Configuring the router DIR-320 for Internet service providers
In order to connect your computer to the Internet, the user needs to configure your router itself. Only then will be able to easily open different web pages of websites and download required information.
Connecting the router
Configuring and connecting the router D-LINK DIR-320 begins with check the operation of the critical network nodes on the router and computer.
To begin, you must take the following actions:
- to turn the power supply on the router and connect it to the mains;
- connect the Internet cable with the router;
- to check the router status of the network (needs light bulb in the form of a ball on the front)
- to connect the router and the computer the other wire to the local network;
- check on the computer the status of the connected networks (the icon in the lower right corner in the form of a monitor with a yellow triangle and an exclamation mark)
If done correctly, you can begin to configure the router and connect.
Entrance to the settings via web management
Before configuring D LINK DIR 320 is required to check the operation of network devices.
This requires to perform the following procedure:
- go to the start menu and select «control panel»;
- in the opened window it is necessary waity the link label «control Center network and sharing» or «Network and Internet» and then «control Center network and sharing»;
- open the option «Change adapter settings»;
- click the shortcut of «local area Connection», right-mouse buttons;
- if prompt window will appear the option «connect», then click on it, if there was to disable, then just close the prompt window;
- further, in the same prompt window to open properties to open a new window;
- in the new window highlight «Protocol … 6» and click on the option «properties» and in the next window select the option automatic configuration;
- to do the previous operation in the same way, but with the string «Protocol 4».
These actions are necessary to prepare automatic configuration of wifi router d-ink dir 320 and the LAN.
After configuring the local connection you want to run the disc included with the router. It is necessary to create a local connection to the Internet and configure the router. This is done in accordance with pop-up hint in the installation window.
Special attention should be paid to selecting the connection technology pppoe or l2tp. Choose the format of the connection is in accordance with the parameters specified in the contract.
The next step is to configure through the web interface. For this you need to type in the Internet browser the ip address 192.168.0.1.
Username and password are the user who will be prompted to change after logging in.
After changing the username and password will appear on the screen interface, which will include all the connection parameters, including all possible settings according to the technology provider.
Standard set of router includes software CD, required for the correct operation of the network device, but it does not give a guarantee for continuity and the correct functioning of D-LINK DIR-320.
How to configure and install the latest version of the required drivers?
Software upgrade for router D-LINK DIR-320 passes only through the Internet home page – 192.168.0.1. This procedure is held immediately after the installation of the basic software from the disk by clicking on the link «ftp://dlink.ru/pub/Router/DIR-320_NRU/Firmware/». Download and save the file to your desktop.
Next on the home page of the router select the tab «system» and in the opened hierarchy – update. Click on the option «Choose file» and select the previously downloaded.
Thus, set the path to the file which will be update FOR router. In carrying out this operation it is impossible to shut down and restart the computer before it is finished, otherwise it may crash and have to start the installation and configuration from the beginning.
After the update restarted the DIR-320.
Configuring the router D-LINK DIR-320 from providers
The providers themselves often use information and the weakness of the users, most of whom are just afraid to go into «hardware» and to understand yourself. In this regard, there is always the possibility to call the appropriate specialist at the house to carry out the relevant works on the adjustment of the Internet.
For example, configuring the router D-LINK DIR-320 Rostelecom can be ordered by calling technical support. The operator will listen to all your problems and will offer a convenient time to call a specialist company at home.
In fact, all of these actions are simple, and they can hold their own without additional costs.
To do this, follow the following sequence:
- go to the home page 192.168.0.1;
- in the opened select the connection tab and put a check mark in the row of the wan connection next to the parameter «default gateway»;
- then click on the line itself, the wan connection;
- in the updated window, put a tick in the options «connection Type IPoE allow», «Get IP Address automatically» «Obtain dns server address automatically».
- dalee save the configuration settings by pressing «save» in the window where you previously set the checkmark for the gateway (this is necessary to ensure that after a reboot the dir 320 configuration remains in accordance with the latest billed options and was not lost.
- next go to the tab «status» and hierarchy – «network statistics», where the opposite compounds in the column «status» should be «connected»
The sequence settings of the Internet connection is applicable to windows 7 and 8.
