How to remove Edge, Cortana and some other system apps in Windows 10
Of course, Microsoft Edge was interesting and noteworthy browser: it’s faster than Internet Explorer, optimized for touch devices and has many other small but useful features. However, this browser is still far from perfect (for example, the promised extension support doesn’t exist yet), so it is unlikely he can produce a strong impression on users of Chrome, Firefox or Opera.
If you don’t even think about becoming a user Edge, probably you are looking for a way to once and forever get rid of it in Windows 10. This app can’t be removed by tools, Settings, and method of removing built-in apps via PowerShell will not help you to remove new browser, as it is part of the operating system. However, the way to remove it is still found: for this purpose was created a special script, which was then taken as a basis for other scripts designed to remove other Needleman components and system apps, including Cortana, «Contact technical support» and «Windows Feedback». Scripts allow you to remove it all within minutes.
NOTE: Removing these components could affect the stability of Windows 10. In particular, deleting Cortana can break, start, and search. The author has no relation to the instrument referred to in the article. Do everything at your own risk.
To remove the Microsoft Edge, Cortana app «Contact technical support» or «Windows Feedback»:
- download this archive and then extract its contents, including file install_wim_tweak;
- open the context menu by clicking with the right mouse button on one of the four files with the extension .cmd (depending on the component you want to remove) and select «Run as administrator»;
- when prompted for UAC, click «Yes»;
- wait until the operation completes;
- then restart the computer.
To remove other components just repeat the steps.