Step-by-step setup router Zyxel Keenetic Lite
Zyxel Keenetic Lite – a compact, inexpensive but at the same time very functional device, which enables to distribute the Internet to multiple users working on different devices. The web interface is quite friendly, the process of entering the necessary parameters is not a big deal. Because setting up the router Zyxel Keenetic Lite any user.
Connecting to a computer
To connect your computer to the device under consideration in two ways:
- through Wi-Fi;
- with patchcord.
The first method is somewhat simpler:
- enable Wi-Fi adapter on your PC;
- find the list of networks name of the considered device;
- click on the desired item twice.
Also, if necessary, or simply due to the lack of the ability to use the network wire. It is necessary to insert one end into the PC’s network card and the other in LAN 1.
When the connection is made, you can safely go to work with Zyxel Keenetic Lite. This will require only a web browser.
Go to the control panel
To find the control panel, the considered device, do the following:
- open any available browser (GoogleChrome, Opera, InternetExplore);
- in the address bar 192.168.1.1 to write;
- opens the login window:
- o in the field «user» write admin;
- o in the field «password»write 1234.
After performing the above steps, you will perform various manipulations with Zyxel Keenetic Lite. This combination of username and password allows you to enter any data.
Configuring the Internet connection
Before the subject device can be used for its intended purpose, it is necessary to pre-prepare. And this applies not only Internet connections, but also to operate the TV.
Connection via TV cable
The router this can work with the TV. For this it is necessary to properly enter the settings of IPTV.
To perform this action you need to:
- to open the web interface;
- on the right side of the screen, click «Internet» — > «Connection»;
- write «the name of the Internet-center»;
- fill in the following sections the data shown in the contract concluded with the operator the contract:
- «IP settings»;
- «IP address»;
- «subnet mask»;
- «default gateway»;
- use «mac-address»
- click on «apply».
Connection by dedicated line
To get started Zyxel Keenetic Lite with Internet is required:
- turn on the power;
- to connect to the phone the cable provider;
- log in to the web interface.
Further actions depend on the provider, providing access to the world wide web. Necessary to carry out the input parameters that are regulated by them.
Video: setting Internet center ZyXEL Keenetic lite
Configuring the router Zyxel Keenetic Lite for Rostelecom
Today provider «Rostelecom» is one of the most popular and successful in the territory of the Russian Federation.
To consider the machine to provide access to the global network using this operator, you must perform the PPPoE connection:
- launch any Internet browser and enter the web of interest;
- write the address 192.168.1.1;
- enter «Login»and «Password»;
- in the new window write down the following values:
- «the Protocol of Internet access» — Rroe;
- «user name» — login;
- «password» — password;
- «authentication method» — auto-detection;
- «data security (more)» — is not used;
- the box next to «obtain an IP address automatically»;
- «MTU» to 1400.
When all the data set out above is entered, you can safely click on «Connect».
Today service provider, such as Beeline, is one of the leaders in the field of communication. It provides access to the global network. Considering the machine can work successfully with this operator.
For this you need to follow certain steps:
- go to the web interface;
- open the section called «Internet»;
- activate the tab «connection» and enter the following values in the relevant paragraphs:
- «the name of the Internet-the centre» — the designation of the access point;
- IP options — auto;
- «get DNSавтоматически server addresses» — put the point;
- «to answer rpds Internet» — set point;
- «allow UPnP» — put a check;
- click on «apply».
Wi-Fi on the router
To start provide access to the Internet wirelessly, you need to perform certain manipulations:
- open the web interface;
- select «Wi-Fi»;
- open the section «Connection» referred to the name of the created network environment;
- go to the item called «Security» — select WPA2-PSK, and here you can set the login password (preferably to include at least 6 characters of the different register);
- click on «apply».
This training is to work with the Internet through a router over. To get online, you need to enable Wi-Fi on the gadget and enter the appropriate password.
Another desired function of the apparatus of this type is LocalNetwork. Utilizing it, you can Obinitsa various data between the individual PCs as well as gadgets.
For network space, go to the control panel of the router and perform actions in a strict order:
- open the section «Home network» — > «networking»;
- in the opened section, enter the required parameters:
- «IP address of the Internet-the centre» — a 192.168.1.1;
- «subnet mask» — 255.255.255.0;
- «DHCP» — should be left in the drop-down list the value «server»;
- address pool — must be set to your liking (best to make it minimal, not automatic).
After performing all the above actions you can proceed to work within the LAN. It is advisable to choose in the field «DHCP» is set to «server». Because otherwise, you will have to manually register the name of each individual newly connected PC.
Optionally, you can bind the MACaddress of the network card:
- open the item «leases»;
- entered in the «MAC address» and «Give IP address» the physical address of the specific device.
For simultaneous access to the resources provider through a VPN connection is required to exercise the right input routing settings.
You need to perform certain actions:
- click on «menu Management»;
- open the «Static Route»;
- aktivierung «IP Static Route».
Next, the user will see a table that will display the static routes in the amount of 25 pieces. In each case they are very different. To correctly enter all required data should be mandatory to consult with the provider. To create a rule, you will need to click on the empty line. A window will open detailed route construction.
Change internal IP address of the router
Sometimes, for whatever reason you want to change the IP of the router.
To do this simply:
- open the web interface;
- click on «home network» — > «networking»;
- in the field «IP address of the Internet-center» write the set of numbers;
- click «apply».
You can choose any combination from the range 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.254. If for some reason there is a problem, you can always reset to factory settings in any convenient way.
Setting up a home server
If using the router created HomeNetwork, you need to work on creating the server.
This allows you to get without any difficulty access the data stored on the PC in your home, but at the same time connected to Wi—Fi or otherwise to the router:
- open a web-browser;
- go to the tab «VPN server»;
- enter the following data:
- «enable» — put a check;
- «one connection per user» — put a check;
- the «allow unencrypted connection» — leave blank;
- «broadcast client addresses (NAT)» — leave blank;
- «network access» — select from the drop-down list that corresponds to the name of the network;
- «initial pool address and the pool size of addresses» — select values that do not match and not even intersect with the interfaces connected to the router PC;
- create appropriate account that has permissions to access the device.
When all the abovementioned steps are finished, you can easily and without difficulty to operate with files on personal computers left behind.
Periodically required to update the firmware.
To do this, you must do the following:
- to open the web Configurator;
- click on «system»;
- go to «configuration»;
- click on the file called «firmware»;
- a new window will open – click on «choose file»;
- specify the path to the pre-downloaded firmware.
Next a window opens in which to display progress updates. When the process is completed, restart will be performed automatically. It is important not to mix up the and download a suitable in the specific case of the firmware.
Configuring the USB ports
If necessary, consider the gadget can work with USB devices.
To make this possible, you must do the following:
- connect a flash drive or something else into the slot;
- the Internet center will automatically install.
After performing the above actions it is advisable to make sure that everything is done correctly. Connect to the web Configurator and open the «system monitor» — > «system». Must be present section «USB device», which displays operating equipment.
Change the Administrator password
To avoid interference in the work, it is advisable to change the password to access the web Configurator.
It can be done like this:
- open the section «system»;
- click on the tab «password»;
- fill in the appropriate fields («new password» and «confirm password»).
Then click on «apply». The operation is finished.
To reset all parameters to the standard, you need to arm a long thin object – an awl or rod from the handle. At the end of the device is the hole in which the recessed reset button. Click on it for 10 seconds. After that, all settings will be reset to the standard.
The model is a very simple and reliable router. With proper treatment it will serve its owner for many years.