Manual release of the main memory of the computer
The deterioration of the speed of the computer is most often associated with load memory (OP). Many open-source programs and applications can significantly affect its performance.
So the easiest way out of this situation is to reduce the load on your PC by optimizing the computational processes. There is no need to reboot the system – there are several alternative effective ways.
Closing unnecessary programs
The degree of efficiency of functioning of the OP depends on open apps. Some of them are systemic, which cannot be deactivated. In this case, there is a probability of a system failure or further deterioration of the health of the computer. Because you must adhere to certain practices that differ depending on the type of the active software (firmware).
First, it is recommended to close programs that are not currently used. Most of them displayed on the taskbar. To shutdown you need to go to the interface and shut it down.
If memory is so overloaded that go into the program it is impossible (crash) – you must perform the following steps:
- Alt+Ctrl+Del to open task Manager;
- in the attachments tab, to find, in front of which will stand the inscription is Not responding.
- highlighting the row you press the button to Complete the application.
However, there is a high probability of data loss. So using this method is recommended only in the most extreme case. It is best to wait some time to program now in normal operation mode, and correctly to complete it.
In addition to the obvious processes during switching on and operation of your computer can run background processes. They are not visible on the panel’s current task, but can have a significant impact on the load OP. To close them, you can use the above method.
After activating the task Manager go to the processes tab. For clarity, you can do the sorting by value memory.
Active components will be placed according to the extent allocated to the volume OP for their work. Terminate certain processes is possible only after full confidence that their absence will not affect the performance and functioning of the PC. Tasks include system responsible for the network connection and the external equipment (printers, scanners, etc.).
Some background processes can be displayed on the control panel in the lower right corner. To determine the name you need to install on it the mouse – in the pop-up window displays the application name. In most cases, exit it by pressing the right mouse button and select the appropriate menu item. For some antivirus programs does not exist. You must first left click to open and from the main exchange to perform the deactivation.
To enhance user comfort there is a function for autoloading. During startup of the computer, it will initiate the selected application. Some developers configure the installation so that programs without knowledge of the user starts automatically. Especially background processes. Removing them from startup can be done in the following ways.
Edit the content of the folder:
- on the system drive, find the startup folder;
- it is located at the following path: C:ProgramDataMicrosoftWindowsStartmenuprogramsstartup;
- there are labels loaded at the same time with the operating system. To clean startup, it is sufficient to remove excess label.
- clicking on the start button, go to the section of the Standard;
- running the command line enter msconfig. This will open the system configuration window;
- clicking in the tab startup you can disable the app.
However, this method does not allow to release the OP – it is necessary to restart the computer.
Restart Windows Explorer
Explorer is integrated into the operating system file Manager. There is the possibility of a reboot without closing other operations.
- with the key combination Alt+Ctrl+Del open utility;
- in the tab «Processes» find the name of the image explorer.exe. Clicking on the «Terminate» process deactivate the task.
When this happens – lost task bar and start button. No need to fear – other apps will remain active.
- task Manager — press the top left button on the File and select Run.
- open a command prompt, enter explorer.exe. After that, the controller will start.
- on the desktop using Notepad, create a standard file that originally has the file extension .txt;
- opening it, append the following lines: taskkill /f /im explorer.exe start explorer.exe
- after saving, rename it to: «restart explorer.bat».
It is important to trace the change the extension and icon. The latter should appear in the form of gear. Reboot explorer will be executed after clicking on the file icon. The system will require some time – so no need to try to do re-initialization . Otherwise, you run multiple conductors that will lead to the opposite result – the reduction of free RAM.
Video: clean memory
How to clear RAM without restarting computer
One of the effective ways is to manually configure Windows registry settings.
It will allow you to quickly clean the memory and boost the speed of your computer. However, immediately to warn that the installation of the incorrect values may cause reduction of performance. Therefore, you should act strictly according to instructions.
To enable command prompt go to the start button and in the folder Standard press Run. At a command prompt print regedit, opening the menu of the registry.
You can then perform the following procedure to increase the amount of free RAM:
- unloading of unused OP libraries. In the folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftwindowscurrentversionexplorer create a new DWORD and assign it a value of 1.
- the prohibition on the creation of tables NTFS. This will disable the mandatory entry on the time of the last initialization of the file. This must be in the folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlsetcontrolfilesystem find a setting NtfsDisableLastAccessUpdate and give it a value of 1.
This is one of the most simple and safe ways to improve the OS settings. However, over time accumulate multiple registry error fix which is only possible using special tools. The most effective are CCleaner and RegistryLife.
Removal of viruses
One of the reasons for lowering the amount of free OP is viruses. In addition to direct damage BY their activities, they reduce the functionality of the computer. For their removal the methods described above are not suitable, often viruses are hidden from standard detection mechanisms. It is best to use anti – virus utility DrWeb, Kaspersky anti-virus. From shareware can highlight the Avast.
Currently, the network has both free and shareware version. When high intensity work is best to use first. After installation and first launch the antivirus usually conducts operational diagnostics. Then you should run a full scan of all drives, including pre-launch, to Windows download. With this approach, the probability of detection of third party.
For effective operation must adhere to the following rules:
- to set options for automatic updating.
- in the settings specify a full scan at least 1 time a week and the right to exhibit characteristics of continuous monitoring.
Adhering to these rules is possible not only to increase the amount of free memory on the computer, but also to secure its functioning, to protect sensitive information from possible hacking.
Currently has spread widely through the so called memory optimizers. This is a paid or a free utility, which on assurances of developers, to properly distribute processes on free OP sectors.
In fact, they have very low efficiency. Best copes with this task built-in Manager. To check this assertion in the standard set of Windows run the application resource Monitor. Activating several can observe a sharp strain on OP. However, over time its level drops to the old value. AT the same was not closed.
This shows the effectiveness of the use of embedded operating system components. Third-party utilities can only marginally affect this distribution. It should be noted that their work also will require a certain part resource of the computer.
The disk cleanup
Deleting unwanted files with the disk space can affect the productivity of OP. This measure is effective not only in the deficit of free space on physical and virtual disks, but can have a positive influence on the speed of the PC.
During operation occurs circulation to various areas of the hard drive. If it is filled to the maximum increases the execution time.
To solve this problem, you can do the following:
- to remove unnecessary files from the hard drive.
- to perform its defragmentation, optimize the distribution of space usage. This is a standard feature of Windows. A shortcut to start is in the Standard folder, subfolder and Service. After you enable utilities to begin the process, click defragment.
Experts recommend to perform the first and second paragraph. This will increase the working speed.
The best way to optimize OP – removal of unnecessary software and a minimal amount of startup. You also need to constantly inspect with antivirus and clean registry. This will allow to improve the performance of your computer.