Microsoft announced a new Skype app for Windows 10
Microsoft introduced a new universal Skype app for Windows 10, which in the coming weeks will be available in the program Windows Insider. Initially the app will be released for the desktop version of the operating system, but later will be the release date for Windows 10 Mobile.
A new universal app Skype will be better to adapt to different display sizes and you will get a menu with more elaborate organization.
In the first release will support the following functions:
- Voice and video calls, sending messages;
- Login with your Microsoft account and Skype ID;
- View a list of Skype contacts;
- Viewing and changing your online status;
- The chat feature with someone from the contact list;
- The ability to see that the other person is typing;
- Smiles and moji;
- Share photos;
- Receive notifications about incoming calls and messages;
- Participation in existing group chats.
Future versions will add more features:
- Chat with people who have no Skype;
- Create groups and send group messages;
- Group video and voice calls;
- Share screen, send files and video messages;
- Manage notifications for individual chats;
- And much more.
In the future the new Skype client will replace the current application «Video Skype», «Phone» and «Messages», which, as admitted by the company itself, was not enough comfortable and functional.
Detailed information is published in official blog Skype.