How do I remove a site from the start page hi.ru browsers
https://hi.ru project presents itself as a very useful web portal for users (something on mail.ru manners): search engine, e-mail, news, dating, etc. In general, like, bored visitors do not have to. That’s right … but that’s not «miss» them for a different reason.
Whether hi.ru developers, or their partners literally impose «services» your site through viral application — «browser hijackers.» It is integrated in other software installers. Suffice PC owner does not remove the check mark in front of a cunning extension, and, voila, hi.ru becomes home page in all browsers.
Of course, and it is not recommended to not tolerate it lasciviousness need.
Firstly , lost tourists to surf the Web. Instead, a trusted search engine (Google, Yandex, Bing and others.) «Flaunts» some unknown service.
Second , advertising and links on the site are potentially dangerous for the PCs (viruses, phishing, etc.).
Third , the modified setting browser home page so simply not able to remove. Established funds will not give the desired effect: after the next reboot the OS again as if nothing had happened Page appears intrusive site.
Consider the step by step instructions on how to remove hi.ru.
Method №1: Cleaning hand
1. Click on the icon browser located on your desktop, right-click.
2. Select the menu item «Properties» (the most recent).
3. On the «Shortcut» tab in the «Object», remove the link after a prescribed path to the executable file. For example (for the Opera): line must end … Opera.exe «.
Method №2: cleaning utility FixerBro
If you are using 3-5 browsers (ie, you need to clear a few shortcuts), or you are not sure that will be able to correctly remove links manually properties, use a specialized utility FixerBro. It checks and restores the labels of almost all browsers (including less common, such as Nichrome, Amigo, SeaMonkey).
1. Open the page in the browser safezone.cc/resources/fixerbro.106/
2. Click the «Download from external site» (located on the right side of the icon).
3. Wait for the download.
4. Unzip the downloaded file (by example, WinRAR):
- right click on the file FixerBro.zip;
- select an option from the context menu «Extract to current folder.»
5. Run the unpacked executable as an administrator (for Windows 7/8/10).
6. Press the button «Check» in FixerBro panel. The utility will automatically scan all the labels.
7. Check the start-up objects to be cleaned (put down by clicking «tick»).
Warning: In the column «Startup Parameters» FixerBro displays third-party records, the brought the virus in the properties of the shortcut.
8. Click the «Fix».
Cleaning the registry
1. Perform restart Windows in Safe Mode (hold «F8» in the process of booting the OS until the menu appears).
«Start» 2. Open the system menu.
3. In the search box, type regedit and press «ENTER».
4. In the Registry Editor, activate the search module: Edit → Find.
Tip! This function can be started by pressing the keys «CTRL + F».
5. In the line «Find» enter hi.ru and click «Find Next.»
6. Remove the found record with the name intrusive site:
- hover over the name of the key;
- click the right mouse button;
- Click the «Delete» from the menu.
7. To continue the search for malicious entries, press «F3».
8. Repeat steps №6 and №7 this manual as long as not all registry keys are cleared.
9. Upon completion of the procedure, close the editor and restart your computer in normal mode.
Restoring the settings in browsers
1. Check the home page in the Internet browser. Remove the malicious link (if present) and list the address of a trusted search engine, for example, google.com.
- Block «When you start to open» → Defined Pages → add.
- Appearance → Show button … → Tab page → Change.
- Search: setting «Select search engine …» and «Customize the search engines.»
Tools → Settings → General.
Settings menu → Internet Options → General.
Settings → When you run certain page → Open → Set page.
2. Remove all of the browsers suspicious extensions and plug-ins.
Download and install curing utility Dr.Web CureIt! or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free (available on the office site). Scan using her C drive (the partition on which you installed Windows) for the presence of malware.