How to find stolen Android phone
Find your lost or stolen Android is simply. For Android there are many apps that can track a lost device.
A well-implemented function to find a missing phone in antivirus software. It can help not only track location but also remotely lock the device, erasing all personal information. We will understand what are the tools for finding a lost or stolen Android phone ?
You need to search for Android
To search for gadget Android users do not need to install additional software. It is only necessary to make a small tweak in device Manager Android (Android Device Manager). This method will allow you to locate the phone and remotely control the device from any computer (you just need to have a Google account).
Important! Since August 2013, the device Manager Android is available for accounts of ordinary users (previously access was only available to users of business accounts).
In order for device Manager appeared on the phone or tablet, no need to update OS since it is tied to the account, not the version of the operating system.
Video: Looking for a gadget
Android Device Manager from Google
Android Device Manager is a Google’s design for gadgets based on Android OS. With the help of the Device Manager, you can:
- to determine the coordinates of the location of a lost or stolen smartphone using GPS, GPSи Wi-Fi. To determine the coordinates of the device, even if the phone is installed another SIM card;
Important! To determine the localization of the gadget, it needs to be connected to the Internet. If the Internet was disabled, the location of the phone will be shown based on the last activity.
- remove personal data stored in the device. By removing data the gadget will be reset to the initial settings (factory);
Important! Deleting data from memory card can occur due to the following reason that ROM (internal memory of the gadget), which simulates an SD memory card is removed. If your phone has a separate memory card, then remove it from the information may or may not happen.
- to change the PIN-code lock screen;
- add additional contact number in case the device was lost. The person who finds it can certainly make a call from the lock screen. The owner can also send a TEXT message, which will be available for reading directly from the lock screen;
- to call on the phone for 5 minutes at maximum volume, even if set to silent mode.
Control Android remotely
Manage your Android remotely via the Internet from a web browser. This requires a smartphone or tablet was tied to a Google account. By default, Device Manager is disabled, so you need to activate this feature.
This will require:
- in Android settings go to the tab «Security»;
- then select «device Administrators»;
Important! If the version of the Android operating system was not updated, then the item «device Administrators» option.
- clicking on the «device Administrators» the user navigates to the tab «Remote management» where you need to put the box;
- activating the remote control, the user will see what permissions granted to the application;
- then at the bottom select «Activate»;
Important! Remember that Device Manager detects the location of your device according to the GSM and GPS;
- then, you have in Android settings to enable access to geo-data. This requires the smartphone to choose the tab «Location» and clicking on it to tick the box on the following points: «network location» and «GPS satellites»;
Important! If you define the location of the apparatus with coordinates of the network that is used for this Wi-Fi, the data will be most accurate.
After the done manipulations in the settings you can start the remote control gadget via the web interface.
For remote management via browser should:
- the first thing you need to do is click on this link https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager;
- by clicking on the link, you must log in to your Google account;
- the user will then be taken to the main window «Remote control Android».
On the main page has a toolbar Android Device Manager. Using this panel, you can make a call on your phone, customize lock screen, and delete data, to locate and rename the device.
To determine the location of the device must:
- in the upper part of the control panel Device Manager click on the icon «Define location». Device Manager will start the connection;
- after determining the coordinate locating apparatus, the map will be marked with a circle of blue color with the place of possible location of the gadget;
To rename a device, you must:
- in the top of the panel Device Manager click on the icon «Rename device»;
- next, a dialog box appears with the question about renaming. The user needs an empty field to enter a new name for the gadget.
A phone call
Using remote control Android you can also make a call to the machine. This can be done through the panel Device Manager, selecting the tab «Call device». The call will be audible even if the beep set to the minimum volume.
To make a call on your phone, you need:
- at the bottom of the control panel Device Manager click on the tab «Call back»;
- then will appear the dialog box «Enable sound alarm»;
- in the lower part of the window you should click on the tab «YES». After that, the phone will ring at maximum volume for five minutes.
Removal of information
AndroidDeviceManager allows not only to identify the location of the gadget and call on him, but also to remove all sensitive information from your smartphone or tablet. To remove information panel DeviceManager in the web browser.
To delete all data from your device should:
- in the bottom of the panel Device Manager select the tab «Customize lock and wipe»;
- then, if the function is activated, the Manager offered to send a notification to configure the functions of the blocking and deletion of data. Then come the activation notification;
After activating it in the control panel there will be small changes that will separate the tabs «Lock» and «Clear»;
- then you choose the tab «Clear»;
- after will pop up a dialog box «Delete all data». If you delete all data from your smartphone or tablet, it will return to factory settings;
- Then click at the bottom of the window click the «Clean up».
Talklog — tracking device
Talklog program from the same developer and you can track the location of a gadget to view text messages, listen to incoming and outgoing calls and many more.
Important! The program has a trial period of 12 hours, during this time, you can use the full functionality of the program absolutely free.
- to view incoming and outgoing SMS-messages;
- to determine the location of the smartphone;
- to view information about all calls;
- log on / off gadget;
- tracking install any kind of applications.
Installing the program:
- the user will then be redirected to the homepage of the program where you must click on the tab «Add a device»;
- after the user will be given a unique link to download the app for your smartphone;
- after that, the application needs to run on the gadget and allow him to identify the location;
- after installing the application, you must restart the smartphone;
- then, passing to the personal Cabinet on the website «Talklog», you will see displayed the monitored device.
Important! Talklog works on the device in hidden mode and has no functional impact on other applications.
How to determine the location of the device:
The program determines the location of the gadget with GPS and GSM. Talklog will help to determine the coordinates of the smartphone, given the longitude, latitude, altitude, and other parameters. To determine the location should:
- on the program website Talklog select the tab «Location»;
- then displays the data on the coordinates of the location.
In this article, the methods of determining the location of a lost or stolen Android device.