How to configure a router Zyxel Keenetic 4G for providers
Keenetic 4G router designed for Internet connectivity via 3G and 4G networks. It allows you to combine into a single network multiple computers or other devices located within range of the particular cellular operator.
In this article we will discuss all the subtleties of connection in this router for each of the most popular providers, will tell you about its configuration, firmware, and other important aspects that may face the user during operation.
Considering our model as a whole is very similar to its predecessors. The top of the case is made of glossy white plastic, which at the sides becomes gray. On the front panel is a standard set of indicators that is added to another – «4G».
The size of the device compact, so it is only 3 Ethernet ports (WAN and LAN). Ventilation of the router is carried out through grilles on the side panels.
Let’s start the connection. First, let’s consider the integration of this model. It includes:
- the router itself;
- power supply;
- network patch cord;
- USB extension cable;
- manual and a CD with the necessary software.
To connect and install Zyxel Keenetic 4G, do the following:
- connected to the device antenna, power supply and network cable;
- insert the network adapter, the network cable to the appropriate port on your PC, raise the antenna;
- set the router on the Desk or a vertical surface (it is a special space for the screws);
- using a USB extension cable to place the modem where signal quality is best.
Attention! When installing the router, make sure that the side panels do not overlap other household objects to provide a device needs ventilation.
Setup via Wizard
Start configure the router ZyxelKeenetic 4Gчерез master. It allows you to start the device with factory settings and connect automatically, without long reading of instructions and attempts to delve into the technical details.
To run it, insert the disc supplied with the device and follow the simple instructions. The alternative to this method is the quick setup through the web browser, which we consider below.
Configuration via browser
Move on to setting up our connection:
- when connected to the router run any of the installed browsers;
- in the address bar enter «my.keenetic.net or 192.168.1.1.»;
- on the main page, click «Quick setup»;
- when you see the message «Internet cable not plugged in» – connect it to the input «0» (highlighted in blue), then click «Next»;
- the system will start the connection test;
- in the next window, enter the MAC address or if the provider does not register – select the appropriate item;
- click «Next» and go to the settings of the IP address is «Automatic» and again «Next»;
Attention! If you are using a static IP address, you must select manual receive and enter all the necessary data that can be found in the documentation from the provider or contact the technical support.
- enter the login name and password received from the provider;
- next, you need to choose the connection Protocol – it will depend on the service provider (for detailed connection information for each of the most popular providers, see below);
- completing the process.
Video: overview of the 3G/4G router ZyXEL Keenetic 4G
Setting parameters for providers
We will connect and configure the router Zyxel Keenetic 4G for each of the popular providers. In each case the process is slightly different.
Remember! In different regions of the same provider may use a different connection protocols, therefore, before the connection settings will have more information. The Protocol type is usually specified in the documentation issued by the service provider. Also with this issue you can contact our technical support.
For Rostelecom’s network, we need to set the PPPoE connection.
This is done as follows:
- go to the menu «Internet» and «Connection»;
- find the «IP settings» and the «No address»;
- if the contract with the provider present the list of IP addresses of DNS servers, then complete the corresponding fields, otherwise, if the servers are dynamic, leave this field blank;
- also, if the service provider uses filtering by MAC address, find the «Use MAC address» and then «From computer»;
- in the window that appears, specify the address of a computer on the local network from which you want to connect to the Internet;
- click «apply» to save the changes.
Now you need to configure the authorization settings:
- open the menu «Internet», then «Authorization»;
- when using the provider Protocol and 802.1 x (to clarify this information in technical support), select the checkbox next to the appropriate option;
- after that, specify the method of authentication through login and password;
- in the «access Protocol» set «PPPoE»;
- the column «service Name» and «hub Name» can be left blank, if the ISP has provided this information – fill on request;
- enter your user name and password assigned by the service provider;
- click «Apply».
To set up the Internet center to work with the network Beeline, we need to understand the type of connection L2TP.
For settings, do the following:
- go to the menu «Internet», «Connect»;
- in the «IP settings» set manually or automatically;
Attention! For manual type settings will need to specify the IP address, primary gateway, DNS servers and netmask. All these data are provided by the provider in the documentation for connection, or may be specified in the technical support. Also, if you want to specify DNS server addresses manually, remove the check mark next to the option automatically obtain and enter the data manually.
