How to restore the tab in browser
Almost every user encountered a situation in which the browser is open too many tabs (for example, after a lengthy search for content on the Internet). After the detection of the desired resource man begins to close the extra links and accidentally closes the page.
If the user accidentally closed the tab, how to restore it – the first thing people are interested in such cases.
Ways to open
For starters, you need to recall that in modern browsers provides an option to quickly open accidentally closed tabs. Therefore, if the program was closed or extra completed its work, when a new run or restart any web browser will be able to restore all the active page.
We now proceed directly to the actual ways of opening closed tabs.
Via the tab bar
- to open the desired page, you must right-click on the active tab;
- further, in the context menu choose «Open closed tab».
Using the settings button
Another way to open closed tabs requires the use of the settings button in the web browser. In the main browser window go to «Settings» and click on «Recently closed tabs».
Through the story
- to recover the just closed tab, you need in the main browser window go to «Settings»;
- in the drop-down context menu select «History» or call it «Ctrl+H».
In the history will be presented all the previously exposed sites for a few days or weeks. For the convenience of users in browsers there is a search box in the history of the sites visited.
How to recover a closed tab with the key combination
To recover a closed page, you can use combinations of keyboard shortcuts. This method is one of the most simple, because it does not need to perform any additional actions.
Users only need to type on the keyboard shortcut «Ctrl+Shift+T». When using this combination, the browser will restore last closed tab. If you apply it repeatedly, the browser will restore the penultimate tab.
In that case, if you want to restore a tab you closed a few days earlier, required history in the browser. The history in the browser can be invoked with «Ctrl+H».
Video: restore the tab in the browser
The restore tab
It is now necessary to consider ways of opening closed tabs in different browsers. Each of the web browsers restore tabs will be something different, so you need to consider them in more detail.
In «Google Chrome» restore tabs can be produced in several ways.
This browser has the function to automatically restore closed tabs.
If there is an emergency exit, «Google Chrome» at the start prompt user request to restore the previous session.
- in Chrome you can reopen the last closed page through the browser settings. You need to go to settings and in context menu click on «Recent tabs»;
- in the second method of opening last closed page need to use the story. You need to go to settings and click «History» (or use the key combination «Ctrl+H»).
This browser uses the engine «Chromium», that is, its source code corresponds to the «Google Chrome». To restore the last tab in Yandex several ways.
Similarly, as in other cases, the web browser equipped with automatic recovery of the last pages:
- in the «Yandex browser» open closed tab is very simple. In the main menu, click «Recently closed», which displays all of the last page, where the user.
At the bottom you can click «All history», so you can see the history of visits for a day or a few days;
- you can also use the keyboard shortcut «Ctrl+H», which will automatically get into the story.
For «Mozilla Firefox» there are several ways to restore the last page. Like other modern browsers, it is equipped with automatic recovery of closed pages.
And now more about how:
- the first method is a recovery page using the setup;
- for this the user needs in the right corner of the program click on the icon with a picture of three rectangles;
- in the list, select «Journal», which presents the history of visits to sites over time (also, the magazine can be accessed using the «Ctrl» + «H»);
- then select «Restore previous session»;
- in mazile, «Settings», you can tick off the item «Warn me when closing multiple tabs». Due to this, the browser will inform the user that the will be closed a few pages.
Opera, as with previous browsers, uses the AutoRecover feature to recover the last closed page. If the browser was urgently complete its work with a new start, he will offer a choice of four options launch.
The user must select «Continue.».
If the user accidentally close the necessary tab, but the browser window is open, you can use the following to open them:
- to open a recently closed page, you must login in the browser settings, which are in the upper left corner and click on it. In the drop-down list, select the item «Recently closed» and displays the previously closed tabs;
- another way is the use of all the familiar combination «Ctrl+Shift+T»;
- reopen the last closed page through the story. To do this, go to your browser settings and select «History». In the history will be presented with the previously visited sites. It is equipped with search, which you can use to find the desired page.
Starting in version of «Internet Explorer 8», the program can automatically restore the last session when an emergency shutdown of the browser. At startup after a crash, Internet Explorer will prompt the user to restore previous session.
Now more about each way the restore tab:
- in the first method, the user needs panel, select «Service» in the context menu click on «reopen last browsing session»;
- the second method is the use of history in explore. It is invoked by «Ctrl+H». On the right side will have the history window, where you can find the right place. Clicking on a particular link (e.g. «Today») to find pages you’ve visited in the last 24 hours.
Safari browser from Apple is not very intuitive for the novice Internet user.
When you restore accidentally closed tabs can cause a lot of problem, so Safari is considered in more detail:
- restore last session in Safari, you can use history. Click the icon to display the main menu settings Safari. It is a wheel located in the upper right corner of the program;
- clicking on it, you need to select «History» or call it using «Ctrl» + «H»;
- below is a list of the «Last visited today»;
- to restore a closed page, you can use another combination «Ctrl+Z».
In this paper, we have considered ways to restore closed tabs. Most modern browsers have a feature that automatically restore previous session, so users should have no problems with restoring the last session.
If the page is accidentally closed, it is recommended to use the keystrokes – the fastest and most reliable method of solving the problem.