How to deal with the message, «Your computer is not online…» in Windows 8 and Windows 10
Try to log in to your account, but can’t because the system tells you «Your PC is offline. Log in using the last password that it used»? Don’t worry, this is not a reason to immediately reinstall your operating system or look for ways to perform complex procedures to reset the password. In this case, first try to perform simple steps which are outlined below, and after, if does not help, try to find other solutions to the problem.
1. While on the login screen in the system, press and hold the Shift key and then press «Restart» in the bottom right corner of the screen. The computer will not restart, but you will be taken to the menu special boot options.
2. On the Select action click troubleshoot, then advanced options and then Command prompt. This time the computer will restart and you will see the preparation process the command line.
3. To start the command line interface, enter the password to your account.
4. In the command prompt window type regedit and press Enter to start registry editor.
5. In the registry window, open the following key:
6. Inside the section StoredIdentities you will see separate sections for each account system. All you need to do is to define a subsection of the account with which you are having problems and remove it.
7. Close the command prompt and select continue to use the operating system.
8. Also go to device management Microsoft (you can do with your phone, for example), log in to your account and remove the device on which you have any problem with the entrance. To do this, simply click on the link «Remove computer».
Now try to log in. The problem should disappear.