Step-by-step setup iptv on routers
IPTV is a special technology that, when data transfer in networks that uses a special IP Protocol.
Thanks to this process the TV channels using multicast, but you need to buy a router with special support for IPTV, and then only need to update the firmware version of the router,and the program will automatically generate a settings. Not all such devices have this function, so, the following settings of this program on some of the commonly purchased routers.
Setting the IP TV routers
For frequently purchased model router brand D-LINK DIR 615 you need to spend only 2 steps:
- go to the settings of the program and fall into the category of Advanced.
- then go to Advanced Network and select tick the Enable multicast streams.
For less frequently purchased models, for example, for model DIR-320 NRU or DIR-300 NRU, you need to:
- to open program settings and click next: Network Connections – the WAN;
- next, you need to Enable IGMP;
- then go back to the Network Connection, but we go already — l2tp_eth2.2_0;
- put a check next to «Keep-Alive», set the interval 30 LCP, and LCP failures – 5;
- to complete the configuration, you need to specify a static route in the Advanced tab.
Routers model Asus
The router company ASUS is notable for the fact that the setting up of IPTV may be 2-sound ways.
In models of ASUS routers, most of the connection do this:
- go to the menu and go to LAN tab —> Routing.
- opens a window in which you want to select the item enable multicast routing. Don’t forget to save the setting by clicking «Apply».
This method is easy enough, since there is no need to spend extra time adjusting additional installed programs, however, the entire performance of the entire network takes on the router. In addition, a connection is made only when the presence of «Ethernet cable», and when using this program on other devices through your local network the Internet connection speed is markedly reduced and becomes smaller.
The router model is Zyxel
These devices must be pereproshit the latest available version from the official website of the manufacturer of the router.
Configuring iptv through a router ZYXEL KEENETIC START is as follows:
- to go to WAN menu and find the «Choose Bridge Port(s)»;
- in it you specify the LAN port to which to connect TV set — top box.
For some models at the end of the setup you need to choose the option «Choose IPTV STB PORT» and set there the number of connected LAN ports.
This range also needs the firmware program to the latest available version. However, after flashing, in automatic mode, the Multicast starts, and configures itself program. Possible causes may serve the old playlist is not updated media player, the lock-side antivirus, and incorrect cable connections. If the error is not this, but the connection is not made, then the lock comes from the Internet provider.
Configuring connection of IPTV through a router
The world-famous company «Rostelecom» one of the few firms that provides the capability of viewing digital TV in good quality on the computer. The quality of picture and sound remains at the highest level.
Video: configuring the router Rostelecom
Setting IPTVчерез router Rostelecom – the process is not complicated and it is not long, just enough:
- competently write a letter to the service center;
- to wait for the technical staff of the company, who will make the necessary settings on the station equipment;
- after this you need to download to your computer a special program for watching television – IPTV Player.
- download the installation file of the player;
- start the appeared file and produce step-by-step installation of the program;
- run the installation wizard and all of the empty cells put a check mark, then click «Next» and further «Set»;
- at the end of installation click on «Finish», the expected completion and shutdown of the installation wizard, select the region where we are currently, and you can click on the channels;
- the installation completed successfully.
For connection it is best to choose the router with the latest firmware version to facilitate your task and to during the installation there were no problems and errors. Before beginning installation, check the correct connection of the router to the network – it needs to be inserted into the special port, and prefix in any of the free ports. To start the installation for Beeline, you must go to the web interface.
To do this, open any installed web browser and in the address bar enter code: 192.168.0.1. This code opens the access to the window interface of the router. Appears the window in which you need to enter login information, i.e. username and password. If you are installing for the first time, the login data are entered in both fields appeared – admin. So you get to the settings page.
Configuring the router for Beeline is unusual in that it is mandatory to make the allocation LAN ports for connecting IPTV set-top box in a special «Transparent mode». It is best to connect to the 4 LAN port and install, but if you cannot connect to this port, during installation, do not forget to put the number of the port to which it was connected.
If there is a need to combine ports for IP TV set top box, do the following:
- deinstallieren the WAN connection;
- open the menu «Network», go to the «Connection» and choose connection «WAN»;
- the configuration window of the selected connections, where at the bottom of this window you must click «Delete»;
- the result shows that the connection dropped and is no longer in the list of available connections. Need to keep this time;
- after that, the produced connection LAN port with the WAN port. To do this, select an available LAN port, go to «extras» menu, to open the «VLAN» and select «VLAN LAN»;
- make a choice of the LAN ports, preferably 4-th port, but can be any other and produce the deinstallation of the port;
- it turns out that the only remaining declared ports under the numbers corresponding to the connectors on the rear panel of the device. Need to save those changes and completely restart the device;
- then add VLAN WAN our dedicated LAN port 4;
- click «save changes». Save all necessary settings and again restart your device. After that you can add port number 5;
- as the port 4 and port 5 belongs VLANWAN, then create a WAN connection and press «Add».
Such installation of equipment is possible only in case of assigning the IP address to a client for DHCPинтернет provider. The cable from the ISP plugs into the back of the router. After such not artful manipulation 4 port LAN parallel with the WAN port and is fully available for IPTV set-top boxes.
For the operator Triolan (triolan)
Connection for operator Triolan is one of the most affordable and light. Made only in stages.
To install you need to:
- Disable the program SPIfirewall.
- To create a special document /tmp/igmpproxy.conf, which displays this code:
quickleave phyint vlan1 upstream ratelimit 0 threshold 1 phyint br0 downstream ratelimit 0 threshold 1 phyint eth0 disabled phyint eth1 disabled phyint vlan0 disabled phyint lo disabled In this case, it is necessary to remember that means vlan1 WAN and br0 is bridge WAN to LAN.
3. run igmpproxy, where we see # killall -9 igmprt # igmprt -c /tmp/igmpproxy.conf
4. in the end it only remains to launch the program VLC IP-TV Player, which will run setup. The connection is made, and you can enjoy watching television.
Settings for TVs smart TV
Before you start the configuration, you need to find out whether the router supports the feature or not. The router must support this feature, because the connection is made through patchcord UTP-5e.
Setting up Internet on your TV with the Smart TV function is done as follows:
- press the «Menu» on the TV remote and go to the «Network»;
- select the section «configuring the network» in the case of a correct connection and the installation starts automatically;
- go to the search WiFI-router, after finding which will display a window where you can select your router and press «Next»;
- enter the security key that was entered when setting up WiFi router;
- starts wireless connection. After that work with the SMART HUB.