What should I do if the keyboard layout does not change
If you experience such problems, you need to know a few simple steps that will help to change the input language quickly and effortlessly.
Actually, the reasons for this problem, there are many.
For a start, it is necessary to consider the main ones:
- in the settings you specify a single language – this happens when a new computer and configured it as standard. In this case, you need to add another language keyboard;
- the keys used for switching, namely the Shift + Alt, not programmed to perform that action;
- these keys simply do not work – this is due to the technical ability keys, i.e. they are just out of order. In this case, in the settings you can choose other keys, which will be responsible for switching.
If you do not change the keyboard layout, it is easier to cope with this problem will be possible, if the cause of the fault will be correctly installed.
and what can be done
In this situation, do not panic. Of course, if the normal use of the computer interferes with something, you should not immediately run to the service maintenance.
For any operating system have procedures that will help to solve any problem, or almost any. Let’s face it.
Do not rush immediately to take any action. Could easily crash the system, then just need to restart the computer.
If this procedure does not work, then you must do the following:
- to check whether you have specified a second language. To do this, click the right mouse button on the language bar, select options or Settings and in General settings to choose any of the available options;
- if the language bar does not appear, then you need to go to start menu – control Panel and under regional and language settings Languages, remove the check mark from the line to Enable text services to all programs;
- another way is to assign other keys, which will be responsible for switching. Here’s how: go to start menu, then regional and Language options, then in the control Panel, and already there click Change shortcut keys.
- and there is another way to make sticky keys. This is done by clicking Shift, Ctrl, Alt 5 times. Then you can leave this mode or disable it by pressing the Cancel button. This procedure will start again switching the keyboard.
Does not change the keyboard layout in Windows 7 – do not worry it is easy to fix.
Windows 7 is a more modern version of Windows, so here everything is much simpler:
- go into the start menu;
- then the control Panel;
- then Clock, language and region;
- click the regional and Language options;
- select the keyboard language and keyboard;
- click Change keyboards;
- in the opened window, Add the desired language;
- or in the tab Language bar, select the line Pinned to the taskbar and put a checkmark in settings to Display additional icons in the language bar on the taskbar and Show text labels on the language bar.
Video: Keyboard does not switch
If you do not change the keyboard layout on Windows 8, and there is no need to panic. Although Windows 8 is more advanced, some problems can occur, and this may affect how the system failure and incorrect settings of the computer.
The interface of this software is a little different from the usual Windows 7, but it is also easy to use.
To display the language bar should:
- to enter the start menu, then select Run.
- in the opened window, enter the name of the program, folder or document you want to open.
- in the input line type word regedit and click on OK.
- a window will appear with the name of registry Editor, left click on the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder and from the list choose Softaware;
- scroll the cursor to the folder Microsoft;
- clicking on it to find the Windows folder, click on it and then on Currentversion;
- in the list find the folder Runи in the right window click the right mouse button on an empty space and select new – String value;
- a new option rename in LanguageBar, click on it, right click and choose Edit.
- in the Value row, type “ctfmon”=”CTFMON.EXE”;
- click on OK, reboot the computer and see the language bar appeared.
The language can also be changed manually. For this you’ll need to perform 3 steps:
- add a language;
- download and install language pack;
- set language as primary.
Let us consider all the necessary steps:
- On the taskbar you need to click on Settings – change PC settings;
- select Time and language – Languages and regions;
- click on add a language and select the desired;
- to add a language pack, you need to select the language. In the opened window will have three buttons: Use as the main Parameters to Remove;
- click Options – Load;
- after downloading click on set as primary.
All changed parameters will be permanently installed after you logout, and restart. Then choose the desired language will be clicking on it with the mouse.
Video: Punto -switch keyboard
The keyboard layout has stopped changing, install Punto Switcher
Punto Switcher is an essential program for those who work a lot with text files and prints in Russian and English. Its advantage is that it automatically switches from one language to another.
The program is guided by the fact that if the letters you type do not occur in a particular language, it automatically picks up any.
Anyone has ever encountered such a problem that the printed text was simply an incomprehensible set of letters, because the layout was different.
So, if you do not change the keyboard layout, not depending on Windows system, the program will help to solve this problem.
To install the software is very simple. To do this:
- log on to the program website and click on Download;
- after skakavica to open the file on your computer, and the installation will begin itself;
- you will only need to follow the installation instructions, and all.
Even the smallest problem can make the computer work less comfortable and cause a lot of inconvenience. But the advice contained in this article will help you to cope with this problem, and you will be able to continue their occupation.