Methods for removing files from drive C
Lack of space on the system disk C — one of the most common problems. And the cause is not the amount of storage, and feature operating system Windows. During the install, uninstall, update, Internet surfing, as well as creating the appropriate settings, temporary files are formed in the bowels of the system partition — «junk software». Every working day PCs and their number is growing rapidly and in a short time may well reach several gigabytes.
Accordingly, the user must delete the files and folders, lying dead weight and reducing the usable space in this section. Otherwise, the time will come when he can not even install the tiny program from a few tens of kilobytes. Alas, this is the reality!
To avoid such situations, periodically scrub from drive C accumulated digital stuff!
Make a «clean» system in various ways: as a regular Windows tools, and with the help of special programs.
Selective cleaning (manually)
This is a good option if you want to delete only content folder Temp (container for storing temporary files), or a group of objects in a directory. Of course, provided that the disk cleaning has recently been carried out.
1. Configure the operating system in such a way to expose the hidden folders:
- Click «Start» button (at the bottom left of the Windows icon) and click «Control Panel» (a list of options on the right side panel);
- from the options menu that opens to set «Preview» (top of the window), select the display mode «Large Icons»;
- find the option «Folder Options» and open it with a PC mouse;
- Open the tab «View» and the group «Advanced Settings» in «Hidden files folder» section, turn on the radio in front of the settings «Show hidden …»;
- activate the selected type of display buttons «Apply» and «OK.»
Now, from your eyes do not disappear most secret corners of the file system!
2. Get rid of the clutter objects using the built-in Windows functions.
We act according to the situation:
- If you want to delete a single file, click the right mouse button and select «Delete» from the context menu;
- If multiple files selectively from a specific group — select them LK mouse while holding «Alt» key. Then activate the appropriate option from the context menu, by analogy, as in the case considered above;
- if a group of adjacent files — mark the boundaries of the list of objects to be deleted: LK click the mouse, hold down the «SHIFT», the first and last file (with all other objects are also highlighted in between). Next, move the cursor to the files, right-click menu and select «Delete.»
Tip! If the size of objects to be deleted large — more than 0.5-1 GB, get rid of them without going through the trash. They are elementary there is simply not fit. And feeble PC recycling «heavy dust» may fall into a stupor. At the time of removal, press «Shift» or use a bunch of hot keys «Shift» + «Del». After that, the system will make an additional request for irrevocable destruction.
Cleaning section C, system utility
Windows mechanism clearing disk space, the first user call yourself hover purity of what is called «without the noise and dust.» Especially this method is suitable for beginners — a minimum of risk to delete something useful and to bring down the operating system.
1. Go to «Start», enter the search string «Disk Cleanup.» At the top of the panel in the «Programs» list, a shortcut icon for the utility of the same name. Click on it.
2. Once activated, the program will scan the system partition and displays unwanted files.
3. After the end of the audit (follow progress bar) window opens with an analysis of the data. Carefully read the information:
- note how much utility can free disk space;
- Review the description of the categories of files that you can remove and how much they «weigh»;
- to get acquainted with the automatic cleaning procedure in more detail, go to the FAQ «How does the cleaning …»;
- place a checkmark in the objects that need to be removed from the disk. Be sure to check the «Temporary Files». If you need a global clean, select all categories;
- Click «OK».
Automatic cleaning program SSleaner Professional
Utility SSleaner — really professional «cleaner» system. He cleans the Windows Explorer, system directory, cart, temporary files, web browsers and many other software lewdness.
- Install and run the program. Click «Clear» menu item.
- Select the objects for analysis (put down a tick in the list to the right of the main menu).
- Activate the «Analysis» and then «Clear».
That’s all you need to do in order to free space has expanded!
What if the file or folder is not removed?
Charge this problem by special utilities. They know how to properly suspend the drivers work, system and application software, «locking» the standard cleaning procedure.
So, if the files are not deleted, use one of the following programs (these products in its functional class according to many users considered the best).
1. Activate the tool.
2. In the search box, type the name of the object, remove intractable. Or use a guide OS: Right click on the line «…» and select from the menu the type of object that will be removed (a file, folder, driver).
3. Locate the item and click the PC (right-click) the mouse on it. In the menu that opens, select the «What is locking …?».
4. LockHunter panel displays the path to the object, as well as information about the process to block its removal.
5. Click the command «Delete It!» And «stubborn file ‘forever disappear from the system.
Magic magic wand Unlocker works wonders. Despite its tiny size, the tool extremely useful. And plus to this — a user-friendly interface.
- Run the program.
- Select the object, flatly refusing to leave the system, a PC mouse.
- Click in the opened «Unlocker» menu.
Three steps and the problem is solved!
Tips for the future
- Watch out for space section C.
- Regularly clean it. Timely «cleaning» further increase the level of system security. As you know, a lot of viruses and worms, «settle» in the Temp folder.
- And remember! PC needs to be properly cared for — technical, program. It is in compliance with this requirement, it is always responsive to user commands, and a 100% use of its processing power.
Good luck and success to you and your computer, dear reader!
In addition, you can read how to manually remove the Windows 7 upgrade .