How to configure ADSL modem user manual
One of the most common ways to connect today with the aid of the ADSL modem type. Configuring this device is not a big deal, you just have a minimal understanding of how it works, and owning a computer at the user level.
Some nuances do exist. They vary depending on the provider, as the connection parameters to each can vary widely. Some may assign their customers static IP addresses, can also have various other features settings. Many users wish to customize the operation of the Internet through the ISP->ADSL modem->Wi-Fi router. To create the connection in bridge mode should already have some knowledge of configuring network equipment. Since setting this kind of perform is not so simple.
The connection of the equipment (ADSL modem, wifi router)
To connect ADSL modem you must have not only the device itself, but also other details. Without them, PC connection and telephone lines will be impossible. You will need a network card and a splitter. Network card required for communication between the modem and the PC. Splitter will be needed for other purposes. Even when the ADSL modem is connected to the Internet, a telephone line is available for calls. So often I use splitter, it allows you to connect to the telephone line both a modem and a regular telephone.
The splitter has several nests. Most often it is:
- line (for connection of a telephone line);
- modem (connect the modem);
- phone (connect phone).
Connect the modem to the PC and the telephone line is performed in the following order:
- the network cable is connected at one end to the modem, the second to the connector on the network card of the PC;
- the modem connects to the socket on the splitter using a regular telephone cable (on the socket there is an inscription «Modem»);
- all other devices connect to the line only after the splitter, otherwise third-party devices will interfere with the.
Login to the WEB interface
When ADSL modem is connected, it remains only to carry out configuration via the WEB interface. It is standard for most devices of this type.
Configures the following (D-Link DSL-2500U):
- in the address bar of any WEB browser, you need to enter 192.168.1.1;
- in the opened window you will need to fill in three fields:
- user: admin;
- password: admin;
- when all fields are filled, click «OK»;
- opens a WEB interface that allows you to configure the modem and select the item «AdvancedSetup»;
- in the opened window you should find the item «Remove» and put a tick there;
- when the old settings are removed, click «Save/Reboot».
You can then configure your ADSL modem in accordance with the requirements of the provider. All old settings have been removed.
How to configure ADSL modem in router mode
You first need to reset your ADSL modem. Only then you can proceed directly to setting it up in router mode.
When this operation is successful, you can go to the WEB interface to begin configuration: in the browser address bar you must enter 192.168.1.1 (for modem D-LinkDSL-2500UBRU):
- go to the «WAN»;
- click on the button «ADD», thus opening the settings window, connection type is «PPPoE»;
- you should set the following parameters:
- VPIи VCI – value of the Internet channel;
- «static IP» must only be specified if the provider provides this service;
- the fields «name» and «password»;
- selects the encapsulation mode (LLC most commonly);
- also it is necessary to use such an option as «NAT», «WAN-service» and «Firewall».
After setup is complete, you can safely click «Apply». ADSL how router is configured. Next, you can start configuring the modem through Wi-Fi.
Video: configuring the ADSL modem in bridge mode
Be configured correctly on Windows 7 PPPoE connection is quite simple.
To do this, perform the following steps in strict order:
- using the «start» button, go to the control panel;
- open «control center network and sharing»;
- in the section «setup network connection» choose «connect to Internet»;
- select «broadband (PPPoE)»;
- in the next window enter the login name and password, click «connect»;
- when the connection is established, to carry out as can be very simple (the icon is on the taskbar in the left part).
Proeesses network layer Protocol used for frame transmission Rreret the Internet. Most often used various xDSL services.
Today most of different devices surf the Internet using the built-in Wi-Fi modules. That is why most users configures their ADSLмодемы to work with Wi-Fi routers.
To perform this connection in the following way:
- plug Internet cable into the LAN port located at the rear part of the housing of the modem;
- in the modem settings via WEB interface go to Network->Lan to open the tab DHCPSetupи disable the DHCP server.
- click «Apply» to save settings;
- parameters such as subnet mask, IP address, gateway, and DNS server are written manually;
- customized secure Wi-Fi connection via menu Wireless Lan;
- then in network settings Wi-Fi router is required to record certain provider: subnet mask, IP address, IP gateway address, and DNS server.
Many people ask themselves the question: how to configure ADSL modem and Wi-Fi-router mode, eliminating the occurrence of various errors? Make it pretty easy, just carefully read the supporting documentation.
Configuring the modem in a mode «bridge»
To configure your ADSL modem in bridge mode, you must perform the following steps:
- go to the setup mode via the WEB interface, which is enough to enter in the browser address bar 192.168.1.1;
- after entering the username and password put a tick in two places («GotoAdvancedSetup» and «Clickheretoalwaysstart … .»);
- next, you need to go to the menu Network->WAN. Zakladke Internet Connection stabilizin «Bridge»;
- in the «Encapsulation» is necessary to write an RFC 1483;
- click «Apply».
Setup is complete.
The web settings
The web settings are different for different operators. Thus, if the ADSL modem and WI-FI routers were configured with the operator «Rostelecom», they will not work on the line «MGTS».
The web settings for «Rostelecom»
Configuring ADSL modems for this operator are typical:
- the encapsulation mode – LLC;
- connection type – Bridge;
- VPI – 0;
- QoS – UBR.
After entering all parameters, click «Apply». To configure ADSL modem Rostelecom as everyone else, it’s easy, you just have to input all the necessary parameters through the WEB interface.
The web settings for «WOW»
For normal operation on the Internet using ISP «OGO» on the modem you must enter the following data:
- VPI – 1;
- VCI – 32;
- job type modem PPPoE;
- the encapsulation mode – LLC/SNAP-BRIDGING.
The web settings for «MGTS»
Settings that you must set in ADSL modem to connect to the operator, MGTS, is specific:
- the encapsulation mode – LLC/SNAP;
- operation mode «Bridging».
Also it is necessary to tick confirming automatically obtain an IP address from the ISP.
If necessary, you can easily create a local network with shared Internet access via an ADSL modem. The best option would be to organize a network using Wi-Fi router, as this will avoid confusion of wires.
In order to configure the local network need only perform in a strict order the following:
- to configure TCP/IP (mask, DNS servers);
- to configure various related services (DHCP users and others);
- to configure the settings of a local wireless network, it is important to pay special attention to security (in settings select the encryption type WPA-PSK);
- you are configuring a connection to the Internet.
The scheme is implemented this way, is quite simple. Between the global network and the PC is only two devices: Wi-Fi router and ADSL modem. Either one, if the ADSL modem has a built-in Wi-Fi module, allowing him to work in router mode.
Configuring ADSL modem in conjunction with a Wi-Fi router is not a big deal. It is only important to carefully study the technical documentation supplied with the network equipment. And the setup guide provided by the provider.
The ADSL technology is not new, but still used quite widely by different providers. Although it is not convenient because you need a dedicated ADSL modem. But its cost is not great, and many operators provide the network equipment. Setting up this type of connection is quite simple, it is only important to take into account all the nuances and peculiarities of creating a connection, and also bundles Wi-Fi router and ADSL modem