How to configure router ZTE F660
A router is a network equipment, allowing for multiple devices to access the Internet (computers, tablets, smartphones and more). Today’s range of routers allows you to choose exactly what is appropriate in a particular case the most.
Review of routers
There are several models that are optimal for use at home:
- Zte E5501;
- Zte H118N;
- Zte E5502;
- Zte ZXA10 f660.
This device supports multiple interfaces:
- 4 port RJ-45 (which allows you to work with the data through the network interface, cable type is automatically detected);
- operates on standard 802.11 n (2.4 GHz);
- there are two fixed antennas providing stable operation of the Wi-Fi.
In addition to the supported interfaces this device has many other features, which make its use quite convenient and easy.
A router of this type in its design has:
- USBv.2 in the amount of 1 PC to connect 3Gмодема (which is optional);
- 4 port to connect the cable and compressed connector RJ-45;
- Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11 n).
The maximum data transfer speed of this device is 300 Mbps. Also it supports several data encryption technologies – WEP, WPA, WPA2.
Consider the router from a renowned company is not inferior to his classmates:
- 4 port to connect the cable via the connector, RG-45;
- supported: IEEE 802.11 n (maximum transfer rate – 300 Mbps);
- there are two antennas for operation in the 2.4 GHz range;
Encryption at the device in question is the most broad:
- WEPс technology 64/128 bit;
- WPA2 Interprise and many others.
ZteZXA 10 F660
Router ZTE has not only excellent performance, but also a relatively low price.
It is easy to configure and supports all the required technologies:
- there are 4 connectors for RG-45;
- 2 connector to work with a POTS interface (RG-11);
- successfully works with Wi-Fi technology;
- a connector for connecting USB devices.
Select the device
When choosing a router for home you should consider the following important points:
- easy set up – so that in case you have any problems, you can eliminate them without causing a specialist;
- price – this issue is particularly relevant for those families with many children;
- features Wi-Fi module.
The simpler the design, the easier it is to configure. That is why you should give your preference to those routers which does not require dancing with a tambourine during a connection and start working. This will save a lot of time.
Video: How to open a port on a router of ZTE ZXA10 F660
The price range is very important. To date, there is no sense to buy expensive devices. As even the youngest in the line model have on Board all that is required for comfortable work with Wi-Fiсетью at home. Do not overpay for brand models are usually such expenditure is not fully justified.
Choosing the best option for the price, you should not buy a very cheap model. As is often for extremely low price is not the highest quality of manufacture, which may result in a short time breaking.
Wi-Fi module must have an antenna located outside the housing. Since antennas of this type have to cover a large area. Very importantly, if the apartment or house have a lot of square footage. Also, the antenna should if necessary be removed and replaced – as can want extension of coverage.
The optimal choice in all respects — router ZTE ZXA10 F660. He has many virtues, as well as a fairly low price (given the fairly good options).
Connecting to a PC
The easiest part of the router settings ZTE – connect it to the PC. This operation is performed in the following order:
- included the device is the power supply. You need to connect it to the router and be inserted into the receptacle;
- be sure to connect to the router for further configuration to your PC. This can be done through the link cable bundled with the device – patch cord;
- when both of the preceding paragraph is made, press the on/off button (present on the rear of the case);
- installed the device driver, they are also available in the package with the device (CD-ROM). In their absence you need to download them from the Internet.
How to configure router ZTE Wi-Fi? Manage settings to be set using the WEB interface, which you can get into via any installed on the PC browser. For example, internet explore. In the address bar, enter the following combination of numbers and characters http://192.168.1.1. If the router is connected to the computer according to the instructions, a dialog will appear where you can enter a username and password.
Default password and username is admin (only Latin letters). When the fields are filled in, click «Login». Next, a window will appear in green and white.
In the upper part the following tabs are available:
Each tab allows you to manage a particular section.
To set up Wi-Fi should perform the following steps:
- go to «Network» — «WLAN» — «Basic»;
- in the column «WirelessRFMode» select status «Enabled»;
- the last step is to click the button called «Submit».
The given list of actions carried out by the inclusion of Wi-Fi.
Special attention should be paid to the section called «Multi-SSID».
Optional this section allows you to designate the network as public and private for various kinds of devices:
- SSIDName– this item allows you to call any name of a custom network;
- MaximumClients – the maximum number of simultaneously connected devices (this model supports 32 PCs.);
- EnableSSID – enable or disable variable in the network;
- HideSSID – hiding the wireless network;
- ChooseSSID – selection variable Wi-Fi network.
Also there is a Security section where you can configure the following items:
- ChooseSSID – select the network configuration that will be used;
- WPAPassphrase – select the encryption key length it may be 8-32 characters;
- Authentication – select the type of encryption and authentication;
- WPAEncryptionAlgorithm– in this section you can select the appropriate encryption algorithm (AES Tkil same).
When choosing a password it is advisable to follow the following guidelines:
- the presence of lower and upper case letters (in random order);
- password length should be not less than 10 symbols;
- having the numbers is also desirable.
By following these simple recommendations will make the network as secure as possible.
Configuration router ZTE for providers
Router ZTE ZXA10 F660 is configured differently, depending on which provider is Internet service provider (MGTS, Rostelecom, Ukrtelecom).
Setting the operator requires special care as it must take into account all the nuances:
- under «Network» you must open the box «WLAN»;
- putting a checkmark next to «EnabledWireless», you can activate Wi-Fi;
- the item «Mode» allows you to choose the operation mode is «Mixed»;
- the choice of region «Country»;
- «BandWidth» — the range (40 MHz);
- «Chanel» channel mode must be set to «Auto»;
- the Submit button allows you to finish the setup and keep it.
In the section «Multi-SSIDSettings» and «Security»all settings are set according to the attached to the device of the user.
Special attention should be paid to the section «AccessControlList». «Mode» must be set to «Block». «MACAddress» — 00:13:e0:81:97:ee.
Configuring the router to work with a service provider «Rostelecom» is not a big deal.
You must perform the following steps:
- go to the section «Network»-«WLAN»-«Basic»;
- the column «Mode» is set to Mixed (802.1 b+802.11 g+… .);
- in box «Country» select the region «Russia»;
- in the item «Channel» is set to «Auto»;
- «Transmitting Power» Is 100%.
When the above steps are finished, you should configure the section «Multi-SSIDSettings»:
- «ChooseSSID» set SSID;
- put a checkmark in «EnableSSID»;
- «SSIDName» allows you to select the network name.
After all the settings click «Submit».
For correct settings of the model router providera «MGTS» you must perform the following steps in strict order:
- open any browser, in the address bar write http://192.168.1.1;
- enter username and password;
- in the opened window go to the «Network»;
- in the «WLAN» find «WirelessRFMode»;
- set the status to «Enable»;
- click «Submit».
This will allow you to activate Wi-Fi. Other settings are made in accordance with the manual that came with the router.
Also be required you need to configure a section called Multi-SSID. This section allows you to set a personal identifier for a network and want to hide it. All tinctures are made individually dependent on the personal preferences of the user.
A section called «Securiry» allows you to configure the encryption settings and password to connect to the network.
Router ZTEZxa10 F660 — optimal device in terms of the ratio price-quality. A great choice for home and office. This network equipment is easily configurable, compact and reliable.