Setting for Rostelecom
To configure the router D-Link DIR-320 in network provider «Rostelecom», the user must go to the home page of the router (192.168.0.1) and to take the following steps:
- in the tab on the main page choose the tab «network»;
- click on the option «Wan»;
- in the updated window will appear setup wizard wan connection;
- if you select connection type select «pppoe»;
- click on the option «next»;
- in the updated box, specify the name of your network (it can be arbitrary), the user name and password (specified in the contract);
- then click «next» and «apply». The parameters are stored in full and displayed on the new window;
- then move on to setting up a wireless connection on the router dir320 where you specify the wireless network name and password to enter into it(indicated in arbitrary, but in accordance with the instructions of the router) and save
Settings for Beeline
Configuring the router D-LINK DIR-320 provider Beeline is different from Rostelecom, as they use the connection type «l2tp».
Thus, the actions of the user should resemble the following:
- go to the home page of the router 126.96.36.199 in the web browser;
- in the window that appears in the tab «network» select the «wan»;
- opens the connection list, in which you must choose the option «add»;
- in the updated window exhibiting the connection type «l2tp + dynamic ip»;
- in the line port not to change anything;
- ask the network name (it can be any);
- checkbox «enable» tick;
- put a tick in the option «obtain dns server address automatically»;
- in the fields «username» and «password» specify the relevant data provided by the provider;
- in the «vpn server address» specify «tp.internet.beeline.ru»;
- other settings do not need to change. Need just keep;
- page opens with a window save the configuration, click «save»;
- updated the page opposite the newly created connection should illuminate the status «Connected».
If done correctly, the user will be able to freely use the Internet.
Setting for MTS
Connection to the Internet provider’s MTS technology «pppoe».
Therefore, configuring the router D-Link dir 320 will be held as follows:
- check the operation of the network device;
- go to the home page of the router into a web browser 192.168.0.1;
- install the driver;
- updated driver;
- go to the tab «network» and select the line «connection»;
- in the opened window select the option «add»;
- the type of connection exhibited «pppoe»;
- put a tick against the command «allow»;
- in the line «physical interface» set parameter «port5»;
- in the lines name and password of the user trying to drive the appropriate data from the contract with the provider;
- in «NAT» and «firewall» put a check mark;
- save the settings and configuration.
Video: configuring the router D-Link dir
Setting The Megaphone
Internet from MegaFon is mainly provided by technology 3G and . So all the settings are set manually:
- go to the page of the router 188.8.131.52;
- choose the column «install the Internet»;
- in the updated window below select the option «set up Internet connection manually»;
- in the dialog box, select the connection type «3 GUSB adapter»;
- in the fields login, password and dial numbers in accordance with the settings given by the provider under the contract;
- when you save the settings.
The work of the network through the wi-fi module of the router DIR-320 is very simple and easy. To configure a wireless connection, simply follow the prompts during the initial installation of the driver on the router. When prompted during the installation process should install the recommended settings according to the prompts.
The main attention should be paid to the settings of the network card on the computer to support wi-fi connection. In this case, you must go to control panel, and in it select control center network and sharing. Then enter the option change adapter properties and check the status of wi-fi module. If everything works, the Internet connection happens immediately and without delay.
Settings Wi Fi connection in Windows 7
If the Internet connection does not happen automatically, but this happens only when using older versions of D-LINK DIR-320(b1) or the operating system windowsxp, you will need to manually configure it. For this you need to log in to the adapter settings for wireless connection and set manually re dns address. In this case the ip address will match the router address, and Podlaska (dns) is 255.255.255.0.
Further, the user must create a new connection without changing settings. Data are entered only username and password for connecting to the Internet, and the desktop shortcut is created, when opening which is a direct connection.
Thus, to complete the configuration of your router D-LINK DIR-320, you must:
- carefully read the instructions for the router;
- to check the operation of the network card and local network settings on the computer;
- to install the driver and configure the connection according to the prompts in the installation process;
- to update the driver to the latest version.
Experienced users will easily cope with this task, but for beginners it will be difficult. But if they will configure your router strictly in accordance with the designated order, the result will not keep itself waiting long.