This error occurs due to incorrectly installed printer. When printing a document, the computer freezes and you cannot log in to the printer settings, i.e. START -> SETTINGS -> PRINTERS. There is a bug spoolsv.exe has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
1. Try to replace the file spoolsv.exe the same file taken from another installed operating system. It is located in the folder c:windowssystem32 (c: — drive with the operating system). If not, read on…
2. Try to remove all printers. To do this, turn off the print spooler in Windows services (START — settings — CONTROL PANEL — administrative tools — SERVICES). Then enter in START -> SETTINGS -> PRINTERS. Enable the print spooler. Select all the printers and delete them. Even uninstall all the drivers for printers. To do this, click the right mouse button in an empty space in the window PRINTERS and select SERVER PROPERTIES:
Then go to the tab DRIVERS and uninstall all drivers.
3. If the printers failed to remove, start the registry of WINDOWS (START -> RUN and typeregedit).
Warning: if you delete keys in the registry file can crash down the operating system.
4. In the Windows registry, delete the values in the following sections:
HKLMSYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlPrintEnvironmentsWindows NT x86DriversVersion-3:
5. The same make in sledujushej sections:
HKLMSYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlPrintEnvironmentsWindows NT x86DriversVersion-2
HKLMSYSTEMControlSet001ControlPrintEnvironmentsWindows NT x86DriversVersion-2
HKLMSYSTEMControlSet001ControlPrintEnvironmentsWindows NT x86DriversVersion-3
6. Remove all the values in the following registry keys (except default values):
The default values are:
AppleTalk Printing Devices
BJ Language Monitor
PJL Language Monitor
Standard TCP/IP Port
Windows NT Fax Monitor
7. Then restart the computer.
8. Install the required printers.