How to make a hyperlink in Word to a document or website?
Hyperlinks is a very useful tool with which you can link together not only site pages, but also documents. With them you can make your documents more informative and reader-friendly.
Usually hyperlinks are used to create financial reports (citing in the text of the document on spreadsheet, database, etc.) or when creating abstracts, coursework, diplomas (referring to the pages of the web sites from which was taken one or another part of the text).
Now let’s look at the process of creating hyperlinks.
How to make a hyperlink in a Word document?
To do this:
- To highlight a word or portion of text that should become a hyperlink.
- Click on this plot with the right mouse button and from the appearing context menu select «Hyperlink«.
- Opens a dialog box «Insert hyperlink«. Then you need to choose a trite path to the file (its location on your computer or removable disk). On the correctness of the chosen path to the required document, you can verify in the column «Address«.
- It remains just click «OK«. To look like this text will. Now when you click on the word «here» will open automatically, in my case, the document extension .xlm
The same operation can crank out another way: go to the tab «Insert» and under «Connection» choose «Hyperlink«.
Very important is this point: to move the hyperlink on the document, remember that on your computer or removable media, it needs to have. For example, suppose you make a report for the current quarter on the desktop computer, but it refers to the same report, only dated last month. Then send the completed document to the chief, that if his computer does not have a report for the previous month – when you start, and then the hyperlink fails.
How to make a hyperlink in Word to a website?
Similarly, you can refer to pages of the websites. This is very useful especially when you create a «bibliography» is to make the link clickable on the page.
- Again, are allocating part of the text.
- Call the context menu by clicking with the left mouse button. Then select «Hyperlink».
- In the dialog box that appears in the string «Address» insert the address of the electronic page (link).
- Click «OK» and ready.
Now when you click on a hyperlink the user will open the browser (which is the default) and load the required page of the website.
Removing and modifying hyperlinks
If you opened the document already has the hyperlink, but you want to change or delete, you should perform the following operation:
- Press the right button of the mouse on the text that is a hyperlink.
- On the shortcut menu, select one of the required sections of the «Edit hyperlink» or «Remove…«.