Toshiba introduced the hybrid Satellite Click Mini with Windows 8.1
The CES 2015 takes only second day, but this time it was announced more technologically advanced products than we can imagine. Along with TVs, smartphones and interesting gadgets, a large company introduced new laptops, tablets and hybrid models with Windows. This year’s distinguished hybrid Toshiba Satellite Click Mini.
The Japanese from Toshiba announced their «22.6 cm (8.9 inch) device», as defined by his company. The Satellite Click Mini can be converted from a fully functional laptop with a Windows 8.1 tablet, and this is done by clicking just one button.
The hybrid weighs 470 g, and its thickness is 9.8 mm in tablet mode-or 999 g and 19.9 mm in the laptop mode. IPS display has a resolution of 1920×1200 pixels, and the combination with side stereo speakers (Dolby Digital Plus) means that the device can be used for consumption of multimedia content.
The good news lies in the fact that the Satellite Click Mini offers up to 16 hours of battery life in video playback mode, when the keyboard is connected to the tablet part of the device. However, being only a tablet, the Satellite Click Mini can play videos for 8 hours on a single charge. With an intelligent charging system, the tablet will charge first, and after it will charge the keyboard. Hybrid created on the basis of Intel Atom processor, which provides quick start-up, surfing and multitasking.
The Satellite Click Mini includes a rich set of interfaces. The tablet is equipped with a Micro-HDMI port, which allows you to transfer the image on a large display. Also available is the Micro-USB port 2.0 and microSD/SDHC/SDXC. Keyboard offers full-sized USB 2.0 port plus a full-sized SD slot to expand the built-in eMMC storage. Available and function for wireless connection to an external display. Here we should mention the presence of two cameras. The main has a resolution of 5-megapixels and autofocus, while the front panel is available for HD web camera.
Toshiba Satellite Click Mini will be sold in Europe in the first quarter of this year at a price of 299 euros.
- Display: 8.9-inch touchscreen IPS-screen with a resolution of WUXGA (1920 x 1200)
- CPU: Intel Atom Z3735F
- Graphics chip: integrated graphics from Intel
- RAM: 2 GB DDR3L
- Built-in memory: 32 GB eMMC
- Tablet: 1 x Micro HDMI, 1 x Micro USB and 1 x microSD slot (support up to 128GB), 1 x combo Jack for microphone / earphone
- Keyboard: 1 x full-size USB 2.0, 1 x full-size SD slot (support up to 128 GB)
- Communication security: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
- Camera: main 5 MP camera with autofocus, 2 MP front camera
- Audio: side stereo speakers with Dolby Digital Plus
- OS and software: Windows 8.1 with Bing, a one year subscription to Microsoft Office 365 Personal
- Battery: up to 16 hours of video playback with a connected keyboard
- Colour: Satin GoldTM or Smart White Pearl
- Tablet: 235 x 161 x 9.8 mm
- Laptop: 235 x 170.6 x 19.9 mm
- Tablet: 470 g
- Laptop: 999 g