Microsoft releases Windows 10 Insider Build 14251 + new cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1511
Preview release of Windows 10 Redstone for PCs and tablets has just made another step forward thanks to the emergence of a new build under the number 14251 in a quick channel update. This version provides new features for Cortana, which the company announced earlier this week. 14251 build also includes an updated Xbox app Beta. And the rest – nothing new.
As for the work on the bugs, Windows 10 Insider program, 14251 fixed the following problems:
- Fixed an issue that caused video games to crash when switching from windowed mode to fullscreen mode when changing screen resolution or during the start of the game;
- Fixed problem with some apps for people with disabilities;
- Fixed the cause of frequent crashes Explorer when the zoom is set at 175%.
And here known issues:
- A dialog box appears with the error WSClient.dll after logging into the system and was not corrected. As a temporary solution the company offers to run the command Schtasks / delete / TN » Microsoft Windows WSRefreshBannedAppsListTask WS «/ F at the command prompt as administrator;
- In notification Center does not display the button «Connect». Those who need this feature, the company reminds you that you can just press Windows + P and then choose «Connect to wireless display»;
- In connection with recent changes to the memory management mechanism can be observed the periodic application crashes or memory errors. The problem is solved by rebooting the computer.
Simultaneously with the release of a new version of Windows 10 Redstone, the company has shared the first details about the fate of the mobile operating system. According to the software giant, the first build of Windows 10 Mobile Redstone will be available soon, however at first only for new models of the Lumia 950, 950XL and 550.
As for smartphones previous generation, talking about the official upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile, Microsoft did not go into details, but promised to begin distribution early in the year as planned.
And one more thing: the official version of «tens» has received the next, the seventeenth in the series of cumulative update. This time it is update ID KB3124262, which in addition to bug fixes and improves existing functionality of Windows 10.
After installing the update and rebooting the system the build number of the operating system will be upgraded to 10586.71 (you can verify this by typing in the search box, WinVer).