Remove visual bookmarks, Yandex from Mozilla Firefox
A visual bookmarks in Mozilla rather weak, so many users are hesitant to install third-party products. Often it is not in their direct request. The fact that Yandex has partnered with many it companies and there is the likelihood of bookmarks during the installation of any SOFTWARE.
Thanks to the efforts of the developers, in the absence of adequate information, it becomes a very difficult task. However, if it exists, deal with it absolute by any user.
What is visual bookmarks from Yandex
They represent a kind of extension from Yandex, which allows to simplify the work with Internet resources.
So, it is possible to allocate following functions:
- built-in search of Yandex, located at the top. In an existing line, you can immediately enter a query;
- a list of most visited sites. It is possible to add resources at will.
- the ability to change the background of the browser;
Interesting: you can upload any picture you desire.
- comfortable operation with a history of visits and downloads;
Despite the apparent advantages of such items may not like for several reasons. First, they are without knowledge of the user change all the settings (from default search, home page). Second, their presence might affect the safety of your computer.
All supposedly useful functions aimed at the promotion of Yandex services. In this case, such agitation can seriously impact the performance of your Internet connection. In this regard, many decide to uninstall visual bookmarks, Yandex from Mozilla Firefox. To uninstall this extension will require a little effort.
The way to remove
To get rid of this annoying extension, perhaps most importantly strictly to act of the user. This task will require completion of several actions.
video: Visual bookmarks for Mozilla Firefox
Open add-ons Manager
The first thing you’ll need to open the tab, responsible for the management of additions.
Do everything in this order:
- open the browser;
- click on the bright orange button that says Firefox.
- this will open a list of options. Select the menu item «extras». It is opposite the icon that looks like a blue piece of the puzzle;
The described operation can be performed much easier: simultaneously press Shift+Ctrl+A. in General, should know the basic keyboard shortcuts, because they are much easier to work.
So, we opened a window showing information about all the extensions integrated into the browser. At the same time near each of them there is two buttons «remove» and «disable».
Tip: if you often use the software downloaded from the Internet, then most likely you have quite a lot of unnecessary extensions. They can slow down the work on the Internet. So better remove them all.
If you press the button «disable», then the extension is deactivated. It would seem, why then remove it? The fact that such software often is configured for forced labor. That is, with high probability, after the computer is restarted, then the extension is re-booting.
Therefore, it is best to resort to the most radical solution. This will completely get rid of unnecessary add-ons.
Do the following:
- click on the button «remove»;
- the result will be a system message that the Supplement successfully uninstalled;
- if not, you need to delete Yandex elements of the control panel;
- in some situations, you may need to first stop all processes (in task Manager) associated with the extension;
The completion of the procedure
Left the final chord:
- after the uninstallation, click on the tab «restart now»;
- in the end, the browser will restart, applying the new settings. Visual bookmark will disappear;
- now you can install any other add-ons, or to use the factory features. Experts advise not to load the browser.
Most likely, some of the settings remained unchanged. In particular, you will need to manually remove Yandex from your home page. You will also be able to choose another service as the default search.
As you can see, the procedure is quite simple. However, it was not necessary to constantly perform such an operation, it is necessary to monitor closely the installation of the software, taken from unverified sources.
Mainly because of him and appear on the computer of unnecessary utilities.