Install Windows 7 from a USB drive
There is a need to install Windows 7 on a netbook or computer without a floppy drive ? This is no big deal. Windows 7 can be easily installed with a USB-stick.
The installation process does not differ from the installation of Windows 7 from the installation disc with the only exception that we need not drive a bootable flash drive is Windows 7 .
Bootable USB flash drive Windows 7
To create a bootable USB flash drive and install Windows 7 it is necessary to:
1) USB-flash drive capacity of at least 4 GB
2) A computer, a laptop or netbook with the ability to boot from USB-drive *
3) Software for creating a bootable USB drive
All the files necessary to boot Windows 7 USB drive download the following link:
Software to install the boot loader on the stick skchayte here .
Archive for creating an installation stick of Windows 7 (all editions), 32-bit OEM can be downloaded here
* On some older motherboards (for example, ASUS P5GD1 PRO) install Windows7 with the stick is not possible . In this case, Windows 7 can only be installed from the disk.
How to make a bootable USB flash drive installation of Windows 7
The process of creating a bootable USB drive simple, does not require any special knowledge and will not take much time. We consider it point by point.
1) Extract the RAR-archive grubinst.rar using WinRAR or WinZIP program in any folder on your hard disk.
2) Run the file hpusbfw.exe from the archive. You will see a window flash format.
Under Device , select your USB flash drive. In the File system , select the FAT 32 . In the Volume label you can enter the volume label (name of the stick, which will be displayed in a folder such as My Computer ). The volume label may only consist of letters and numbers.
Click Start to format the flash drive. Note that in the course of formatting all data on the flash drive will be deleted. On the message that appears on this click Yes to continue.
After formatting window appears with information. Click OK.
3) Run the file grubinst_gui.exe . This installation program loader in the MBR (Master Boot Record) of the stick.
From the drop-down menu Disc , select your USB flash drive (guided by size). I have a USB flash drive 4 GB, so I chose a device with a size of 3859 MB. Another tip to choose the right drive. If you have one hard drive, it will show up as a device (hd0) , a USB flash drive (if it is one) as the device (hd1) . If two hard drives (physically, not two sections), they will respectively (hd0) and (hd1) , and USB flash drive — (hd2) .
From the drop-down menu Part List select a While disk (the MBR) . If this menu, all the items are empty, click the Refresh button next to update the list of devices.
Now click Install to begin installing the bootloader.
If a window appears with the message The MBR / BS has been successfully installed . Press <the Enter> to ‘continue’ … , then everything went well and the flash drive is now bootable.
Press the Enter key to continue. The message window closes. Now click Quit to exit the installation program.
Now the bootloader installed on a flash drive and boot from it is possible. It remains only to write the necessary files.
4) Unzip usb-win7all_oem_x32.rar or usb-win7all_oem_x64.rar depending on the desired version of Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit).
Everything! Bootable installation usb-flash drive is Windows 7 ready.
Now put in the BIOS to boot from USB-HDD and install Windows 7 from a USB drive .