Windows 10 Mobile Insider program, 10536: changes and known issues
After various vicissitudes, Microsoft finally released a new preview build of Windows 10 Mobile (10536) inside the Fast Ring. The update consists of three stages. During the first two OS version is updated to 10.0.10514.0 and v10.0.10536.1000, respectively. After that, you will be notified about the third update, which will upgrade to v10.0.10536.1004.
The following is the information about the most important changes introduced in this release, as well as some known issues.
- Rebuilt the Insider app Hub
- Restored mode mobile hotspot
- Fixed function «do Not disturb»
- Added support for speech recognition in Japanese and Indian English
- Solved the problem two-factor authentication
- Fixed issue with endless loading home screen
- Solved the problem of the delay of the appearance date and time on the lock screen
- Zooming in the Maps application now works correctly
Some time ago, in Windows 10 Mobile settled One-hand, which makes it easy to access UI elements on devices with large screen when using one hand.
This is achieved by automatically moving the interface in the lower half of the screen, which makes all the buttons within reach of thumb. To enable this mode, press and hold the Windows logo button (to turn off again click on this button or on the top half of the screen).
Previously, One-hand was only available on devices with displays 5 inches or more, but with the release of Windows 10 Mobile build 10536, the company has removed this injustice – now this mode works on all devices.
Like any other preview, this, too, is not without problems and errors. Here are some of them:
- After restarting the phone doesn’t get notifications (like new messages), until you unlock the device. After that the notifications will work correctly.
- In some cases, off load camera photos to OneDrive. To solve this problem, you should upgrade to OneDrive to latest version, and then manually activate the download of the images.
- It is not currently possible to move from a slow round of updates to quick inside Windows 10 Mobile. The only thing you can do is go back to Windows Phone 8.1 using the Windows Phone Recovery Tool and from there enable Fast.
- Special features Lumia 1020 can be used with the camera app on Windows 10 Mobile. If you don’t want to lose these functions, stay on Windows Phone 8.1.
And something else important: this new build is available for all devices registered in the program Windows Insider, but can only be installed on officially supported models. If you try to install Windows 10 Mobile build 10536 on one of the smartphones that is not listed below, it will stop working and you will have to restore it using Windows Phone Recovery Tool.
The device, which Microsoft supports in the program Windows Insider: HTC One (M8) for Windows, Lumia 430, Lumia 435, Lumia 520, Lumia 521, Lumia 525, Lumia 526, Lumia 530, Lumia 532, Lumia 535, Lumia 540, Lumia 620, Lumia 625, Lumia 630, Lumia 635, Lumia 636, Lumia 638, Lumia 640, Lumia 640 XL, Lumia 720, Lumia 730, Lumia 735, Lumia 810, Lumia 820, Lumia 822, Lumia 830, Lumia 920, Lumia 925, Lumia 928, Lumia 930, Lumia 1020, Lumia 1320, Lumia 1520 and Lumia Icon.