How to remove Traflab.ru page from the browser?
Online service traflab.ru positioning itself as a Traffic Exchange: large volumes, low prices, a large percentage of active advertisers, etc. And it seems as if with a mind to the user does not cast suspicion … But, alas, it is only the primary impressions.
Whether the creators of the project, whether their business partners decided to draw the attention of potential clients to him and offer their services in a very intrusive form — by the virus.
How is the attack on the PC?
The so-called browser hijacker gets on the PC of the victim and modify the settings of all available Internet browsers system. Changes the start page instead trusted Yandex, Google and other search engines enter the address traflab. When you run the site will automatically open, and remove it by regular settings can not be (there again!).
This virus is embedded in the operating system in the following ways:
A shell or infected sites. Special script blocks closing the tab with web page. And then in a modal window under various pretexts deceptive ( «upgrade your browser», «confirm the transition», «not in a hurry to leave the page») motivates the user to press one of the buttons ( «yes» / «no»). After the click, regardless of the possible answers, browser hijackers is automatically downloaded from the server to the PC and activate.
Note. In early versions also performs a redirect to a page traflab.ru/rotator.
After the infected user’s own installers, together with one or another application installs the virus.
How to treat the operating system?
Consider the steps how to remove traflab manually and perform preventive maintenance system using healing tools:
1. Learn the location of the working folder in the browser shortcut properties:
- right click on the icon;
- select «Properties»;
- copy the «Working Folder» field content: Click the left mouse button on the line → Ctrl + C (or right click + function «Copy»). And then transfer path (a line from the field) in a separate text document. (You can use the «Notepad» system program);
- Repeat this procedure with all labels browsers.
Caution Additionally pay attention to the «object» in the shortcut properties. The presence of links in a row after the executable file — this is the consequences of malicious activity (shortcut infected).
2. Remove any browser shortcuts from the desktop and taskbar. Clean the «shopping cart.»
3. Alternately, go to a saved each directory (folder browser).
4. Locate and delete the shortcuts that leave the virus. They are disguised as a trusted executable file with the extension «exe» (remove it from the computer is not necessary).
- firefox.exe — true;
- firefox.url, firefox.bat — malware (in this case).
5. Check the Windows operating system startup:
- Click «Start»;
- type msconfig;
- Press «Enter»;
- click the «Startup» tab and disable all the suspicious instructions and applications;
- Click «Apply» and «OK»;
- close the «System Configuration» without rebooting the system.
6. Scan the registry:
- click «Win + R»;
- enter regedit + «Enter»;
- Editor click «CTRL + F»;
- in the query box, type — traflab;
- click the «Find Next»;
- detection recording with the name of the site to remove intrusive;
- Press «F3» to continue the search;
- scan all the registry keys.
7. Check the system partition curing utility AdwCleaner, Dr.Web CureIt! and Anti-Malware Free. Remove all potentially dangerous / suspicious objects, and registry keys.
8. Restart of Windows. Create browser shortcuts on the desktop:
(On the example of Google Chrome)
- Click «Start» menu;
- Click «All Programs»;
- locate and open the «Google Chrome» folder;
- click on the browser icon;
- select «Copy»;
- move the cursor on the desktop;
- Right-click the system menu and click «Paste Shortcut.»
9. Check the settings / browser options: mount it in the home page address of a trusted search engine and get rid of third-party links, remove all suspicious extensions and plug-ins.