How to fix error 651 when connecting to the Internet
Error 651 may occur due to technical problems with the ISP or Your network hardware. This all involves the computer’s network card, router or modem. If you have Windows7, the sources of the problem can be even more. After reading this article, You will be able to achieve the desired result, that is, to connect the Internet to your computer quickly and independently.
What it is
Many people wonder what does the error 651 while connecting to Internet. This means that the system has a failure of some component, which is responsible for the network connection, then there is a connecting part between the network and the computer. Ins can be 100 % sure that I did everything right, but still the signal can not reach the PC or laptop. So how to fix this problem?
The first thing to do is to call Your provider and ask what it is. If he says that line everything is OK, then the problem should be solved at home on your own or, in extreme cases, hire a specialist who is versed in such situations. This article will be all painted in detail, so you first need to try to cope with this problem.
Video: Error 651 in Windows 8 how to fix
Causes and solutions to this problem
There are two types of network equipment that connects the signal from the ISP to Your computer. From this you also need to know what does the error 651 while connecting to Internet.
So, 2 types of network equipment:
- via cable, router, or network card that is installed inside the system unit;
- via cable * branching and network equipment, which are outside of your private property.
You are only responsible for the equipment that is in Your private property. The fix with your own hands can be in that case in that case if the failure occurred on Your equipment (this happens in 85 % of cases).
If You asked for help on the Internet, so I think that means error 651 when connecting to the Internet and how to cope with it. Let’s start with the network card.
How to fix the error if it occurred through a network card? Let’s deal.
A situation which may crash:
- saw a surge voltage, with the result that happened was a temporary glitch. In this case, you only need to restart the computer. Then the Internet should work fine;
- problems due to the lack of or removal (system error occurred) for the corresponding driver. First you need to check the driver is installed. Open device Manager (start—>control Panel—>Hardware and sound—>device Manager). In device Manager looking for the phrase Network adapters, click on it and see whether there is about installed drivers orange exclamation mark. If there is, it must be reinstalled. But first click on this driver, right-click and remove it from the computer.
- then in device Manager find the Network adapters (device Manager—>Action—>scan for hardware changes and select Network adapters). Click the right mouse button on the network card and then updated the driver. Windows will find them and reinstall;
- the network card might be broken, because every thing has its expiry date. How to fix this situation? You just need to replace it with a new one.
You need to install Ubuntu from a flash drive? How to install here.
Error 651 when connecting to the Internet through a router
What does the error 651 while connecting to Internet through a router? This means that the equipment is out of order. The first thing to do is to reboot the router. Most likely, the problem is that it «freezes». This can happen quite often, especially if the equipment is running without turning off. The router breaks down very rarely, so the reason for a long absence, the Internet is most likely something else.
Using cable Internet connection also may be lost. What are the reasons for this are:
- the cable was damaged (someone or something). For example, You have a dog that is still small and she needs something to chew on – here is the cable and caught the eye. Or if You have transferred the furniture and accidentally touched the power cord. To make it work, you need to check integrity of a cable;
- via cable may still fail if he «walked away» from the nest. Need to poke out the plug and plugging it back in until it clicks.
The registry change
You can also solve the problem by modifying the registry. It is quite a complicated procedure, but if You are a simple PC user, you can try.
First, you need to:
- to log in to the registry (the Windows folder —>regedit);
- next, look for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlsetservicestcpipparameters;
- then you need to create a DWORD value called Enable RSS and assign it a value of zero (0);
- after that, the error should disappear.
Important! If the error disappeared, you should consult a specialist. He will set everything up quickly and efficiently.
As you can see, error 651 could occur through router via cable and a network card. So first going to need to check before starting to solve the problem.