Creating a connection to remote desktop Windows 7
If you need access to another computer at a distance, it is sufficient to use a simple tips for setting up and connecting to the desktop.
- connection to the network;
- permission to install such a regime;
- network user access to another PC, and permission for such operation;
- definition by name;
- confidence in the resolution of network firewall for this connection;
- added the password to the desired account (when in the current record to enter the password is not required).
Why is it necessary
The main goal – quick access folders and files located in the distance (another PC).
This can come in handy:
- service workers;
- and anyone wishing to obtain information from another source.
What issues can be addressed:
- access to the program, which is included on the home PC;
- transfer important files remaining on your home PC due to forgetfulness;
- the solution of the difficulties relatives or friends with a PC at a distance.
Everything is done simply through local or global network.
In Windows 7 to connect to a remote desktop you have to pass three stages:
- to run the program: start menu, then All programs accessories, and select connection to desired place;
- to configure the program and print the label:
- click Settings — General section;
- in logon settings, specify the name of the second computer and user as Will be issued;
- see Screen color depth to 16 bits specify;
- the Local resources section:
- for sound to configure the option — «do Not reproduce»;
- for the local devices and resources, select «Clipboard»;
- next, click the «read More». To indicate the connected local drives. For clipboard work necessary to put the bird near the system;
- in the Advanced section, leave the box next to «Permanent caching and reconnection at break»;
- again go to the General tab and click «Save as»;
- to specify the file name — in our case it is the Server and path to save;
After that a shortcut will be created.
- to connect to the server. When such operation will be carried out for the first time, POPs up a warning window which you should close and continue working.
To a computer on the local network
To make a connection to a computer on the local network should:
- click on start, choose in turn: All programs, then accessories, and Connection to needed table;
- here click Settings to open the dialog to view them;
- in the Advanced tab of the Connection from any place to select «Options»;
- in the gateway server Settings, select check boxes:
- automatically detect gateway server settings to all desktops.
- use the following server settings, rd gateway;
- do not use rd gateway server for local addresses (this is selected by default);
Note: the box need to be removed when the computer is connected to the LAN.
The switch should be left in the case of a permanent connection to the LAN.
- next, the user needs to select an action:
- to save the settings and close the window click: Save, then Cancel.
- to save the settings to another location — Save as;
- to connect to the local network, click to Connect and fill in the fields with the credentials.
Video: remote desktop
To a remote PC via the Internet
In Windows operating system there are a couple of components for remote connection: Remote Desktop Connection, Remote Assistance. The second advantage is that manageable doesn’t require user presence.
To connect you need to:
- check the connection of both your PC with Internet;
- go to the control Panel — Properties — remote settings — Allow Remote assistance connections to this computer;
- in the managed PC using the start button to enter the «RemoteAssistance» in the search bar. Click: Invite assistant;
- you should send the invitation;
- after him, the one who controls the computer starts RemoteAssistance as in the third paragraph;
- you need to agree to the connection;
- next, you should take it over. Guest in the upper left corner may use button to Request control.
Note that subsequent connections will require less number of stages.
Connecting to remote desktop
To perform this connection, you need:
- check connection to local network or Internet;
- to connect to the desktop menu «start», find «Properties» — «advanced system settings»;
- in the appearing window go to «Remote access», to put an end to: «Allow remote assistance connections»;
- to give permission to control your PC by pressing «Advanced»;
- add the user that will be connecting to a remote computer — go to «start» then «control Panel» and «user Accounts» and select «Add or remove user accounts»;
- go back to «Configure remote access». You need to write: «Select user» then «Add, Addition», and at the end of the Search. Specify the administrator username created and click «OK»;
- go to the host PC: start — All programs, choose the Standard Connection to a remote desktop. Specify the IP address to connect to the computer;
- when all the blanks are filled in, specify the username and password;
- to get to the desktop, which is removed, must agree in answering the question about the credibility of such a connection.
Create a network through the program
Using Ethernet is no surprise. Computer users, prisoners in such a network, receive access information of each other, and the possibility of its editing. But it refers to connected between wires of the PC.
If they are – will help VLAN. To work with them — created a special program.
There are two groups:
- the first allows you to submit one of the computers as the server. To communicate is through a Protocol Bit Torrent.
- the second may include those in which the chief acts as the server software vendor. You must register on its website.
RAdmin — a software for remote access to a PC with a graphical interface. It provides the ability to transfer files, voice and text messages.
The program is divided into two parts:
- RAdmin Viewer;
- RAdmin Server.
To start server component is installed, with a password. By rebooting the PC, the user can observe the remote desktop and perform the operation as if he is there.
Another opportunity of the program — tuning the image quality. This is useful when low-speed Internet.
RAdmin allows you to use different modes:
- file transfer;
- text message;
- text and voice chat.
But this program has disadvantages:
- everything contained in the clipboard — requires manual synchronization;
- regular password when connecting;
- the Drag&Drop method does not work;
- are computer which has «gray» IP address.
TeamViewer is a free tool to control the computer at a distance.
The program enables the following operations:
- of the conference;
- voice and video;
- chat with multiple users;
- data exchange;
- shutdown PC;
- to record the session.
A feature of the installation is running in portable mode.
The interface is simple enough. On the left side, you enter the ID and password which you can change. Under the password of uncontrolled access to connect from anywhere.
On the right you enter the ID of another user.
The actual connection is carried out in two modes:
- file transfer;
- remote control.
Conference modes include multiple users and allow you to hold meetings, presentations, work together.
Managing file transfer is carried out with the help of the Manager.
You can create, delete files and folders, print documents, take pictures with screen and so on.
Google Chrome Remote Desktop
Google Chrome Remote Desktop is a program that allows you to quickly connect to another PC. The latest revision supports mobile devices.
To configure this tool need Google Chrome:
- in the search enter: chrome.google.com/remotedesktop;
- in the opened page will offer to install the browser extension.
You can set the taskbar plugin to simplify access to all Google services.
When you run the module You will see that the interface is decorated in a minimalist style.
In the upper part of Remote support is allowed access to their own PC and made a connection with a stranger. For this there is a specific pin-code.
Setting up your computer with your smartphone is from the region My computers. Such a connection works, but only for one Google account.
You need to allow connection to a PC, which is configured RemoteDesktop. To complete the operation — enter the pin.
When connected to the second PC, which is located at a distance, you can significantly reduce elapsed time. Ways of implementing such connections is enough. The article considers the most important moments. Which method will suit you — you choose your own.