On the approach of the new build of Windows 10 Technical Preview (updated to build 9879 now available)
Microsoft confirmed the imminent start of the distribution of a new build of Windows 10 Technical Preview among users who join the Windows Insider program. The confirmation comes from Gabriel Aul, responsible for the development of Windows 10.
The latest build of Tech Preview build 9860, was released on 21 October, and the new update (build 9879), as reported by several unofficial, but reliable RH, may be available within a few hours (maybe even today).
We will inform you as soon as new build will be available, and do not forget to tell about all innovations in it. Stay tuned!
UPDATE: the Company confirmed the availability of the new version. To get it, simply run a manual check for updates. Recall that to do this, go to «start menu -> PC Settings -> Update and Recovery -> Preview build».
The main changes are:
- Update the taskbar. In build 9879, you can hide the search button and Task View in the task pane. You just need to click with right mouse button and uncheck the box with the buttons you want to remove.
- Update animation when minimizing and restore apps.
- Numerous fixes that make the operating system more stable.
- Gestures for window management, shown by Joe Belfiore at the end of October.
- Changes in OneDrive. All the files in the OneDrive folder by default are now stored offline. Of course, it is possible to choose to have the files stored only on the Internet.
- Improvements in Internet Explorer. The team activated the new rendering engine Edge (at this stage only 10% of Windows Insiders). In addition, if you see a problem with the display of any site through IE, you can now click on the smiley icon in the upper right corner of the browser, followed by selecting the «Send a Frown» button to report it to Microsoft.
- Native support for MKV. Now these files can be played directly in Windows Media Player, and both the desktop and the modern app version.
- Further user interface improvements. Pin your favorite folders to Home is now possible from the file Manager. Dialogs in modern apps are now displayed correctly. There are several new icons.
- Improved tools for interaction with the user community to test Technical Preview. The new Assembly includes new Insider Hub app.
In addition, it is very important that now Microsoft will release the ISO for each new build, including build 9879. However, the catch is that access to each new build will be available immediately, but later.
Finally, the company said, this build will be the last this year, so the following will only be available in 2015.
For more information on the new build 9879, you can go to this link.