Microsoft Band and Microsoft Health 2 got new features
Sporting the Microsoft Band 2 has received another firmware update that brings new opportunities. In particular, the new version of the software adds a tournament mode for the game of Golf and a function that sends a notification when overcoming a certain distance (while walking, running or Cycling). The company also has introduced deeper integration with Cortana.
Update for Band 2 is accompanied by the release of a new version of Microsoft Health, which includes the following new features:
- Share your workouts. Create custom exercises to the web dashboard and share them with friends.
- Keep track of your weight. Function can help you to maintain your current weight or to reach your goal of to reduce/gain weight.
- Web gallery of tiles. Want more tiles? Sports scores, news headlines, and other miscellaneous content can be delivered directly on the bracelet’s screen.
- Energy-saving GPS. Turn on GPS Power Saver to extend the battery life of the bracelet up to 4 hours with continuous Jogging or Cycling.
- The reminder activity. Too long, inaction can become an unhealthy habit. Set reminders in Microsoft Band 2 on every 30, 60 or 90 minutes.
- Bug fixes.
Some users also note that this update brings live tile indicating the battery level of Band 2.
Developer: Microsoft Corporation