Microsoft updates Outlook.com: Clutter, new themes and more
Today Outlook.com became the object of important changes. Microsoft decided to launch it for a number of innovations that improve service not only from the point of view of functionality, but also from the aesthetic point of view. While all these changes are available to a small group of users, but in the coming weeks they are launched for everyone.
- Clutter: improve mailbox management. Works for user, automatically separating the incoming low priority in a separate folder so that you can see only the important emails. The more you use Outlook.com, the better Clutter. If necessary, you can disable the feature.
- Search suggestions and refinements: quickly find what you need. When using the find feature, Outlook will send the offers, allowing to specify sender, folder, date and attachments.
- New theme: added 13 new themes to help users to Express their individuality in their Inbox.
- Preview links: insert a link in the message below Outlook.com automatically generated a thumbnail that will allow the recipient to see the contents. The function works fine with all web pages, and video from Vimeo and YouTube.
- Image: the user can copy and paste images directly into the message body, right where he wants.
- Create new emails: if you need to use more than one email, you can create a message in a new window.
- Consolidation and notes: keep your important emails at the top of the Inbox with the function of fastening or mark them as «flags».
- Add-ons: Bing Maps, and other add-ons that are already integrated in Outlook.com will be supplemented with third-party add-ons from Uber, Boomerang and PayPal.
The company also strengthened the integration Outlook.com with its other services. Skype will be available directly from mail, providing the functions of chat, voice and video calls, and email attachments can be opened side-by-side and edit in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. In addition, the company has simplified the tools for sharing files with OneDrive.
All these new features will be available to each user Outlook.com in the near future.