How to restart computer in Windows 8
Restart the computer with Windows 8 the usual way is quite simple. It is much harder to do this operation if for some reason the standard means to implement this procedure is simply not available.
In such a situation, you can resort to various other methods. All of them is safe for operating system, and contained on the computer data.
Performed a reboot
To perform a restart of the PC under control of OS Windows 8 is quite simple. This can be done in different ways.
The most accessible and frequently used by ordinary people are the ways:
- through the start-up screen;
- from the desktop;
- with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Del.
They can be used as necessary and desired. Each method has its advantages and disadvantages.
From the start screen
If necessary, you can perform a restart of the operating system before full launch, enable, desktop.
In order to do this, it is necessary in order to perform actions of:
- wait for the PC until the screen displays the select users;
- in the lower right corner of the screen click on the «Power» button displays a small context menu containing three items («sleep», «shut down», «restart»);
- select the item called «restart» in the Russian version there is an inscription «reset».
When the required item is found, simply click on it with the left mouse button. The operating system is restarted.
From the desktop
In most cases, for ordinary users that just started to use Windows 8, restart the operating system after its launch can cause some difficulties. So as a desktop OS in question is very different from the desktop in previous versions of Microsoft operating systems for its device.
To perform a restart of the system should:
- to turn on PC and wait for OS startup;
- when the desktop appears, you need to find it on a small label, like a gear (it is usually located in the lower right corner);
- after clicking will open a small menu containing multiple labels, click on the icon «Power»;
- when the previous action performed, there are two inscriptions – «Shut Down» and «Restart»;
- mouse click on «Restart» (or a «reboot» — if OS translated into Russian language).
If for some reason to use a mouse is not possible, or the user cannot find a desired menu, simply press the key combination «Win»+»I». This opens a menu with options for different actions, among which again is the point «Restart».
Restart can also be effected by using a combination of three keys Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
To do this, it is necessary in order to perform actions of:
- hold the buttons Ctrl+Alt, and then once just click on Delete;
- special window will open, which contains a small list;
- in the bottom right corner there is button «Power», having a quite standard notation;
- after clicking on this shortcut will open the quick context menu, in which click on «restart».
This method is quite simple in execution. Its only drawback is the need to press multiple keys simultaneously. For some users it is quite problematic for various reasons.
How to reboot a computer via command line Windows 8
Also is restarting the command runoff, which can be run in any OS from Microsoft. In the eighth version to run command line, you can benefit in two ways.
The easiest way to do so:
- press the key combination «CTRL»+»R» – call box to enter the command;
- in the opened window, write «cmd.exe»;
- press «Enter».
In using this method has one important drawback – the launch is carried out on behalf of the current user.
To start a command prompt from the names of the administrator, perform the following steps:
- click the right mouse button on an empty part of the desktop;
- at the bottom of the desktop will have an additional panel;
- the right side panel that appears, there is a round label with the caption «all applications»;
- mouse click should open the menu «all apps»;
- find in the list of apps, the item «command prompt» and make right-button of the mouse.
- opens a list of possible actions, choose «run as administrator» — the second item on the right.
If you wish, you will not only start the reporting function, but also carry out her other actions. To perform a restart, you must enter the appropriate command is «Shutdown» or «Ping».
Video: Set the off button
The Command «Shutdown»
To use the command «Shutdown», you must perform the following basic operations:
- to run the command line one of the above methods (most useful and appropriate in a particular situation);
- using the keyboard to enter «Shutdown»;
- press «Enter».
An important advantage of the command «Shutdown» is that it is very versatile. It is also possible to remotely restart another computer. It’s enough to retreat one space from the last character of the command and enter through the symbol «/» the letter «i». Opens a dialog box in which you can successfully complete the operation.
Also, this method gives the opportunity to use the delayed shutdown. It is enough in the end of the row add the suffix «–r». After clicking on «Enter», a window will appear announcing the completion of the work after 1 minute. If necessary, you can choose any time off.
The Ping command is required for the implementation of the ping remote network devices. It is also used to prepare remote PC for subsequent restart. Often this stage is the most difficult for the operation under consideration.
To make PC available for remote restart, you must perform the following steps:
- run command line;
- enter «Ping –n 20 127.0.0.1>NUL 2>&1 & shutdown /h /f» and press «Enter».
The problems solved by restarting
Sometimes there are situations when for some reason a restart of the operating system is simply impossible. One of the most common reasons for this is that a normal shutdown or reboot of OS is the lack of appropriate drivers for a device. Most often it is the graphics card. Identification of this problem is quite simple.
The most obvious signs are:
- pressing the button increases the load on the processor side wininit.exe (50% or more);
- begins to consume large amount of memory a process called «startup».
To resolve this problem, you should install the latest versions of drivers for all devices. In most cases this allows to get rid of the various problems that arise when attempting a restart.
The inability to carry out normal restart of the operating system can occur due to a «wet» version of Windows 8. The first distributions distributed by Microsoft, have a small conflict with some hardware. Especially often problems of this type arise in Asus technology.
Out of the current situation can be only two:
- install a higher OS version;
- installing the latest patch from Microsoft that contains all the possible fixes (you need to download it from the official website).
Another reason for restarting may be a previously installed software (games, office applications or something else). To determine which program is to blame for the error, can be quite simple – the elimination method.
Video: windows 8.1 button in the menu
You should review the date of installation and delete the last installed programs. The above three causes are the most common when an error occurs, not allowing the restart. Usually their resolution is the minimum amount of time and effort.
If the problem fails, contact a qualified technician. Rebooting the system is a fairly simple process for the user, but essential to the computer itself. As a long-term operation without clearing the paging file and RAM significantly reduces PC performance, you should avoid these types of situations. Being not able to reboot immediately to rectify the fault.
The reset can be done in various ways – as a normal, accessible to all users, even the most experienced, and with the help of special teams. It is advisable to know them all, it will allow you to minimize the likelihood of any problems with the personal computer.