How to remove a search engine from Sweet-page different browsers?
Sweet-page.com — search service of dubious origin. Introduced illegally by the virus module in the operating system, the so-called «browser hijackers.» After infection, the Internet browsers on startup users see is not a trusted search engine and page Sweet-page, that causes discomfort in the process of web surfing.
Definitely need to remove Sweet-page of the OS, and as quickly as possible.
The standard way to this intrusive service is not removed. It is necessary to use additional software (option setting), and utilities. Let us consider in detail what can be done to remove the advertising search engine.
The use of virus scanners
Also they are called disinfection utilities. They do not protect the computer in real time and used as an additional tool to check disk for viruses. Act quickly and efficiently. It does not require the user to deep knowledge and professional skills to set up the PC. Among the most effective are the following:
- Dr.Web CureIt !;
- Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool;
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Free).
Note. The above tools can be downloaded for free on the official websites of the developers.
In this case, to remove Sweet-page, we will use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware — one of the most powerful anti-spyware scanners and antireklamnyh.
1. In the address bar of your browser, enter malwarebytes.org and press «ENTER».
2. Click the section «Downloads», then click «FREE DOWNLOAD» (located in the first block — version FREE).
3. After downloading install the utility on your PC and run.
4. Wait for the signature database updates.
5. Click the «Check», select «Custom Scan».
6. In the «Options …» enable all options, select the scan area (the system partition, the C drive should be noted required).
7. Click «Start Scan».
8. After the tests, remove all the malicious objects found Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
Manual cleaning systems
Unfortunately, remove Sweet-page automatically, that is, with the help of specialized software, it does not always work.
The fact that criminals are constantly improving their «product»: the maximum cloaked its penetration in the PC and the continued presence in the OS by vendors.
In such cases, remove the virus from your computer manually. The purification procedure consists of several stages.
Delete suspicious applications
1. Press the «Win» (the key with the Windows icon located near the space bar).
2. In the «Start» menu, click «Control Panel.»
3. Locate the «Programs» section and click it in subpart «Uninstall a program».
4. Analyze install software.
3 sign , indicating that the application is potentially dangerous or harmful, and it should be removed:
- established recently (see the list of installing a date in the column);
- you do not use them, and have not intentionally installed (it was not the name of this program installers);
- «Publisher» column is not specified by the manufacturer (developer) applications.
Attention! If you are in doubt, get rid of the application or not, do it on request to the trusted search engine (Google, Yandex, etc.). In most cases, it exists a necessary information (reviews from other users, surveys, discussion forums).
5. To run the uninstaller (uninstall) the software of dubious click on its title the left mouse button, and then click the «Delete» from the context menu.
Tip! In addition to standard means of Windows, you can also use specialized tools to remove the programs (IObit Uninstaller, Soft Organizer, Revo Uninstaller).
Removing malicious add-ons
Remove from all installed browsers unfamiliar extensions and plug-ins. First of all get rid of the elements that emerged after the computer is infected.
If you use Firefox, please follow these steps:
- Open the menu «Tools» section;
- Select «Add-ons» and click on the tab «Extensions»;
- click on «Remove» in the unwanted application unit (for example, those can be Greener Web).
If you are running Opera:
- Click the icon «Opera» (browser menu) in the upper left corner of your browser;
- Select «Extensions»;
- click the «X» icon in the unnecessary plug block (remove from the Opera).
When in Google Chrome:
- Click on the icon «three horizontal stripes» (in the upper right corner);
- Click the «Settings»;
- go to «Extensions» section;
- click «trashcan» icon to plug disappeared from the «Chrome».
If Internet Explorer:
- Click «Customize superstructure»;
- click activate «Toolbars …»;
- highlight questionable plug in an adjacent panel;
- click «Disable» (located at the bottom of the add-ons window).
To solve this problem, use a specialized Browser Cleanup utility from the company Avast !. It is distributed free of charge (download link available on the official website).
1. Start Browser Cleanup.
2. Click the Internet Explorer icon.
3. Click the button «Reset».
4. In the sub-window, select the search engine you want to set the starting (home) page. Click «Continue» (continue).
Attention! The Browser Cleanup Tool can alert you to the presence of malicious browser extensions (in the panel display their name). They also desired to be removed by activating the appropriate option.
5. Do №1-№4 points this manual with the other browsers, displayed in the Browser Cleanup panel.
Checking the labels properties
1. Right-click on the icon the browser (on the desktop).
2. In the Properties window, in the «Object», check the path to the executable file the application. The line should end with «… exe». All third-party entries posted after it is necessary to remove. As a rule, it is a malicious link, which opens automatically when the browser starts.
3. After cleaning the line, press successively the «Apply» and «OK».
4. Check the labels and other browsers the same way they do the cleaning if necessary.
Cleaning the registry
Once you’ve removed the malware Sweet-page, also need to further clean the registry from its records and elements.
1. Open the System Editor: press Win + R → enter regedit → OK.
2. Activate the search bar: CTRL + F.
3. In the «Find» set sweet-page, click «Find Next.»
4. Remove the matching row: right click → Delete (function menu).
5. Continue search: press the «F3».
6. Repeat the cleaning process until the entire registry will be checked.
Reboot the PC. Make sure that the sweet-page in the browser is not available. Clean the file system and the Windows registry with the help of utilities Reg Organizer or Ccleaner.