Manual data recovery from SSD disk
Despite the significant difference between drives of this type from a conventional hard drives and storage media is another type of application to intensive care data can be used the same. If corrupted by a hardware part, for intensive care need specialized equipment and utilities.
Malfunction that prevents the reading of data
To date, all failures to read the present on the media of this type the data can be divided into several major categories:
- damage of a physical nature;
- file system corruption;
- damage to the area, where is official information.
To damage of a physical nature include the failure of key components:
- the connectors for connecting interface;
- breakage of the chip of the controller to the physical memory;
- the failure of the Board components;
- failure of the printed circuit Board.
This kind of damage can be caused by both mechanical and electrical exposure. In this case, repairs to restore access located on the storage media is quite complicated and requires specialized skills. Sometimes the destruction of the controller to access the contents becomes impossible.
Logical damage to the media (the file system) may be a consequence of mistaken deletion, formatting. The emergence of such situations can occur due to incorrect operation of any specialized applications. Allowed this kind of situation is quite simple – with the help of specialized tools.
On the disk drives of the type under consideration are partitions used by the controller to perform its functions. If for some reason they are damaged and become unhealthy for their resuscitation is necessary to pass the device to a specialized authorized service center. Such damage is not as complex as the failure of the controller, but also dangerous.
Recovery in case of damage of the controller
A process of this type always consists of two main stages:
Disassembly of the device and subsequent actions
Disassembly of a device of this type is carried out in several stages:
- body is extracted from a personal computer (laptop or stationary);
- using a suitable screwdriver (Phillips or slotted) unscrewed all the bolts;
- the special opening tool (or a regular plastic card) is the separation of the housing.
After opening you must use a specialized dryer for soldering desoldering all the chips. You can then use device that allows reading directly from these electronic components NANDFlashReader. This programmer is usually supplied with special tools for the implementation of the reading.
Reading data from the chip
To work with the data on lipanoi from the PCB to the chip, you can use the following applications:
- PC-3000 Flash;
- Flash Extractor.
To restore data using PC-3000 Flash , you must perform the following steps:
- after starting in the left window click the right mouse button on the desired chip;
- in the opened context menu select «read chip»;
- to set the parameters read in the appropriate window and parameters analyzed;
- assemble the image, all the data located on the right side of the window;
- select all the required and click again on the right mouse button – select «Save» (or press «F2»).
In some particularly complex cases, the application functions are analyzed is impossible. In such situations, it is best to turn to professionals specializing in problems of this type. Because otherwise, the probability of damage to the contents of the chip without the possibility of gaining access to data.
Another very powerful application to work with memory chips disk SSD FlashExtractor. Originally it was designed to work with the schemes ordinary flash cards, but later became applied to operate the components of the considered drives.
Process of data recovery from SSD drive:
- connect the special reader installed in his scheme to a personal computer through USB;
- zapuskaem Flash Drive Information Extractor (usbflashinfoGetFlashInfo.exe);
- on function bar, click on «Get information»;
- choose a destination where will be saved all the saved contents;
- click on «Extract».
After the process is complete, all recoverable data will be copied into the appropriate directory. Then the user can use them at their discretion.
With proper controller
Much easier is the resuscitation of the data when the controller is fully functional, and the content was lost due to the erroneous Erasure or formatting. In such situations there is no need to carry out disassembly of the disk and its soldering. Thus, the necessary amount of time and complexity are significantly reduced.
For the resuscitation of the data in this case will perfectly fit the following applications:
- Hetman Partition Recovery;
- Advanced Disk Recovery.
All mentioned above give a pretty high success rate. Their use will allow you to restore data even if you formatted the device.
To start the recovery process by the application DMDE, you must do the following:
- to run the application from the directory where it is installed;
- after the start-up window will appear, which will be necessary to carry out selection of the desired device (select the SSD);
- click on the «start» button (it is drawn a green triangle).
Need in the program settings to see the destination where you save all the information. It is important to ensure that the amount of free space in the partition selected as the destination, it is sufficient to copy just the required amount.
App called HetmanPartitionRecovery also great for the resuscitation of the data on the SSD-disk.
To do this, you want to do the following:
- run the application;
- in the left part of the workspace select the drive that you want to work and select it;
- open the menu «File» select the item «Scan».
After the scan finishes, all found files will be marked with labels or table in the right part of the screen. To restore them, should allocate the necessary objects, and then click to open the context menu with the right mouse button and choose the second item from the top «Restore». Process of resuscitation of the data will take place automatically.
Interface AdvancedDiskRecovery a little different from the workspace similar utilities. Once launched, the user will see on screen the standard workspace.
To begin the reanimation process you must do the following:
- in the left part of the screen to select the device;
- to open the Options menu and click on the «Scanning»;
- in the right part of the screen will be marked available items for intensive care;
- will vedelem the necessary files and folders, click the «Save» button (at the bottom right of the screen).
Despite its reliability, media type SSD fail sometimes. Often the users themselves are the main cause of data loss (accidentally delete files or format the device). Although there are some difficulties, almost always there is the chance to recover the lost information.