What to do if the battery on your phone draining quickly Android
Solution to rapid consumption of battery charge is the creation of an optimum configuration of the smartphone by disabling the unused or underutilized features.
Also, it is important to monitor gadget on the subject of irrational use of energy resources that can help specialized programs.
Causes and solutions
Why the battery of Android is quickly discharged? The reasons for such behavior of battery:
- work background processes
- the accelerometer sensor
- beautiful fashion live Wallpaper desktop
- high brightness display
- includes built-in wireless technology and much more.
We offer a number of methods for solving this problem. These methods are based on disabling certain functions of a smartphone, consuming a lot of energy, but not used by the user. Also, is there a software solution to the problem of fast power consumption.
Live Wallpaper is simple application that consume a considerable amount of battery energy. Use simple images as Wallpaper desktop, animated Wallpaper to be removed.
Video: What battery is discharged
This sensor is one of the main components of the device, which «eats» the battery. One of its functions is to rotate the picture screen, if the user turned the device. The accelerometer continuously monitors the position of the smartphone, and therefore consumes energy.
Disable the accelerometer sensor in settings. For example, it may be under «System». Need only move the slider to off to disable the accelerometer.
Why a new battery on Android quickly? Guilty of this also background processes. Sometimes, users don’t close apps, and start a new one, forcing open the program go to the background.
It becomes invisible but continues to run. In the background are also a lot of services.
To stop background programs:
- go: Settings»;
- Application Manager;
- Is performed;
- choose the desired program;
- in the options for the selected application will find the button «Stop».
It is better to disable the background processes, with programs optimizers, and not try to do it manually. Without the necessary experience, you can disable important system process that will lead to unstable operation of the gadget. Instead, you can use that program as a Battery Saver.
Saving display settings
The speed of battery consumption depends on such characteristics of the display, as the brightness. This is one of the main reasons when answering the question, why the battery on Android was quickly discharged.
The higher the number, the more energy consumes the screen. Therefore, to save energy, reduce this feature to the optimum level.
To manipulate the degree of brightness of the screen in the device settings:
- open the configuration of the smartphone;
- in the next step choose the option «Display» in «Device»section;
- find the «Screen» section and select the option «Brightness»;
- with the slider of the brightness level in the displayed additional window, adjust the brightness of the display is the optimal level of 30%.
Today’s portable devices equipped with mobile communication 2G, 3G and 4G already — their modules consume a lot of energy, so they should also be disabled. First, you need to decide the main purpose of the gadget: only voice calls or data transfer.
Cellular the second generation is able to transmit only voice. Network third and fourth generation and is capable of transmitting voice and data. If the smartphone is used only for phone calls, communication of the 3rd generation better off. So you can save significant amounts of battery power.
Disabling wireless technologies
The chipsets of modern gadgets are equipped with built-in wireless technology.
Including the popular:
- data transfer protocols under a familiar name Wi-fi;
- data transfer Protocol short-range Bluetooth;
In the absence of 3G module to access the Internet using WAP technology for transmitting mobile data.
Each module is a wireless technology, being in the enabled state, is also a big consumer of battery charge. If it doesn’t need at the moment, so it needs to be disabled.
Mobile devices equipped with different operating conditions. One of such conditions is called an offline or «airplane mode». It is necessary to restrict user access to a cell phone while flying in an airplane.
This gadget is not disabled at all, but leaves to use active modules Wi-fi and GPS.
Offline mode can be used to save battery. This is well known to the tourists entering the area of poor coverage, take their gadgets in airplane mode. Trying to catch a bad signal, this gadget spends a lot of energy, and the transition to Autonomous operating condition allows you to preserve it for future calls.
- press the power button;
- hold it pressed for 2-3 seconds;
- in the opened window select «Offline mode» (airplane icon);
- additional dialogue will agree to turn on, clicking «Yes».
Only 2G network
If the smartphone is equipped with mobile communication modules of different generations, then it can be configured so that it will only work with GSM. Required for this option may carry different names: «Only 2G» or «GSM Only».
This setting will disable the mobile communication higher-generation (WCDMA, LTE). Smartphone user will continue to use it only in voice mode, simultaneously saving significant amounts of energy.
The inclusion of this way of working on different devices can be different.
However, this feature is always located in the subsection «network Mode» under «Mobile network». For example:
- open the configuration of the device;
- go to «Network» or «Wireless network»;
- the next step may be the «Advanced» tab or without it;
- next, choose «Mobile networks»;
- in the parameters of mobile communication will open the window «network Mode»;
- in the opened window, select the checkbox for the option «GSM Only» or «Only 2G network».
There are a number of factors smaller, able to contribute to accelerated loss of battery for its energy resources:
- enabled vibration alert;
- haptic feedback when typing;
- excessive volume of the played tunes;
- magnetic field sensors, light, gravity, pressure, thermometers, etc.
- the included GPS.
App for battery saving
To track and optimize the energy consumption of the battery is possible with the help of specialized applications. We offer for consideration two of the most popular among users of the program: EasyBatterySaver and BatteryDoctor. One of them is very simple and the second more difficult to use.
The function of this application is very simple. It allows you to disable or enable the different modules of the smartphone:
- Auto-rotate screen;
Also, it is possible to adjust the screen brightness and timeout transition to a state of energy saving.
For example, if the saver we need to disable the sensor function of the accelerator, then there’s no need to «dig out» the appropriate setting in the smartphone. Using Easy just click the button «Auto-rotatescreen».
Battery Doctor Saver
Doctor Saver is a more complex program. It will allow you to:
- to optimize the process of charging the gadget;
- to track the energy consumption of applications;
- disable background processes that consume a lot of energy;
- to disable and enable the core modules of the gadget (Wi-fi, Bluetooth);
- to adjust the screen brightness and the timeout transition of the gadget in sleep mode;
- set up various types of energy saving and create the schedule.
Using functions of this application can monitor the battery temperature, voltage. Need to say that the Battery Doctor is a service that runs in the background, but because this program is a big consumer of battery power.
To improve the operating environment of the Top with the battery, users have resorted to firmware update.
This can be done in several ways:
- through the upgrade configuration of the system;
- with the updates, manually downloaded from the official manufacturer’s website;
- with the help of special programs that are available in Play Market.
To update your version of Android and firmware should perform the following steps:
- connect to the Internet;
- open the configuration of the gadget;
- go towards «About the device.
- in the new tab choose the «Update» function.
The system will check for the latest version of Android and, in case of detection of such, will start downloading the updates. It will prompt the user to agree to install the downloaded new version.
After receiving a positive answer, Android will restart the phone and open a command terminal, in an environment which will install the updates.
We reviewed a small list of ways to solve the problem of rapid discharge of the smartphone. As you can see, the speed of discharging of the battery is affected by several factors: active live Wallpaper, modules, wireless data transmission, background processes, high brightness screen, built-in sensors, modules, mobile communications and so on.
To reduce the energy consumption, it is necessary to disable unused modules, to stop using a live Wallpaper, it is possible to introduce energy saving methods consumption