that affect the play quite a lot. If the computer starts to slow down, the movie freezes and is reproduced with the problems immediately diagnose for viruses.
Carefully check the system disk on which you want to hide the culprit of this problem. To avoid this in the future – always on time update your antivirus and don’t forget about preventive health checks.
Video: 5 Reasons why slow video
If obvious problems with the software part of PC have been identified – should pay more attention to its hardware part, that is, the components. If you have problems with playing the first note on the graphics card. Its possible the radiator is clogged with dust or broken fans. These troubles lead to overheating and problems with playback.
How you can help in this case? The output is:
- shut down the computer, remove the card, blow it and brush it;
- if the old video card to remove the heatsink and replace the thermal grease that could dry.
Such problems with video can also be directly linked to the overheating of the chip on the motherboard or processor. They arise for the same reason – because of dust buildup. Unscrew the system unit and get rid of it.
Please pay special attention to the memory chips, make sure all fans spin freely. If the system is not new – change the thermal paste.
Another reason for such behavior of PC can be the lack of memory. Let’s say you installed a new OS, put antivirus and many programs that need system resources.
When RAM is not enough to maintain their normal operation – the player can encounter this problem, the film can be slow or not start. In this case, open task Manager and close all unnecessary programs (special attention should pay to those that work in the background).
After updating Adobe flash player slow video
Player from Adobe that is built into browsers, often reminds me when updates are available, but often the situation when, after installing them, the problems begin playing.
In this case, it may help:
- hardware acceleration:
- run in a browser roller;
- click on the right button of the mouse.
- select the item «Settings» and then «Enable hardware acceleration»;
- clearing local storage:
- right-click, select «Global settings» and «Storage»;
- allow storing information on the computer by selecting the appropriate item;
- click «Delete all».
- the removal of the accumulated settings and data:
- open the player menu;
- go to the «Advanced» tab and select «Delete all»;
- put a checkmark in delete data from the sites and license files, and then click «Delete data».
- update Flash player:
- from the menu of the player get into the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- select «Check now»;
- if the information confirms that the player needs to be updated – do this by clicking on the appropriate link.
Video in browsers, social networks and YouTube why is not working
Modern users prefer to view any clips online. For this purpose, popular hosting sites, such as YouTube, Vimeo or social networks –Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki and others.
The causes of the problems in this case can be:
- the lack of RAM;
- strong boot other running processes;
- hardware problems described above.
When there are many simultaneously running processes, close them to free the right amount of RAM. What to do in the other two cases we described previously.
Low speed of the Internet
For speed play online directly impact the speed of your Internet. How to check its actual value? It is very easy – in the network there are many sites with online tests to help you determine the connection speed.
Attention! When conducting the online test, pay special attention to the figure of the «Download Speed» – he indicated on the speed of loading video online.
Problems Flash player
Problems with Flash-player are purely programmatic in nature. To solve them you need to update your browser to a recent version. To do this, go to the tab «About», located on the top panel and check the installed version. If the browser offers to update – do it.
Video: Why are Internet videos slow
Only in Chrome
Problems with playback arise only when you use the Google Chrome browser? In this case, the reason lies in the conflict of the plugins. This browser already contains built-in player by default, but with time it can be installed other plugins (e.g., Macromedia), are in conflict with already installed.
Sometimes it even happens without the knowledge of the user together with other software. To resolve a conflict by going to the extension page of the browser and deleting them manually. How to do it – read on.
Disable third-party Flash plugins
To do this:
- type in address bar «chrome://plugins» and press Enter.
- in the plugins window looking for «Flash Player»;
- if the name is spelled a number of files, then click on the «Details» button located in the upper right corner;
- find the player in the line «Location» is specified we need the browser;
- the other plugins are located in other directories, disable;
- restart the browser and check the operation of the player.
Include graphics accelerator
To enable the graphics accelerator is required:
- enter «chrome://flags» into the browser and press Enter.
- find the item «Override list.»;
- click on the link «Enable»;
- to restart the search engine and check out the video work.
Plug-in third party plugins
To help solve the problem with playback can sometimes help third-party flash players, this time do everything exactly the opposite:
- in the address bar, typed «chrome://plugins» and find the installed player;
- click on the «Details» button and viewing information about installed plugins;
- turn off the player, the location of which is specified Chrome;
- one third party option is subject;
- go to «chrome://flags», activate the «Override list»;
- restart the browser and check working or playing online.
Problems with movies on your tablet and netbook
Problems with playback on tablets and netbukah occur no less frequently than a stationary PC. If the clip does not start an online business most likely in the browser. Slow or not run the film in accordance with the established player – you need to check the codecs and update the player.
The way netbuki not always supplied with the necessary software, which would be no problem to reproduce all formats of video. To remedy this situation the user will need, installing the driver, updating the codecs and players.
These processes are similar to those described above. Also do not forget that such devices are not immune from viruses, mechanical damage, and the ubiquitous dust.
To cope with the braking and hang the video is quite simple. As you can see, this problem is very common, there are many reasons for its occurrence, and not less ways to get rid of it.
All described processes are easy to implement at home, but if the same problems again and again – it is recommended to contact the service center. If you have any questions, use the comments on our website.