- when using filtering by MAC addresses, go to the «Use MAC address»;
- select «computer» and your current IP («option to the address you specify in manual mode»);
- click «Apply».
Go to the settings-authorization:
- go to «Internet» and «Authorization»;
- if the operator of the Internet connection uses 802.1 x, note that this option and specify the authorization type with the need to enter login and password;
- next to «Protocol of the Internet» – «L2TP»;
- as server address, specify the IP address or the name of the L2TP domain;
- enter the login name and password you selected when signing the contract with the service provider;
- click «Apply» and save your changes.
If you use the services of MegaFon, the connection will be as follows:
- open the menu «Internet» and then «Authorization»;
- specify automatic or manual obtain an IP address;
- in the column «Use MAC address» click «From computer» and select your address in the local network;
- save the settings by pressing «Apply».
Proceed to setting up the authorization process:
- open the menu «Internet» and select the appropriate item;
- set using the 802.1 x Protocol, if your ISP uses it (find out this information from the documentation or the technical support service);
- type authorization using login and password;
- as server address enter the current IP address or name of the PPTP domain;
- write login data (username and password) and save changes.
Video: WiFi router Zyxel Keenetic 4G
How to configure a router Zyxel Keenetic 4g Yota
This router model is a certified member of the «Yota Ready», this means that to get started, simply connect the modem to the router. So:
- connect the modem to automatically connect to 4G Internet.
- start the browser and copy «192.168.1.1» into the address bar;
- specify the user name and password, and then enter the main menu and start to work.
4G: plug and play
How to set 4G for other providers? It is also very simple:
- go to the web interface of the router by typing in the browser 192.168.1.1″;
- open the section «USB-application» and choose «3G/4G»;
- include USB modem;
- specify their location by selecting the appropriate option from the drop-down list;
- choosing the provider with whom you have contracted;
- the values of the fields «APN service», «Dial Number» and «PIN code» (different for each provider) – update from the technical support service;
- write down the username and password;
- specify the model of your router (Zyxel Keenetic 4G) or leave the automatic determination of this parameter;
- save the settings and reboot the device.
Wi-Fi repeater is a special device that helps to broadcast the signal, that is, to increase the zone of coverage. How to turn our router into a device?
We describe this procedure step by step:
- open the browser and go to address «http://192.168.1.1/RU/station.html» (or select «Internet» and then «Wi-Fi», if you are already in the settings menu);
- include wifi client and then click the «Browse networks»;
- in the list that appears, select the network you want to connect;
- in the «network Key» enter the password for this network;
- restarting the device.
After that all devices connected to the router will have access to this connection.
Connecting the router via a LAN, follow these steps:
- open the home network;
- if needed change the IP address and click «Apply»;
- in DHCP server settings, leave «Enable»;
- enter the DNS server addresses manually or leave them on automatic setting;
- click «Apply».
To configure the wifi, we will need:
- from the main menu go to «Internet» and then «Wi-Fi»;
- select the tab «operation Mode» create a wireless network by selecting «access Point», save changes;
- open the tab «access Point», set network name, choose the level of protection (maximum recommended), enter the security key;
- click «Apply».
There was a need to update the firmware of the device? For this you’ll need to download the firmware file from the official website and then install it.
- connect to the web interface, go to the tab «System» and then «Configuration»;
- downloaded new firmware;
- click on the file «firmware»;
- in the window «Control file» specify the directory where you stored the downloaded firmware, open it;
- click «Replace» and run the upgrade process.
Attention! During firmware update do not unplug the power, wait for installation to complete and reboot the device.
Next, we will explain how to reset this router. The need for this arises when the errors and failures that prevent normal operation of the device. To return the router to its original factory settings is a snap.
For this purpose there is a «Reset» button, which should hold for a few seconds. The router will reboot and all settings will return to factory default.
Important! When you restore default settings, all changes you have made while working with the router will be reset. To use this procedure should only as a last resort when other ways to solve the problem do not help.
We have considered all the stages of the build and customization of this popular router. If you have any questions on the above instructions or you want to share your experiences – use the comment below.