Microsoft has released the Windows 10 Mobile build 10572
Night Microsoft started to distribute the new build of Windows 10 Mobile (10572) for participants of the program Windows Insider, who prefer a quick round of updates. As in the case with the previous release before installing this update, you must downgrade the software to Windows Phone 8.1. Error, not allowing you to upgrade directly to Windows 10 Mobile, will be fixed later in the build 10575.
10572 version introduces the following new features and changes:
- The opportunity to receive missed call notification on the desktop of the computer and creating (voice dictation and keyboard) and sending SMS via Cortana in the desktop version of Windows 10. To use these features on your computer must be running Windows 10 build 10565 while on the phone you need to enable the corresponding option. In addition, the smartphone and computer must use the same Microsoft account.
- Added support for animated GIF files in the new Messages app (with Skype integration), and search messages. The Phone app now allows you to search for contacts in the call log.
- Voice helper Cortana can now remind you about some of the events, thus helping you organize your free time. For example, it provides useful information about where to book movie tickets and even allows you to order a taxi for Uber in those countries where this is possible (a similar feature was introduced in the latest build of Insider Preview on the desktop).
- Added ability to save offline maps to a microSD.
- The Photos app allows you to tag your favorite photos and view them in random order on the dynamic tile. There was also increased productivity, improved zoom, added additional context menu.
- The system management interface memory of the smartphone has undergone some changes that make it equal with its desktop counterpart. Added the ability to install apps on microSD.
- Notifications about new messages can now be received without preliminary unlocking the device.
- Background task for Cortana has been optimized to reduce energy consumption.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements, home screen.
- Improved the performance of the action Center.
- Now when you activate the alarm on the lock screen is displayed the corresponding icon.
- The proximity sensor during a phone conversation is now working properly.
- Resolved problems with downloading apps from the Store.
- Changing the language on the keyboard is now «less aggressive».
- Click restart to apply the update now causes an immediate restart of the device.
We have become accustomed to the fact that all pre-releases suffer from more or less serious errors, which the developers have yet to solve, and this version is no exception. Full list of known issues published in the official blog of Windows.