Instructions for the computer to restart with the keyboard
In case of failure of equipment due to system failure to restart the computer sometimes it is very difficult (may not respond to the mouse or touch the touchpad on the laptop). There are several ways to restart the computer with the keyboard, which then will be discussed.
Ways to restart Windows
Restart a computer running the Windows operating system in several ways:
- method first;
- if the system fails, the mouse responds to the commands you need on the keyboard, press «Win» or in the left corner, select the icon «start»;
- the bottom is located a «tab Completion». You need to click on it in the drop-down context menu and click «Restart». This is considered to be one of the safest, as all systems will be able to prepare for the restart.
- method two. If a system failure paralyzed the computer almost entirely (plus refused equipment), then you need to call the task Manager using «Ctrl» + «Alt+Del».
At the top you should select «shutdown» and then select «Restart». This method is intended for users whose PC is running Windows XP.
- method third. Use a shortcut «Ctrl+Alt+Del» allows to call the dialog box. In it, in the bottom right, select «Settings complete» and then the desired action;
- method fourth. For users whose PC’s operating system is Windows 8 or 8.1, a reboot can be produced with the command «Win+C»;
- the fifth. Reboot or shutdown a computer in Windows is possible using the combination «Alt+F4»;
- click on an empty space on the desktop and press «Alt+F4», so that the window appears «Windows is shutting down».
The standard method of restarting
The standard method of restarting a computer is the use of the arrow keys.
In order to accomplish this, you must perform several sequential actions:
- the first thing you need is to press the «Win» (located between the Ctrl and Alt);
- next, you need to find on the keyboard arrow keys (they are located down on the right side, between the standard and the numeric keypad). You need to click on the up arrow key «->» and then press «Enter»;
- then use the buttons with the arrow «» (Right) to activate the forced shutdown.
If it was running application, then a dialog box appears where you are prompted to complete the started processes.
Video: Off with the keyboard
«Ctrl» + «Alt» + «Del»
Another method, which allows you to restart the computer with the keyboard involves the use of a combination of the command «Ctrl+Alt+Del».
Restart system is as follows:
- first, you need to dial in the desired combination «Ctrl+Alt+Del»;
- then the user should see a dialog procedure which will vary depending on the operating system. For example, Windows XP users will first need to start task Manager;
- then at the top tab click «shutdown» and in the drop down menu click «Restart».
Users of Windows Vista and 7 is necessary when a dialog box appears to select completion Options «…» (located at the bottom right of the dialog box) and in the list choose «Restart».
«Alt» + «F4»
A computer restart can be performed using the combination «Alt+F4».
To accomplish this method, you need to consistently do the following:
- first, you have to press the desired combination on the keyboard;
- then the screen will appear a small dialog box titled «shut down Windows». If it fails the mouse doesn’t respond to commands, with the arrow keys «Up» or «Down» select the desired mode.
Win+C (for Windows 8/8.1)
For those users who have installed Windows 8/8.1, to restart the computer using the keyboard combination «Win+C».
The procedure includes:
- dial the desired combination «Win+C»;
- on the right side of the screen will fall out the side panel;
- on the sidebar select «Settings»;
- then will appear the Parameters panel, on the bottom of which you must select the icon «Off». If the mouse doesn’t respond, then go to the icon «Shutdown» need to implement the arrow «Up» or «Down»;
- after clicking on the icon «Off» will drop the context menu where you should select «Restart». As mentioned in the previous paragraph, if the mouse stopped to respond, then the navigation is carried out by using the arrow keys and the key «Enter».
To reboot you can not only through shortcuts, but through the command line. This option is ideal for owners of the operating systems Windows XP/Vista/7/8 and 8.1.
To carry out a reboot via the command line, you must perform several sequential actions:
- first, you need to call the command prompt window. This can be done in several ways;
- with the combination «Win+R» to open Run window, in the blank field where you must enter the command «cmd»;
- the second method is perfect for users of operating systems Windows 8/8.1. The combination of keys «Win+X» allows to bring up a context menu where you should select «Command prompt (admin)»;
- third, you need to go to the menu «start» and select «Standard». In the list find «Command prompt».
- after the screen appeared the command prompt window, enter the following command: «shutdown -t 0 -r –f» («-r» — responsible for a reboot «-f» parameter is responsible for the forced stop of all running processes, the command «-t 0» is responsible for the immediate restart without closing processes);
- then press «Enter» to confirm the selection.
The second option is to restart via the command line as follows:
- first, you need to call the command prompt window. The methods of calling described above;
- then enter the following command «ping-n 0 127.0.0.1>nul&wmic OS WHERE Primary=»True» Call Win32Shutdown 6″ and press «Enter».
The third method is suitable only for the Windows XP operating system:
- first, you need to call the command line;
- then enter the command «rundll32 user.exe, ExitWindowsExec 2» and press «Enter».
See: How to quickly turn off PC
How to restart computer using the keyboard, if it’s frozen
A restart of the PC it is possible not only by mouse but also with keyboard.
In the process, the PC may hang, for example, due to lack of memory, in which data intensive applications simply picked up the RAM. Another reason for the unresponsiveness may be a system failure that occurs due to drivers conflict, registry errors or incorrect functioning of the application.
In that case, if the computer is stuck only partially (i.e., some equipment, such as a mouse, responds to commands), to perform a restart can be standard methods:
Through the menu «start»:
- in the bottom left of the screen click on the icon «start menu» or to call it by pressing «Win»;
- then at the bottom select «shutdown» in the drop down list click on the item reboot.
- you need to dial the desired combination on the keyboard;
- then a dialog box appears in which down on the right side you need to choose the Options «shutdown» and in the drop down menu click «Restart».
- first, you need to dial the combination «Alt+F4»;
- next appears the window «Windows is shutting down»;
- you must then activate «Reset».
In that case, if the work computer is paralyzed completely, and the mouse does not listen, it is necessary to use more radical methods to restart a hung computer.
- you need to dial the command on the keyboard;
- then after the dialog box appears at the bottom right side to select the square button red «shutdown Options»;
- then select «Restart» and press «Enter»;
- after that PC will reboot and return to normal functioning.
The second way – pressing «Reset» on the front of the system unit. This method is the most radical of all, since it entails a complete loss of unsaved data. It will be relevant only in the case if the computer froze completely, and the equipment (keyboard and mouse) do not respond to commands.
In this article, we explored ways to restart the computer with the keyboard for each version of the Windows operating system. These methods are useful in cases when the computer freezes, hardware and equipment was denied.