How to sync OneDrive to SD card or other external media in Windows 10
Unfortunately Windows 10 does not allow to choose external storage as the storage space for OneDrive folder. This is a big problem, especially for tablets with a modest amount of disk space. The problem is compounded by the fact that Microsoft has abandoned the so-called «fillers», which allows to have an idea about what is stored in the cloud without having to sync files and folders.
From this tutorial you will learn how you can still get OneDrive to store files on SD card or other external storage device using one little known feature of Windows. To do this, we «convince» OneDrive that he sinhroniziruete files on the local disk, whereas in fact they are on a USB drive/memory card.
1. So, open the tool disk Management. To do this, right-click the mouse on the start button (or just press + X) and from the context menu select «disk Management».
2. In the list of drives, locate your external drive, open the context menu and select «Change drive letter or drive path«.
3. Make sure in the dialog box, you selected the option «Mount in the following empty NTFS folder» and click «Browse».
4. Create a new folder on the drive where you installed Windows 10 by clicking on the «Create» button. Give the folder any name and click «OK». Then again «OK».
5. Using task Manager to end the process of Microsoft OneDrive (32 bit).
6. Delete the OneDrive folder in the user directory (C:UsersВаше user name).
7. In the search box, OneDrive and press Enter to start the configuration process of the cloud (if you see two error messages, just ignore them).
8. Click «Start».
9. Sign in with your Microsoft account.
10. On the next screen you will see the current location of the OneDrive folder. Click «Edit» and specify the path to the folder you created in step 4.
11. Click «Next». Select the files and folders you want to sync, click Next and finish setting up OneDrive.
In the result, OneDrive will synchronize all files in specified folder (which you created on the system drive), thinking that it saves the files to the local disk, but actually the files are stored on an external device. Needless to say, it is advisable to remove the external drive when the computer (in particular OneDrive) is in use.