Step-by-step action — how to configure a router asus wl 520g
Today our life is increasingly embedded in information technology. It’s no wonder the twenty-first century called the century of computer technologies.
For faster and more convenient use of documents, various files, multimedia and other resources — was created so called world wide web known as the Internet.
To connect to the network in different ways.
There are two main ways of connecting to the Internet:
- the local area connection (includes the connection to the Internet by wired connection using a cable);
- the wireless network connection.
Wireless connection is available for devices that support Wi-Fi function.
Wireless connection is a convenient way to access the Internet, which does not yield the level of quality standard network connection.
As a rule, all modern laptops, smartphones, navigators and other gadgets equipped with feature support for Wi-Fi. To establish a connection of this type is permissible at home, at work, in any met with mass staying of people.
Usually, the wireless network creates a distributor of Internet. The distributor serves as the router (the router).
A variety of such techniques, to date, will make you wonder if the choice of equipment, even specialist in this area. Therefore, to describe the characteristics of the device Internet sharing whether for example. To your average, popular Wi-Fi router ASUS WL-520GC.
The inclusion of the router
The inclusion of the router is simple, accessible to every method. Included with the router must be a cable (at least one), the block device to power the router (standard sockets). Before turning on the router, you should determine the place of its installation.
It is best to place Wi-Fi-distributor is not in remote place, to control the operation of the device. Also, you should place the router in the room where the bulk of devices to be connected to the router for the highest quality connection.
The process of inclusion – elementary:
- you need to connect the router to the power supply to the socket;
- connect a cable;
- on the rear panel to turn the power on by pressing the power button (often red).
The firmware of the router
For firmware or update, you must download the right software on the official website of the company ASUS:
- download the firmware;
- go to the web interface of the router (type in the browser address bar the ip address of the router, usually 192.168.1.1);
- username and password enter «admin» and «admin» respectively;
- if the username and password is incorrect – you should reset the router (pressing the reset button on the rear panel of the device);
- after you run the reset – try again to log on to the web interface;
- according to the plan, you will see the menu exactly which will happen the firmware of the router.
If the setting is not made automatically :
- go to»System Setup»;
- further, the «Firmware Upgrade»;
- in the menu you will see something similar to the item «browse»;
- there you choose the path where the firmware and press «install» or «upload»;
- further, the firmware is automatically installed;
- after installation, restart your router and go to any website in a browser window to check the device.
Updating the firmware, you remove the old settings and your router, and instead installs the updated software for your device. Update to be made to improve the performance of the device in the case that earlier work router has been satisfactory.
The failure to update.
But not always install updates and modifications to a particular device changes its qualitative performance the better. No specific skills work – install the firmware for the router can be fraught with consequences. But desperate way is not the case. So, what to do if you have incorrectly flashed the router.
A clear sign that the router is «sick» is the blinking of the diode at intervals of about one second.
This means that the router will be in recovery mode.
Before performing complex operations on repair, or to give it specialist try to fix everything yourself. First, use «Asus Firmware Restoration tool». This utility usually comes with the router.
If for any reason the program did not help (hang, gave error or stopped working), it is necessary to revive the router in any other way:
- to do this, download and install the latest firmware version for your model (WL-520C).
- in advance you need to register a static IP (192.168.1.2), the subgrid mask (255.255.255.0) and Gateway, DNS (192.168.1.1).
- after downloading the firmware, you must download the client, which will help to install the firmware on the faulty distributor. the client is called «WinAgentsTFTPServerforWindows», download it on the link http://www.tftp-server.com/tftp-download.html.
- in the connectors (ports) should be no cables, except one in the Lan port.
- if all of the above requirements is to turn off the power by removing the power supply from the outlet.
- then push the block into the socket, while holding the router reset button (restart) within 5-20 seconds.
- as soon as the diode starts to blink at a regular interval, proceed to unpack the firmware in the ftp client in any folder, after the console (win+r) window type «сmd».
- then type in the console CD:my_folder.
- now enter: «tftp.exe -i-v 192.168.1.1 PUT WL520gc_188.8.131.52_EN.trx».
After the command completes, the router requires 5-15 minutes to install the software in the memory. After this time restart the device and use with care!
Login to the router.
