How to solve the problem if the computer with Windows 10 does not exit or does not return from sleep mode
Some users after upgrading or clean installation of Windows 10 was surprised to find that their computer can not shut down or exit the sleep mode. The problem occurs on devices from different manufacturers: HP, Acer and ASUS. To try to solve the problem you can do one of the following methods.
Method 1 – Disable quick launch
In some cases, simply turn off the quick start function. To do this:
- open the menu «power supply»;
- left click «choose what the power button»;
- click «Change settings that are currently unavailable»;
- below, uncheck the option «Turn on fast startup (recommended)» and save the changes.
Please note that disabling this feature may slow down system startup when the computer is off.
Method 2 – Update Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI)
The first method helps, but not always. If your computer with Intel inside, the problem may be caused by a bug in the Intel driver Management Engine Interface. In my case the culprit turned out to be version 11, which is installed on many PCs.
To solve this annoying problem:
- visit the Intel download center and download an earlier version of MEI than v.11 (I used version 10.0.38.1036, which is available at this address);
- extract the contents of the archive ME_Win7_8.1_10.0.38.1036_5M.zip go to Installers > ME_SW_MSI > Production and run the file SetupME.exe;
- follow the on-screen instructions, agree to replace the driver to an earlier version.
In my case the problem was solved and the shutdown started to happen correctly. I hope one of the ways you will help you.