Step-by-step to configure router D LINK DIR 300
For communication via the Wi-Fi channels most popular today is the router model DIR-300 from D-LINK.
Due to its advantages (reasonable price, ease of use and setup), this router is in great demand among customers such well-known providers, as the «House ru», «Stork».
If desired or necessary to combine multiple computers in a local network with access to Іnternet via Wi-Fi channel this device will be able to cost to solve this problem. This article provides step by step instructions for configuring the router D-LINK DIR-300-TTK.
Connecting the router
When purchasing devices, you must verify the presence of the router, cable to connect the computer and power supply:
- when connecting a router to get out of the box, set in place (for a wireless connection with a computer), the distance of which from each computer with a minimum number of obstacles (concrete walls);
- for a wired connection, router to the computer one end Ethеrnet cable with RJ45 connector connect to the network adapter of the computer and the other to the LAN connector on the router;
- the Internet cord, in turn, one end is connected to the WAN port, and the other to the modem;
- then the router and computer are included;
- the computer in Control Panel under Network Connections find the connection you want, click on it with the mouse and choose «Properties»;
- in visiteuses window find the item shown in the box below and click «Properties»;
- next, you need to mark a point of automatic obtaining of IP addresses, DNS server and click OK.
- the browser opens, the address bar is where you enter the following address to connect to the device;
- in the opened window input field, the user is admin, the password field is blank;
- next you need to click on the Log In button opens a window to configure and administer.
According to the recommendations of the manufacturer, any router should start with updating its firmware. They are downloaded from the official website of the manufacturer of the router.
To do this:
- •in the address bar of the browser to register the following address (for the router – first);
- after downloading the update file in the window settings of the router find the section Maintenance, where the left is pressed on the Firmware Update.
- in this window, use the Browse button to located the Update file and press the Upload button;
- at the end of the upgrade process, you need to reset all the settings of the router in the Maintenance section by clicking on Save and Restore and Restore Device.
Configuring interfaces WAN and LAN
To set up a wireless network, you must:
- in the Setup section click on the button to run the wireless connection setup;
- opens a window where under «Wi-Fi security» removed «tick» opposite to «Enabled» (this technology is not supported on all routers);
- then, under «wireless network Settings» put a check mark next Enable Wireless;
- enter the name of the network next Wireless Network Name;
- removed the «bird» that says Enable Auto Channel Selection;
- next Wireless Channel is affixed digit of the number for the channel;
- item Transmission Rate remains the same (see photo below);
- there should be a «tick» in paragraph WMM Enable;
- next Enable Hidden Wireless «bird» also do not put, because not every router is able to connect to a hidden network.
You can now configure the wireless connection.
To do this:
- the type of encryption selected Enable WРА/WРА2 Wireless Security;
- then in paragraphs Cipher Type is selected TCR, RC/EAP-RC Network Key – registers a password that includes eight numbers or letters.
- after making the settings, click on Save Settings.
To configure Rroe possible when assigning to a provider of both static and dynamic addresses. Rroe with the dynamic address:
- is the line Setup, press the left side Internet Setup and visiteuses window «to Do a manual setup Internet Connection»;
- visiteuses in the screen window under «Internet connection type» select the Russia Rroe (Dual Access);
- dynamic IP address Dynamic specifies Rroe;
- further registers the user (field User Name), password (Password) to log on to the network;
- in the field Retype Password again to spell the password. The title of the provider (line Service Name) and the MAC address of the device;
- next, specify the «receive» DNS from IPS in the «connection Mode» is Always-on to make a permanent connection (with unlimited Internet).
PPPoE with a static address:
- is the line Setup, the left side is pressed Internet Setup and visiteuses on the screen window shows «to Do a manual setup Internet connection»;
- in visiteuses window is «Internet connection type» and select Rroe Russia (Dual Access);
- specifies the Static Rroe;
- next, enter a custom name (string User Name), password (Password) to login in the network;
- in the field Retype Password again to spell the password.
- then write the name of the provider (Service point Name) and the MAC address of the device;
- button «Clone MAC address is clicked in the case of binding in the provider network via the MAC address;
- further stamped with a «receive» DNS from R in «connected Mode» shall bear the Always-on that the connection be permanent (with unlimited Internet).
Video: Setting Up D-Link
- in the tab LAN Settings tab in the DHCP Server Setting, if necessary, automatically distributing router IP addresses for all connected computers put a check next to Enable DHCP Server;
- when you manually configure DHCP «tick» is removed;
- the item «Range of provided IP addresses» can be left unchanged.
- the duration of a provided IP address (DHCP Lease Time) can not change;
- if you wish to see a list of devices connected to the router, you need to find the DHCP Client List.
- find the Setup tab, click the left side Internet Setup and visiteuses on the screen window «to Do a manual setup Internet Connection»;
- in visiteuses box under «Internet connection type» is selected (L2TP User Name/Password);
- with dynamic IP-address specifies the line Dynamic IP address;
- next, enter the user name (Account stitching L2TP) password (L2TP Password), to log on to the network;
- in the field L2ТР Retype Password again to spell the password.
- then specify the «get DNS» from ISP in «connected Mode» is Always-on to provide a permanent connection (with unlimited Intеrnеt);
- standard parameter MТU is 1460.
- Dre providing dynamic IP-addresses you specify either a Static IP address;
- next, fill the input fields of IP address, subnet mask, gateway address, DNS can all be found in the Annex to the agreement on the user’s connection to the Internet.
- also enter the user name (Account item L2TP) password (L2TP Password) for authorization in the provider network;
- in the input field Retype Password L2TP repeats the entered password;
- further, the «Mode of connection» is selected Always-on permanent connection (if the Internet is unlimited). Standard setting the MTU is 1460.
- when the provider gives static IP-addresses is section WАN Physical Setting and there select Static IP;
- next, a prescribed IP address (IP address), subnet mask (item Subnet Mask), gateway address of provider (item Gateway) and the preferred (Primary) and alternate (Secondary) DNS addresses of the ISP server;
- to save click the Save button Setting.
- when providing a provider of dynamic IP address under WAN Physical Setting specifies the Dynamic IP item;
- click Save Setting.
- to set up DHCP in the Setup section opens the tab LAN Setting;
- in the window that appears prescribes an IP address of the router (point IP Router Address), the subnet mask, the domain name field is left blank, put a «tick» next to the record Enable DNS Relay.
Change the administrator password
- prescribed in the browser address of the router in the input field Login is found the word «admin», the password field is blank;
- in the opened settings window, find the Maintenance and words – device Control (Device Administration);
- in the input field Password enter a new password, which must be repeated in the input field below. To save click on the Save button Setting.
Reset router settings D LINK DIR 300
- if it is impossible to go to the settings window or connect to a wireless network better to reset and reconfigure the router;
- on the rear panel of the router there is a small access to a recessed button that says Reset. To press it is necessary to take a thin sharp object (e.g. a toothpick);
- click on the button for 15 seconds, then reboot. By the way, a quick way to enter router settings it is possible to hold thanks to the configuration wizard.
If you want to use the IPTV service (for example, from Beeline) must be done on the router some attitudeKi:
- go to router settings, find the Advanced tab and on the left select Advanced Network;
- the window has the following options: — put a «tick» Enable Enhance Mode (IPTV will work via network cable);
- put a «tick» Wireless Enhance Mode (IPTV would work over a network connection).
Using this manual, you can configure the router for any connection type. In the absence of a desire to understand the parameters, you can use the setup wizard of the router.