How to configure router Netgear WNR1000
The model that we will discuss today is the revamped interface that makes it much easier to handle it. However, he completely Russified, it makes life easier for those who have problems with English. The router supports the most popular today, the range of 802.11 n.
In General, this device can advise not only ordinary users, but for experienced system administrators. The fact that it allows you to create a network by the method of port forwarding. That is very useful and practical.
Before you configure wifi router Netgear WNR1000 need to assemble the device, removing from the factory box. Don’t forget what’s in the box besides the power supply should be power cord, which will connect the computer to the router.
For the first time, you will need to perform the following manipulation:
- insert the Internet cable from the ISP to the port yellow;
- in any of the free ports installed the patch cord (the other end is inserted into the connector of the network card of the computer);
- turning on the power by pressing the Power button;
- immediately should turn on all the relevant indicators.
At this stage you should also ensure the proper operation of your network adapters. In particular, you need to go into network connections and verify that the appropriate connections. In his absence, you will need to find online all the necessary drivers.
Tip: if you do not want or do not know how to do a manual search for drivers (via an identification code of the device), you can use special software to search for all the necessary data.
If you use a router that has already been used, you will have to reset the configuration to factory standards. To do this, wait a few minutes after switch on, press the Reset button and hold it for 10-15 seconds. As a result, all the settings will come to the original view, and will be issued a new ip.
In the end, restart the router and computer. This will avoid many unpleasant mistakes.
The entrance to the interface
It is worth noting that now the new models extend the interface has been updated (with firmware 220.127.116.11). If desired, you can use the old interface (it seems more comfortable). However, we used to go up with time, so consider setting the latest version.
So, to start the interface, do the following:
- restart the router and computer;
- open any installed browser;
- in the address bar typed 192.168.1.1 and press Enter;
- next, the system will ask to enter user data. In the username field enter admin and in the password string – password;
- this will open a graphical interface which will be the basis for further manipulations.
Configuring the router Netgear WNR1000
Having dealt with the preliminary procedures, go to the main manipulations. Do note that there are several different protocols. The choice depends on the provider.
First, let’s configure under the DHCP. The assignment of these parameters are not characterized by high complexity.
Do the following:
- open the main menu;
- on the left, choose the item «Internet»;
- opens the settings menu. Top leave everything unchanged (ip auto);
- getting DNS addresses also leave it in automatic mode;
- The MAC address can be put under your computer. However, this procedure is needed only if the ISP bind to the MAC address;
- when ready, click the apply button. As a result, all changes are saved in the device memory, and the connection is activated automatically;
- go to the tab «router status» button to verify the connection was created. If it is missing, try to verify the integrity of the cable and the connector.
This Protocol is today the most common. According to statistics, every second ISP uses it.
For setting Rroe do the following:
Please note! If you use ADSL modem, configured as router, the Netgear wnr1000 will need to configure the DHCP mode. Otherwise customizable to fit Rroe.
- click on the icon «Internet» on the right.
- select the item to configure Rroe;
- at the top of the checkbox change the value to «Yes»;
- in the connection method window, looking for Rroe and set it;
- next you need to enter user data. You can find in the contract on the Internet. In his absence, you can go to the office of your provider, which will give all the data you want;
- connection mode choose «always active»;
- a dynamic ip address leave it in the automatic mode;
- DNS server is also subject to dynamic;
- the only item that needs changing is to set clone mode MAC addresses. To do this, put a check next to «Use the MAC address of the PC»;
- at the end press the icon «apply»;
- after 10-15 seconds, all changes will take effect;
- go to the item «router status» to verify a correct installation of the settings.
Now consider the L2TP Protocol which is used by many providers (for example, Beeline).
To configure the device, so do the following:
- offered connection method – L2ТР;
- the connection is always active;
- server you need to enter an ip address that is specified in the agreement;
- DNS address – select automatic receiving (provider);
- MAC address – selected by default;
- all other fields leave unchanged.
- at the end press the icon «apply».
Video: configuration of the Router Netgear WNR1000
Note that the device is very non-standard interface. So many users, initially quite difficult to ask quite difficult. In the main interface on top you need to put a tick next to «enable wifi». Then you need to choose advanced mode and in the menu «configure Wi-Fi».
Going into this tab, you will need to make such manipulations:
- to create and enable the future connection.
Important! Do not use Russian letters and special symbols.
- select your region;
- in the select channel number select the option «auto»;
- mode leave «default». If you intend to work in the range with 802.11 n, you should set the «up to 150Mbps»;
- the types of encryption choose any one method and create a password. Try to make it as difficult as possible;
- press the icon «apply»;
- go back and put the check in the «enable Wi-Fi».
Many modern routers are equipped with the ability to view Internet TV. To have this opportunity became available, you will need to use specialized software (e.g., iptv-player). This kind of utilities you can find online and download for free.
These applications are automated. You only need to run them, and they are all the duties upon himself.
In the described router built UPnP option which speeds up many popular programs. By default it is usually enabled. It can be embedded in such utilities such as ICQ, Skype, Agent, torrent and others.
The use of such tools will not only speed up these applications, but also gives the opportunity to use them for all computers in the network. This option is very useful if you have in the house is a few computers and other devices.
It should be noted that this is not all that this device is capable of. In fact, developers have tried to equip different functions. So the official ROM is a unique tool to enforce parental control.
It works by means of Open DNS. As a result, the user administrator will be able to manually specify a list of permitted and prohibited Internet resources. The result is maximum safety.
Also has the ability to activate port forwarding.
This is done as follows:
- open the advanced settings;
- next, select «initiate port»;
- click on the icon «add a service»;
- choose any name for the new service;
- defined by its type (that is, the desired Protocol);
- specify the range start and end ports;
- specify the ip address of our server;
- in the end don’t forget to click on the icon «apply».
That’s about it. As you can see, to deal with such a device is a snap and it can manage any user. However, if you have any problems creating a connection, first check the integrity of the cable from the provider.