How to fix error 769 while connecting to Internet
When connecting Internet through PPPoE some users may receive the following error message 769: the specified destination is not reachable. However, panic when a window with an error not worth it, because to fix it by yourself, without consulting the specialists.
The value of this message
The error code 769 may indicate the following:
- disconnected connection on a local network;
- disabled network card on the computer.
This error is quite common among users whose computers run on Windows XP.
Where to find the error
Often the error 769 is because the network card on your computer. Also, the cause may be a damaged modem drivers.
If the network connection is via cable, the cause of the error may lie in his damage.
Another cause with the inability to connect to the network may be a firewall. The firewall simply blocks the connection to the network.
That is, if the error occurs, but at first glance everything is in order? In this case, one should not exclude the possibility that the computer acts virus software that is quite likely to be the root of the problem.
Video: Problems connecting
When you connect to the Internet error 769
If the user sees at the time of the Internet connection error 769, to solve the problem, you must first verify that the network card on the computer.
Why we perform the following:
- to start, go to «start»;
- then go to «control Panel»;
- then in control panel go to «Performance and maintenance»;
- then click on the tab «System»;
- next, open the «Property system», find and click on the tab «Equipment»;
- then click «device Manager»;
- in «device Manager» click on «Network adapters»;
- then click the right mouse button on network card and choose «Use»;
- and the last thing you need to do is run the setup wizard network connections;
- connect to the Internet again.
How to remove banner from desktop to phone number? The answer here.
If the first method does not give results, it means that the problem might be in the absence of the LAN connection:
- first go to «start»;
- then find and click on «control Panel»;
- next, look for and go to «Network connections»;
- then look for the icons in small screens of gray. Icon monitors gray indicates that the LAN connection is absent;
- click on the icons to enable the local network. Once connected, the icons will be blue.
After done action you can try to connect to the network.
If these methods failed, you should scan your computer for viruses, which can also cause message: the specified destination is not reachable. To check your computer for viruses you can use free utilities such as, «DoctorWebCureit».
This article has been elaborated 769 error that occurs when connecting to the Internet, and the ways of its solution.