How to upgrade to Windows 10 Home to Pro
It is no secret that Microsoft traditionally offers several versions of Windows in accordance with user requirements. Edition are different from each other by the set of available features and supported technologies. In particular, the difference between Home Windows 10 and Windows 10 Professional is that unlike professional, home edition does not contain among its features functions such as «join domain», «group policy Management», «Internet Explorer enterprise mode», «limited access Mode», «Remote desktop» and «Hyper-V».
As in previous versions, Windows 10 provides the opportunity to upgrade from Home to Pro for an additional cost. The process of moving from one edition to another is very simple and fairly quick to reinstall the system is not necessary, all installed applications and data in the end, remain intact.
Upgrade to the professional version of Windows 10, you can buy directly from the Windows Store, but there is a workaround that allows you to switch from Home to Pro, bypassing the Store. No, this does not mean that after the update you do not need a license key to activate Windows 10 Pro. I’m just saying that you can easily convert home edition to professional without prior acquisition of the license (as it involves the upgrade through the Store) using a universal key. This key offers Microsoft, so that method is completely legal.
Windows 10 upgrade Home to Professional
1. Open system settings and go to the «Update & security > Activate». Right click «Change product key». If it will come out window of user account control, click «Yes.»
2. Now copy the following key and paste it in the window «Enter product key»:
3. Click «Start update».
4. Wait for finish the update. When the progress bar reaches 100%, the system will automatically reboot.
5. Before rebooting will be followed with updates.
6. After a reboot will start the process of adding components, and after login you will see confirmation that the upgrade was successful.
As a result, the home edition will be converted to Windows 10 Pro, however to activate the installation you will need the product license key.