How to insert button in keyboard on the laptop
After learning the device buttons and a number of simple operations for its removal and installation, the user will be able to correct minor damage, or to replace the defective key for a new one.
How to insert button in keyboard on the laptop
The laptop, unlike a personal computer, has a built-in dialler, which cost considerably higher because of the compactness of the dimensions and integrity of the structure. That is why its repair, including independent, constantly in demand and economically viable.
With prolonged use and active exploitation of the loss of the keyboard parts or breakdown, require replacement are quite common.
However, before you run to the service center, try to understand, is it possible to house the insert button in the laptop keyboard and may save money and personal time.
Possible reasons for the breakage or loss of keys can be set:
- excessive force when operating;
- the increased suction capacity of a vacuum cleaner when cleaning;
- the Strait of fluid;
- getting crumbs and other debris;
- pet and more.
To understand what this means and to determine the probability of self-repair, consider the following cases where one or more keys are dropped or do not work:
- the top part just popped up out of shape, stuck, broken plastic mount or bent the retaining tabs on the aluminum base of the keyboard. — Install, repair or replace independently.
- there was a short circuit and/or the destruction of the conducting paths due to a factory defect, liquids or other foreign intervention. — Should contact the service if you do not have certain skills;
- damage connects to the motherboard a ribbon cable. — Replacement (preferably a specialist) of the film or of the entire device as a whole.
Given the fact that the majority of users are Amateurs, we consider only the correction of the breakage of the first case: no mechanical damage.
This may require:
- conventional needle or syringe;
- paper clip;
- a knife, a small screwdriver;
- cutters and pliers;
- a thin soldering iron and a lighter;
- a small vise.
The first two list positions, it is sufficient simply to insert the dropped item, and the rest you may need for small repairs.
Important: Immediately please note that all works should be done ONLY when disconnected from the network device by removing the battery.
Photo: Parsing the collection of keys
Button and its design
Before independently inserting a button in the laptop keyboard, we recommend you to get acquainted with its design. This will help to repair and easy to install. It should be remembered and consider, because unlike the landline, the laptop keyboard has a short stroke.
They consist of:
- directly covers with fasteners — rectangular piece of plastic that you press with your finger (hereinafter simply «cover»). On the inner side are two pairs of fasteners: latches and grooves, and the long — and even metal stabilizer stiffness;
- folding X-shaped mechanism with clamps that hold the cover. It is commonly called «swing», «Elevator» or «clamshell». Please note that each of the two parts of the folding mechanism is attached to the key in two places;
- a spring element which raises and lowers a key and closes an electric contact — rubber nipple-nipple (hereinafter simply, «spring»);
- films containing the contact conductive paths and playgrounds.
A typical keyboard-based laptop is the aluminum plate that has a swage line good with ears for fixing cots and pads, which is located under the three layer film with a conductive graphite track.
The reliability of the fastening of the swing provides uniformity of stroke and the absence of distortions when the key is pressed.
Please note that different manufacturers may be small structural differences in the form and types of clamps.
So if you need the first time to carry out the dismantling yourself, proceed carefully.
There are situations when it becomes necessary to completely remove and disassemble the button. For example, the ceasing, the lack of response on the screen when pressed, or deformation of the lugs securing the clamshell. To remove, disassemble, and insert the button in the laptop keyboard is quite easy.
For this you will need a thin flat tool such as a dental hook. As you know from the previous section, a swing attached to the cover in four places. Just flexing and «disrupt» it cannot — this distorts the swing and leads to their damage.
- first insert the tool between the fastening of the lid to ONE side of the lift and slightly turning axis, otsenivaet. Then raise it and similarly detach the other half. In the raised position of the mechanism, it is possible to see that the upper mounting point movable and lower fixed. The removal of the swing is convenient to start from a stationary fixtures;
- remove the clamshell. Have a small design features of different manufacturers and depending on the year of the laptop, but typically, the mechanism serves to forward one of the fasteners to withdraw from the engagement. Easy and quick removal will provide a conventional needle;
- if necessary, remove the spring, audited or repair of the ears Foundation, and additional cleaning from dust.
To insert a button on a laptop is very simple
Once again, carefully pre-inspect all fasteners, ears, antennae and grooves. If you have carefully studied device and design, read the procedure for disassembling, put in place out the item will not be difficult.
This process includes two simple steps:
- install a folding mechanism on a metal base — wind it up under a large, then slightly pushing on the 2 small ears;
- pressing lightly, put the lid on the clamshell (hear light click), which pre-fix the usual a paper clip in the raised position.
Please note that sometimes the cover will fall out with his swing. In such case it is necessary to disassemble, revise, and then install. Moreover, the first plug-in folding mechanism, and then the lid.
Can be described as the process may seem complicated, but once you have a chance to try and you’ll see that the insert button in the laptop keyboard is very simple!
Function keys («space», «register», «tab», «enter», etc.) are larger than the rest. This property requires a slightly different order of their installation. The reason for this is the presence of a metal stabilizer, which ensures a uniform pressing.
Type cover substrate are additional lugs to secure the amplifier rigidity.
And although everything else is exactly the same as described above, the installation of the long buttons on the clamshell carry out in three stages:
- in the first stage, carry out the installation of the stabilizer.
Wind the ends of the fasteners into the holes and fix in grooves that are directly on the keyboard;
- the second — pressed and connect the lower part of the cover surface with the cot;
- in the third stage, pressing lightly and seselkina the upper clips on the lid and swing, put her in her place.
Please note that some long keys (like the spacebar) are fixed to the two folding mechanism & stiffness.
As a rule, complex and time-consuming repairs yourself better not to start.
Dismantling faulty, poorly functioning or torn key you have, on the basis of careful research, make one of three decisions:
- to put it back «as is», without any changes;
- to purchase and install a new (can be used);
- to make a small repair or replacement parts from the «donor» and continue operation.
For the last point you may need the tools we talked about above.
Small repair of mechanical damage include:
- Assembly and installation in the slots of the popped up parts of the mechanism (often «crumbles» clamshell);
- correction the bent tabs in the metal base of the keyboard (for example, when falling on the keyboard of a heavy object);
- otkleivanie cracks, broken latches.
It is not necessary to repair the breakage of the retainers and swivel clamshell — better to find a «donor» or to replace the key entirely. Depends on the smoothness, softness and noiselessness of its operation.
The rubber spring is usually glued to the film with conductive tracks. Sometimes it may happen that it falls. In this case, before inserting a button in the laptop keyboard, carefully install it with the wider part towards the bottom exactly in the center. The displacement of the spring when installed is not allowed.
There is a problem with the keys? Try, if possible, fix it yourself. It is not difficult! You need only attentiveness, diligence, accuracy and a little time.
Having the necessary skills can, on occasion, to save the life of your pet, quickly eliminating the effects of moisture or greatly extend it, perform a General cleaning of dust and crumbs.
Tip: by the Way, before you disassemble the keyboard of your laptop, we highly recommend you to take a picture, just in case, the order of the keys. This will help to simplify and speed up the process is the reverse of Assembly!