How to remove Kaspersky antivirus from your computer completely
Often to remove Kaspersky antivirus from computer is quite difficult, for many users this presents a real problem.
To fulfill the uninstall, you can the standard tools of the Windows operating system and special software. Each method has its advantages and disadvantages. Edit the registry after the liquidation of the antivirus is necessary because it will typically leave marks.
How to remove Kaspersky anti-virus
To remove the software considered in various ways.
The best option is to use the standard procedure of application, bundled with Kaspersky.
The operation is as follows:
- in the lower right corner of the screen find the «K» is red, and through the context menu, click «Exit».
- to launch the installation wizard for Windows 7 it does the following:
- click «start»;
- find the «control Panel»;
- open the shortcut to «Programs and features» in the list vedelem with the mouse the desired item and press «Delete»;
- this opens the wizard «installation and removal»;
- in the opened window click «Next»;
- a window will open that allows preservation of some components. If they have a need, then checking the box, you can leave them;
- again, press the «Next» button, this will open the last window, giving one last chance to cancel the operation. Clicking the «Delete» button, the user starts the procedure of liquidation;
after the process, it is desirable to restart the computer, the operating system prompts you to do so in a special window.
Should restart immediately after the process.
Thus, erasing is carried out in a standard order. If uninstalled, thus, it does not work, then make it the standard operating system services Windows (designed for cleaning OS) or various tools from third-party manufacturers (there are a very large number).
But it often happens that for some reason make it impossible.
This situation can occur for a variety of reasons:
- accidentally deleted files program located in the Program Files;
- corrupted Uninstaller;
- the installation is performed correctly.
In all of these or other such cases will require the use of third-party applications to complete the uninstallation. There are many different applications that allow you to perform the elimination of the «virus».
The most convenient and frequently used:
- regedit, msconfig, Explorer – the standard Windows utility;
- KAV Removal Tool;
- Unistal Tool.
If you need in manual mode file Manager «Explorer» to erase the files, then to clean the OS utility regedit. Or use a specialized utility KAV Remover Tool. It is specifically written to work with different kind of software production Kaspersky Lab.
Unistal Tool is a versatile utility that allows you to perform both uninstall and clean OS in automatic mode.
Video: Remove Virus
You can also remove with standard tools present in the Windows operating system by default.
This can be done by following the procedure:
- in the context menu is to pause the protection;
- the letter «K» will turn gray to. In the context menu turn off protection button «Exit».
- further utility to edit startup msconfig startup disable (remove the tick);
- open Windows Explorer, cut all the files antivirus. This is done again via the context menu;
- after doing all these actions run the system in safe mode (you need to press F8 during startup);
- in safe mode run a special utility regedit (via the Run option), find all antivirus-related keys and delete them.
With registry cleaning if necessary, can be postponed. Although clean it needs, in order to avoid all possible conflict with the operation of the system.
KAV Removal Tool
Kaspersky lab quite a long time has implemented a special utility designed to uninstall any application from Kaspersky Lab. It’s called KAV Removal Tool. This utility is completely correct to not only uninstall KAV, but also Internet Security.
The procedure of uninstallation as follows:
- downloaded from the Internet or obtained in some other way the file is called kavremvr.exe you must start with a double click of the mouse.
- then the opened window will contain a security code it must be entered in the box below;
- in a field where there is a check box, a drop-down list – it is desirable to use if KAV was not detected automatically (and select it manually);
- when the desired product has been selected, press the «Delete»button;
- at the end of the process will display a dialog box containing information about the successful removal;
- click «OK».
Despite the fact that the utility created by Kaspersky Lab, it is necessary after you run the uninstall KAV to carry out a thorough cleaning of the registry. This can be done using standard Windows tools and applications from third-party manufacturers.
The registry cleaning
To clean a standard Windows service, called regedit. You need to run it as administrator because otherwise it will either not run at all, or edit the registry is simply impossible.
Once the utility is launched, you must perform the following steps in strict order:
- highlighting the desired branch, press the key combination Ctrl+F or edit->»Find»;
- in the window that appears, enter Kaspersky or other, associated with the application of the word;
- the found keys will be displayed on the screen – they are deleted by using context menu item «Delete» (context menu opened by clicking right mouse button).
It is desirable to remove all keys that is added before the application. Otherwise, you may experience various kinds of conflicts and errors.
One of the simplest tools that are perfect for uninstallation of various applications (including Kaspersky Antivirus), is the Uninstall Tool. It is extremely easy to use and automatically removes not only all the application files, but also present in the registry keys.
To uninstall Kaspersky Antivirus with help of Uninstall Tool, you must perform the following steps:
- download and install Uninstall Tool;
- run it and open the main window;
- in manual mode or by using the field «Search», find the application AVP;
- highlighting it with a single mouse click, press the red x with the surrounding inscription Uninstall.
After this it remains only to wait for the uninstall process is complete.
How to remove Kaspersky antivirus from your computer if forgot password
In the event of unauthorized use antivirus protected with a special password. And sometimes it happens that the user forgets it. But this difficult situation has way out. A forgotten password cannot be recovered. But there is a possibility to disable the protection without even knowing it.
This is done in a strict order the following:
- to determine the type of the installed PC operating system (32/64-bit);
- from the official site Kaspersky Lab download the archive called «passOFF2013.zip»;
- using available archiver the files are unpacked;
- the computer restarts and the OS starts in safe mode (pressing F8 during the boot process and selecting «Safe Mode»);
- select the appropriate file from the unpacked archive:
- x86 – 32 битнойWindows;
- x64 is 64-bit Windows.
- open the registry editor, there you must click «Yes»;
- after having executed the previous step will open a alert window, it will be notified about a successful modification to the registry.
After the PC reboots, the protection will be disabled and you can as usual to complete the uninstallation of Kaspersky Antivirus. Or use a specialized utility.
The uninstallation process of Kaspersky Lab product is not complicated if it is carried out normally by using the standard uninstall procedures. Some difficulties sometimes arise in the event of various errors and conflicts. But if you have enough free time and patience you can easily overcome these troubles.
When you run the uninstallation should be as attentive. As if the editing is carried out manually, in any case you should not delete a registry entry, the purpose of which is not known. This can lead to malfunction of an operating system.
Performing removal of a Kaspersky Lab product, you must perform all operations according to the instructions of the manufacturer of the software.