Microsoft Edge: what’s new in Windows 10 Build 14316
A new build of Windows 10 number 14316 is another, and quite a big step towards the next major update, known as the Anniversary Update. The release will take place in the summer, and until then those of you who chose to abstain from participation in the program Windows Insider suggest to get acquainted with the innovations in the Edge, which the browser has got in the last Assembly.
- Two new extensions: extension OneNote Web Clipper (previously seen in Windows Store) and Pin It Button, used to add sites and content to the social network Pinterest. Both are the result of migration from Chrome. Was also updated all the previous extensions, with the result that older versions no longer work: they need to remove and reinstall.
- Support drag and drop files and folders into the window Edge: this function can be used to upload files to Google Drive, OneDrive or other cloud storage.
- Improved import tool favourites: now in addition to Chrome and Internet Explorer supports import from Firefox. When importing from multiple browsers favorites will get into a separate folder («Imported from Internet Explorer», etc.) and not interspersed with existing bookmarks.
- Favorites tree: the process of organizing bookmarks easier. Now you can expand and collapse folders, and move bookmarks from one folder to another by drag and drop.
- Reminder downloads: now Edge is reminiscent of the presence of incomplete downloads when closing the browser window.
- The default folder for saving files: this feature is located in «Options» > «View additional options».
We also recall that Microsoft has launched a new portal where you can report bugs and incorrect display of certain sites in the Microsoft Edge.