How to set Google as search engine by default in Microsoft Edge
Open Search is an open standard that allows you to use sites such as Facebook or Twitter as a search engine. Recently, support for Open Search 1.1 has got a Google Search, and it means that now you can choose search engine by default, Microsoft Edge. Until now it was impossible, therefore, as a standard search engine you had to use Bing.
So, you want to make Google search the default in the new browser from Microsoft? Here’s how you can do this:
- Run The Edge
- Enter Google.ru in the browser’s address bar and hit Enter
- Now open the chrome menu (three dots in the upper right part of the window)
- Select «Settings» and then scroll down and click on the «View advanced options»
- Find the section «Search in the address bar with» (in the silence there is Bing)
- Click on the drop down menu and select «Add new»
- If the site Google.ru is still open, you will see www.google.ru in the list
- Select it and click «Use default»
Now whenever you enter a search query in the address bar, the browser will search for in Google.