What are the browsers for computer
Today it is impossible to imagine the work in the Internet without using browser. They have become so commonplace that people don’t even notice them.
Unfortunately, the consequence of this attitude is ignorance of the basic issues related to Internet browsers and, as a result, problems finding the right information, inefficient use of system resources, and much more.
Will try to tell what the commentators and what they need. But we’ll start with definitions.
What is the browser?
Before studying some concept, it is always useful to define it.
A web browser is software used to view web pages, manage and operate web applications, learning content in web documents, and much more. In other words, it is a multifunctional product, which has become an integrated system for processing incoming data and provide user interaction with the Global Web.
Distributed and updated they are completely free, often as part of the operating system.
The emergence of browsers
The viewer first appeared in the 1990 year thanks to the efforts of prominent scientist Tim Berners-Lee – Creator of the Internet. It was called – WorldWideWeb, but was later called Nexus.
However, people love this program are not found, and now remember only a few fans and historians. The real popularity gained NCSA Mosaic, which formed the basis for the famous Internet Explorer-and less well-known Netscape Navigator.
The latter was developed under a variety of operating systems ranging from UNIX, and ending with the MAC OS. This was the reason for the disappearance of Netscape – Windows, gaining in those years, power was supplied together with a built-in Explorer-om, which was intended primarily to work in this OS.
We can say that in 1995 there was the first war in the market of Internet browsers, which is the brainchild of Microsoft defeated all his rivals, becoming for many years a monopolist.
The source code of Netscape formed the Mozilla Foundation, which at one time turned into the «Fiery Fox» (eng. Firefox – fire Fox).
In 1995, the same year appeared the Opera was very interesting at that time, the program, but its shareware distribution greatly reduced the popularity of the project in Europe and the United States. The fallacy of this measure was recognized by the creators that only in 2005-m to year.
As you can see, over time things have changed, the constant as there is only one thing – the relentless struggle of the reviewers with each other. The war in which the victory was used all the funds. But it is not related to the topic of this article.
What are the browsers for computer
We have already cited a few names.
We believe that the time has come to talk more about them.
- Internet Explorer. This is one of the first browser in history. Legend, with a massive number of shortcomings (more on those below), but still favored by many users.
- Opera. She used to be extremely popular on the expanses of our country, and this was associated with peculiarities of distribution of the program. It should be understood that «shareware» fifteen years ago meant «hacked». But because the Opera was part of almost every multi-boot disk.
- Google Chrome. Newcomer of 2008 year of birth, became the main competitor of Internet Explorer. His phenomenal popularity promotes the development of mobile phones, smartphones and tablets, for which Chrome has become almost the main system;
- Mozilla FireFox. Classic and very reliable browser. A number of features Chrome much like him, that should cause some questions regarding the cleanliness of the programmers of Google. In any case, FireFox is a quality program that is the key to its popularity;
- Yandex.Browser. Domestic viewer created on the engine, Google Chrome. But to call it a clone it is impossible. The result was extremely successful, together with a General popularity of Yandex in Russia provides him with the growing popularity;
- Safari. And another young development. This time – Apple product designed to work in the OS of the Corporation.
Advantages and disadvantages
We understand, what are the web browsers on computer and mobile devices. Now we will try to answer the question, what are their strengths and weaknesses. We begin, of course, with the recent master of the market.
- the main advantage of IE is that it available immediately after installing Windows. No need to search, download or get in any other way;
- it is simple. The interface is not overloaded with complex elements, everything is easy and understandable even the person who has no experience with PCs;
- and, oddly enough, the Explorer is the most secure browser that supports more than one thousand security settings.
- years of undisputed leadership did not go in his favor. Customizability and extensibility of IE below any criticism;
- about the slowness of this program is legendary. It is hard to imagine that such a serious product can be so unoptimized, but the fact remains;
- popular. Yes, it’s not always good. For example, no matter how the system is protected or not, professionals will be able to find workarounds. And the focus of the attackers pay it on the giants.
- the built-in mail client;
- unlimited number of visual bookmarks that help you to save the desired page and not to delve into history to find them;
- big database of extensions;
- the presence of a way to speed up page loading, if the connection speed leaves much to be desired;
- your one-stop sidebar, which displays all the necessary information;
- a lot of little things such as the ability to write a note, or change the design theme that will make the job more enjoyable.
- if you overdo it with the bookmark, the pages will load really slowly;
- there is no automatic translation of the pages. Of course, such a translation is almost always substandard, however, it is often necessary for people who do not speak foreign languages;
- synchronization is flawed – at times behaving strangely;
- the program with each new version becomes more demanding of computer resources.
- its main advantage is the absolute synchronization of each tab, each topic, each application can have. Adjust Chrome by itself, and can use it on any computer, all settings will be saved. This will only go under your account;
- luxury online shop where you can buy games, books, music, and more;
- automatically translate pages into different languages;
- pages loaded really quickly;
- supported Evernote.
- bad show yourself when working with WordPress. This problem is gradually receding into the past, but, nevertheless, sometimes makes itself felt;
- not the most comfortable implementation of bookmarks, markedly inferior in quality to the Opera;
- hard to read the source code;
- a poorly designed system download files.
- comfortable and pleasant interface;
- a high degree of protection;
- the presence of auto-blocking all pop-up Windows;
- bookmarks are manageable, and very well;
- also, Firefox allows you to create user profiles.
- you can’t disable images on the pages;
- the latest version of steel «heavy» — turn on a large amount of system resources that is felt on the middle-tier computer;
- reset all settings with every update;
- and again — problems with bookmarks.
- it is integrated with all services of Yandex. Therefore, if you are actively using company-provided opportunities, you will find this benefit extremely useful;
- blocking malicious downloads;
- programmers of Yandex did a great job with bookmarks. The effect is like a counterpart of the Opera;
- is integration with social networks;
- performance. The speed of the Yandex high enough to be considered a virtue.
- interface. Not the most comfortable «smart string» to search for;
- the strangeness of the system of protection, strongly adding components virus on your computer;
- not enough variety of extras.
- the main advantage of Safari is due to the fact that it is integrated in all products of «Apple» and is available immediately after purchase laptop, phone or tablet Apple. In this it is similar than Internet Explorer;
- high-quality anti-phishing filter;
- pop-up blocker;
- you can enable private browsing which PC won’t accept cookies, history will not be carried out, and the passwords saved. This allows you to work with someone else’s computer without fear to give other people personal information.
- boring interface;
- complexity. Unlike Explorera Chrome and Safari complex, and therefore to deal with it, will have to spend a lot of precious time;
- the resource consumption. Safari require the distraction of a serious computer capacity, which can adversely affect performance;
- often strange behavior, if parallel open one of the competitors like FireFox or Explorer-a. Not all users like such a claim to sole domination.
In conclusion, we can say the following. There are different browsers for computers. Some better for some purposes, some for others. Of them hard to provide the perfect, able to perform any function in the head and surpassing rivals.
You should understand that you need to push off it. I hope that this article will help you to obtain such knowledge.