Basic steps to set up the router consists of three items:
- the «network Map»
- click «Additional settings»
- the item «bandwidth Management EZQoS»
The option «network Map» displays all connected devices to the router. This feature shows you exactly the type of device connected to a specific port of the router.
The function «Managing EZQoS bandwidth» is intended for selecting high-priority traffic among the game stream, Internet apps, built-in FTP server and streams. Menu from the router model WL-520GU, which actually does not differ except design.
Click «Additional settings» This menu item allows you to change various device settings in six sub-menus. As practice shows, if you are not an expert – you should leave these default settings, after changing the data connection settings, or bandwidth of the router – same settings have to be installed on connected devices.
The nuances of the settings in Windows 7
How to configure ASUS router WL 520GC for Windows 7:
- initially, configure the router for the operating system «Windows 7», it is advisable to start from the start menu;
- in control panel, click View network connections.
- connection on a local network;
- in recent menu changes will be valid in menu «Properties» that the bottom right part of the table settings in the submenu «Internet Protocol IPv4».
Please note that you need to choose exactly Protocol version 4 but not version 6.
Looks like the setup menu of the IP address and DNS server If your device (PC) located in a home network with a limited number of access – you can make income by selecting the IP address of the DNS server.
The settings menu of the router WL-520.
To configure the router to visit the web interface:
- go to this menu by typing in the address bar of your browser the ip address of router: 192.168.1.1
- in the window on the requested username and password enter «admin» and «admin»
- if the router has not been setup – you will see the initial window the settings of the router
- settings router ASUS WL-520GC on the example menu ASUS WL-520GU.
As a rule, interface language menu English by default. To change first you should choose the appropriate language sub-menu, which is located at the top of the table.
Configure Internet gateway
By purchasing this router – you will not have problems setting up the Internet gateway, because it is the router, to find the most optimal solution for configuring certain parameters in an automatic or automated mode.
If during installation the connection with the router ASUS WL-520 you have difficulties, we suggest you contact the provider to clarify the method of solving the problem. As a rule, you must enter the gateway in the properties window manually.
Using the services of companies Onlime, you will not have to make changes to the basic settings of the router. Visit the official website page of companies you will see that there is no need to configure the router. In case of any problems, you can seek the assistance of employees of the company on the website.
The process of setting up AE Wireless Router connections as follows:
- go to menu «configure network connectivity» (press the keyboard Win+R, then appear window, it are gaining ncpa.cpl, click OK, then enter the properties of the Ethernet);
- in the properties of Internet Protocol версииIPv4 choose automatically obtain IP address and DNS;
- in the properties of Internet Protocol version IPv6, choose automatically obtain IP address and DNS;
- close the dialog box before clicking OK. Thus the setup is complete.
If all the above parameters are set, but Internet is still there: look for a problem in anything else (a wrong firmware of the router, problems with the provider, and so on).
Company Rostelecom ensured that customers avoid any difficulties with the connection settings of the router. For ASUS WL 520GU with the standard firmware does not require additional settings besides the automatically set parameters (for a detailed description of settings, see the previous paragraph).
Video: set up a wireless router ASUS WL-520 GC
Configuring the router ASUS WL 520GC PPTP Beeline
Installing and setting up ASUS router WL 520GC for the Internet provider Beeline be quite simple.
In the settings of the router You can specify the following:
- wireless network name: default;
- adres wi-fi router: 192.168.1.1;
- username and password: admin.
Employees of the company «Beeline» strongly recommend to use the version of the firmware of this router model: 184.108.40.206 More detailed and updated information about configuring your router you will find on the official website of Beeline «http://moskva.beeline.ru/customers/products/».
To set up wi-fi at home or office, you should:
- visit the web interface of the router settings;
- in order to restrict access to Wi-Fi using this router, you should protect access to the router with a password, or set a specific range of IP or MAC addresses that can connect to this router. In other words, the most simple yet reliable way to protect the router from unauthorized connections – set password;
- to put the password, choose the corresponding options in the settings menu of the router;
- in the menu «additional settings» you will see the relevant paragraph, which should set the encryption;
- after all necessary parameters are already installed – connect to the network using your smartphone, laptop, tablet or any other device.